Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-07, 04:39 PM   #73
retsam

Default Re: Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Fluke, you did take the Anand article and twist it to your own liking. It is not an article on Vista, it is an article on DX10 vs DX9. You argue that because DX10 isn't up to speed of a mature 4+ year old API (even older considering it's roots), that Vista is junk totally discrediting any positive aspects due to one current negative one. This whole thread is nothing more than an extension of your other thread where you were clearly on the losing side of an argument. That is blatant trolling.

You are a Vista hater for whatever reason. I'm guessing because the performance is slightly less than that of XP. Do you recall the 9x to 2k transition and the performance degredation involved then as well? It seems to me that if you do, you were probably a 9x advocate for a while then as well. I can only assume that you fear change and the insecure feeling of being a 'noob'. If you fear the change, that's fine. Just be patient and things will sort themselves out. I didn't dig XP for the first 2 years of it's life and got it just before SP2 was released. I didn't bash it, I just didn't use it.
very well said...
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:33 PM   #74
flukester
*BANNED*

OMG they should rename this Autistic News because 3/4 of the people in this thread HAVE TO BE autistic. lol. I just bought Vista, I tried to install it and my motherboard chipset or something on my motherboard is not properly supported. It bluescreens as soon as I put the drivers in. If I don't put the drivers in I have all kinds of hardware that is continually and consistently failing on boot. Am I gonna bother clearing this stuff off every boot? No. So I am waiting for new drivers.

I never said I hated Vista and if I did it would be pretty ****ing silly to have gone out and bought Home Premium for $150! Duh. Wake the **** up people. I didn't post Vista article from Anand to state Vista sucks. I posted it to say that DX10 is not a necessity for gaming and as such, since it's tied into Vista, Vista to me is not need "right now". I read a lot of negative articles on Vista, oh well, who's to blame? The authors who put em there. The major reason I posted that article which is front page news at Anand is because it had good points, good points that clearly went in 1 ear and out the other for most of you.

If you want to insinuate I think Vista sucks, that's your problem. I never said it, like I've said a million times now. You just made it up and twisted the meaning of my posts.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:41 PM   #75
Tr1cK
not coming back

lol stubborn....got to have at least some admiration for someone who so adamantly sticks to their guns.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 08:59 PM   #76
evilghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
OMG they should rename this Autistic News because 3/4 of the people in this thread HAVE TO BE autistic. lol. I just bought Vista, I tried to install it and my motherboard chipset or something on my motherboard is not properly supported. It bluescreens as soon as I put the drivers in. If I don't put the drivers in I have all kinds of hardware that is continually and consistently failing on boot. Am I gonna bother clearing this stuff off every boot? No. So I am waiting for new drivers.

I never said I hated Vista and if I did it would be pretty ****ing silly to have gone out and bought Home Premium for $150! Duh. Wake the **** up people. I didn't post Vista article from Anand to state Vista sucks. I posted it to say that DX10 is not a necessity for gaming and as such, since it's tied into Vista, Vista to me is not need "right now". I read a lot of negative articles on Vista, oh well, who's to blame? The authors who put em there. The major reason I posted that article which is front page news at Anand is because it had good points, good points that clearly went in 1 ear and out the other for most of you.

If you want to insinuate I think Vista sucks, that's your problem. I never said it, like I've said a million times now. You just made it up and twisted the meaning of my posts.
Glad to see the meds kicked in and we're experiencing the upswing of your bi-polar disorder.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 12:08 AM   #77
Rakeesh

Quote:
That sounds like a problem with your IHV, not Microsoft.

Quote:
You probably ignore all of the good reviews and only read the negative ones, and try to point everybody to the negative exclusively. Why? Probably because you tried a pirated version of windows, and were pissed off because something you wanted from it was only available with the legitimate versions.

Who knows exactly why, but this is why most people who are very vocal about it don't like it. The typical "hate all things microsoft" person wasn't even this negative about windows ME, which had much worse problems than vista during its initial release period. But once microsoft really started cracking down on piracy, people like you started having an aneurysm.

Heres what you should do: If you don't like the OS, don't use it. It's that simple. Nobody ever told you that you have to use it. Everybody here was well aware of its shortcomings long before you started bringing them up. Why do you feel the need to remind them incessantly? Did Microsoft rape you as a child or something?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 12:44 AM   #78
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

Quote:

So because Vista bluescreen on your comp you realize that "something" in your comp is not properly supported? How it can be? it could be that "something" in your comp is not properly configured?, please, explain more, what are you a troll?, we all known that Vista has some issues as stated in a lot of reviews, and for DX10 is the same as always, DX10 IS NEW that´s the reason why is not widely supported in games, you said that you aren´t a Vista hater... look your posts on other threads :

Quote:
Better than being an idiot and spreading misinformation huh? Improved security.. Pfff. Whatever. You are the tool, a very misinformed Tool.

Both links will get any dual core Intel or AMD cpu FULLY supported on XP as well, AMD offers a Dual Core optimizer. Where the F have you been bud?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9706,00.html

Better control over user accounts. Wow, there's a necessity to move to Vista. Yes, lets spend $300 so we can have better control on user accounts...Better management of system resources? oh really, and how many open running processes do you have after installing Vista.. now compare that to what XP has.. Better management of system resources comes from the user who has the brains to turn of stuff that's not needed. Oh and a brain drain for you Redeemed, Vista takes MORE MEMORY than XP ya clueless wonder. Now are we done with the name calling. Anyone can lower themselves to the age of 5 years old, though you seem to be a pro at it. If this is how you communicate to people, well then I guess I'll lower myself to your knee high level.

Feel free bud, you've stated nothing useful other than the fact your an immature prick who obviously is very out of touch with lots of things. I ignored your previous statements because they were useless just as you've proven here again. Yet interestingly you still spew BS...Guess some people don't get it unless you draw em a picture huh?!? Get a clue Redeemed and take your attitude with it.

Quote:
Vista is always a culprit, imo. It's new. I have a backed up installation of the game and I pre-configured it prior to installing the HD pack. Defaults mostly in Duke3D orig and I selected defaults for sound settings, setting it to Soundblaster. You can also try AWE32. Works without problems here, XP SP2

Quote:
Your machine is weaker than mine, memory included. Vista, despite what others would say, is not as lean as XP. There is a load of crap going on in the background. There is a lot of overhead period unless you tweak, drivers are weak and Vista is buggy period. Cut your res to 1024x768, take off AA and imo, you should be better off.

Vista as a gaming OS, imo, is just not the right time yet. There isn't really enough DX10 games yet to substantiate the move to Vista. Even if there were DX10 titles, you'd be crippled with your 7600 and your CPU and ram.

I'd recommend you stick with XP at least until SP1 comes out or you upgrade your PC...
Quote:
Can you list those security bonuses with Vista? Because my box is totally secure and doesn't even allow outside ping with no use of 3rd party software. Ya I am running XP Pro 32bit because Vista doesn't even properly support 570 chipsets. I own Vista but it bothers me when people make these 'MS Vista Marketing' claims. You are just as secure with XP as you are with Vista..
Quote:
Ya look at your system... C'mon I sure F'ing hope it runs well... I'm not hear to instigate a Flame war but you Vehement Vista supporters are irritating and in some cases, so full of *****. People upgraded to Vista, imo, for one thing. A new GUI. DX10 games are not coming out by the dozens and most games coming, including Crysis support DX9 and that wont change anytime soon.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 01:39 AM   #79
Son Goku

OK, I just skimmed over page after page of this thread. Actually when I clicked the thread, it took me to page 2, not even sure if I want to look at page 1 tbh.

So, is this meant to be a meaningful debate; or a p*ssing contest? And seriously, an OS blue screening on one guy's box isn't reason for all to avoid it. Now if one were to have something more constructive, like advise of waiting till SP1 OK. If one were to say that Vista is more resource intensive then XP; and that when upgraded hardware comes out we'll be better off, OK. Afterall, though the beta, and no doubt the "final version" has improved code, Vista did under-perform XP on my Athlon 64 here, mainly when the 1 GB of RAM became exhausted. That said, I was suggesting last year people would want 2 GB of RAM with this OS, and that it is more resource intensive.

I could see mention to DRM, and though the RIAA might like it, the bloat it adds, for the intent of adding it, might not be to the users liking. But post after post, I've seen more personal bickering going on, then an actual debate about the OS. Sorry
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 01:43 AM   #80
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

This is a simple one: Got a low to medium grade PC? Go with XP Pro. Got a high end PC? Go with Vista. It's that simple.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-07, 01:55 AM   #81
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
OK, I just skimmed over page after page of this thread. Actually when I clicked the thread, it took me to page 2, not even sure if I want to look at page 1 tbh.

So, is this meant to be a meaningful debate; or a p*ssing contest? And seriously, an OS blue screening on one guy's box isn't reason for all to avoid it. Now if one were to have something more constructive, like advise of waiting till SP1 OK. If one were to say that Vista is more resource intensive then XP; and that when upgraded hardware comes out we'll be better off, OK. Afterall, though the beta, and no doubt the "final version" has improved code, Vista did under-perform XP on my Athlon 64 here, mainly when the 1 GB of RAM became exhausted. That said, I was suggesting last year people would want 2 GB of RAM with this OS, and that it is more resource intensive.

I could see mention to DRM, and though the RIAA might like it, the bloat it adds, for the intent of adding it, might not be to the users liking. But post after post, I've seen more personal bickering going on, then an actual debate about the OS. Sorry
QFT you´re right
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 06:39 AM   #82
radekhulan

I always believed it would be beneficial if everybody had to state their age, social security number, and education, before posting anywhere. Now we have 30-40 years old with 20+ years IT experience arguing with 14 years old (with learned ability to switch computer on). Such "discussion" is silly.

Anyway, regarding Vista, gaming is a very small % of why you should install Vista. There are myryads of improvements, and I will not name them here (again), rather read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista

In fact, based on Anandtech article, I am very pleased with DX10 performance. Lost Planet in DX10 has better performance than DX9 version, why offering brilliant picture. If developers do it right, it does have benefits. And that is with developers knowing the API for few months only, compared to 6+ years old knowledge of DX8/9.

I can also play 50+ of my DX9 games at full resolution (1920x1200), enjoy 4GB of RAM (x64), great speed (Apache, MySQL and PHP do run way faster), stability, integrated search, and top security. Vista is a huge upgrade, it is not like Win 95-> Win98, but rather like MS-DOS -> Windows XP (NT kernel).
My websites: [url=http://hulan.cz/en][b]HULAN.cz[/b][/url], [url=http://radekhulan.cz/][b]RADEKHULAN.cz[/b][/url], [url=http://hulan.info/][b]HULAN.info[/b][/url], [url=http://blogcms.com/][b]BLOGCMS.com[/b][/url], [url=http://www.megablog.cz/][b]MEGABLOG.cz[/b][/url] | [url=http://hulan.cz/temp/games.png][b]Games played[/b][/url] | [URL=http://hulan.cz/temp/sestava.png][B]CPU-Z[/B][/URL] -- [URL="http://radekhulan.cz/img/stacker-830/stacker-830-bocnice.jpg"][B]case foto[/B][/URL][/size]
radekhulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 01:21 PM   #83
Q

Lamers.

If you all knew what was good for you, you would be running BeOS like a real man.

Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 01:30 PM   #84
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Lamers.

If you all knew what was good for you, you would be running BeOS like a real man.

I always knew you was a little devil.