Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-31-07, 03:05 AM   #13
stryker

Default Re: I am getting so tired of pests online

hmm i must vent too

i noticed that after hiting the lvl 40 mark random strangers ask if i want to help them out in instances, i politely say no thanks and go about my business. Seriously it just pisses me off sometimes. Also the other day when i was in a group this druid kept needing all the stuff without even asking, he even needed a sword! (druids can't use swords) He got kicked eventually though so there was some justice. Finally, the advertisers. I hate it when people would sell gold or advertise power leveling services, the only city i have seen this is in org, no other city. Other than that its a fun game
Old 08-31-07, 09:22 AM   #14
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

You guys take this world of nerdcraft too seriously.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 10:24 AM   #15
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
You guys take this world of nerdcraft too seriously.
LOL Tru dat.

I can't believe you call this nerdcraft when every single MMO is a nerdapalooza. LOL

Don't hate just because your game tanked worse than Ted Kennedy at spring break in Fort Lauderdale.

nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 10:27 AM   #16
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Oh man, bringing unknowns into an instance. Several months ago, on my horde realm we had a guy who was in the guild over there from the beginning; and his friends apperently allowed him to need all the drops. He was an enchanter, and somewhere along the way he got a sense of entitlement "because my friends let me do it".

So now (and the gates of AQ not being open on the realm), the guild leader and some others had an idea we could go open it. He transfered in from a much more established realm, and so knew the steps necessary to open it all. So my Orc hunter there was 56 or 57 at the time (this was many, many months ago), and the guild was running LBRS, to get the UBRS key, so that people could proceed with the BWL attunement. I was rushing some lvls, so that I could hit a lvl to get the alt (my main then was a 60+ NE hunter over on Aman'Thul) to a lvl to go down there.

It ends abruptly when this individual went needing every single item in raid, and then b*tched when the co-GM needed only 1 item (after having passed on practically everything), which was better then what she had, and was an item she equiped immediately.

This followed by a half hour argument between this person; who insisted he did need all the drops, for enchanting mats, "how else will I make money on this run?", and the GM who was telling him, that one person can't just go around needing everything in a raid; that it isn't fair to everyone else. He was like "well my friends let me, and because they have for many months, you're obligated to do so, also".

After about a half hour of this, and complaining how he couldn't get his way (which ended up leaking out into guild chat), he hearthed out, mid-raid; and was de-ranked in the guild rankings. The next day he got all upset about the end of rank, and slowly began a campaign to convince all the lvl 60+s to leave the guild and come join him. It ended with his friends saying "he is wrong, but lets not make this about him, because he's a friend."

I was 57 then, when the guild disolved; wondering what I'd do, as a lvl 50+ unguilded is usually seen, rather badly by whoever one might try to get in with. Didn't play that alt much then (went back to my other realm), until I got that mess straightened out.

This sorta thing is just not enjoyable. I'd rather play with some friends, and with some individuals I know something about and have had a good time with; then go through this sorta nonsense. I do play yes, but life is just way too short for some individuals who go around life, expecting complete strangers to just willingly subjugate themselves to this sorta thing, with some sense of entitlement behind it.
Why do you let stupid people in your guild? We boot idiots on the spot. I booted a guy from my guild because he was putting the moves on my buddy's wife. He is in Iraq fighting for us and he is here playing a geek's game and trying to put the moves on my buddy's wife? I don't think so.
Old 08-31-07, 11:06 AM   #17
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

It's such a great feeling not playing WoW anymore, I'm very much at peace with the world now. No more raid times, no more idiots, no more trade spamming, no more wishes and dreams of big-time raiding...all done...

Ahhhh.....

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 02:57 PM   #18
firehawk

can i have 6g?
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 04:27 PM   #19
nVJoe

I had a guy get mad at me and calling me names. He asked me for 10g so I put 10g in the trade window but never pushed the trade button. LOL I like doing that. He got mad as usual. After a bit I said dance for me and I'll give you gold. So he danced and I didn't give him the gold. He was calling me a n00b, idiot, asshole and all sorts of names. I just laughed at him and said "why would I give you money for dancing when I can simply type /dance my self? He said he his friend was some high up officer in a huge guild and I would be sorry. LOL! He had to be a teenager. What a joke.
Old 09-01-07, 05:43 AM   #20
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

I did something similar. I was in org, getting ready to put a very nice BoE Blue up on the AH and their was a level 3 guy spamming /say that he needed gold. He opened trade with me a few times to which I hit cancel, and then got thinking I'd mess with him. I put all of my money, and the BoE blue in the trade and then went to go make some food. When i came back the window was still up and he was asking me in whispers if he could please have it. Put him on ignore, sold my item then hearthed back to Shattrath. Good Times. =p

Old 09-10-07, 07:36 PM   #21
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Why do you let stupid people in your guild? We boot idiots on the spot. I booted a guy from my guild because he was putting the moves on my buddy's wife. He is in Iraq fighting for us and he is here playing a geek's game and trying to put the moves on my buddy's wife? I don't think so.
The guild master and the co-GM had realm transfered from Sen Jin over to Gnomeragan, where my horde guy there is. Given there really wasn't any raiding there, he was looking to build a guild up to raiding. Lets just say the people who this surrounded, were the type who figured that because they're 5 manning scholo and stuff, they're the big men around, and as this one guy said "without us high lvls, there'd be no guild, so stuff it. We can do as we please, because we're the big kids around."

Thing is, the guy who was saying this, might have done some 5 mans, but had absolutely no raid experience whatsoever. The second things went down to the first raid on something (and just UBRS at that), this all errupted. And then, is when it came out that the other people were essentially tollerating his needing every drop for disenchanting, and in the name of friendship, saying nothing. tbh, I for one had never run with that guy to even have known before, nor would I have, given I was lvl 56 or 57 at the time this happened, and he was mid 60s. Mind you, my main was around upper 60s when this all happened, but on a different realm. I was pushing my guy's lvls there, at the time, to join up with the raid, but then suddenly....

Oh, and speaking of annoyances, one person was running around Shadowmoon Valley today, begging for gold for his epic flying mount. Mind you, this also created a lot of angst in general chat, as people weren't looking to be begged for 5 k gold, and by another lvl 70 at that If he wasn't joking, I don't know what to say.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-07, 03:22 AM   #22
Son Goku

Bleh, and yet again:

Get off gryphon in IF, after going to some place with lowbie mobs to test my addons to see which one (turned out 2) were causing problems with the pet bar appearing on dismount.

I don't even have a chance to walk away from the gryphon when one person barks at me "I need your help"

No introduction, no hello, no nothing, except "I need...gimme" I'm on a lvl 70, this person on a lvl 25 I say nothing, so the person PSTs me again, demanding I help them. Completely random, someone I don't even know, not a fellow guildie, no precedent for this at all.

When I walk away on mount, going about my business, and not giving this sorta approach a reply, the person starts spamming party invites. It's like some people have a sense of entitlement, and act as if the world owes them or something.

Unfortunately, and under the circumstances, when Gilthanas did end up approaching me on that alt I long since forgot about; this is exactly what I mistook him for, and lost a friend along the way. These annoying people remain, and of course are exactly the sorta people I don't want to associate with; hence the decision not to even provide a reply, until the person started party invite spamming me. At which point I just told him, I don't know you, this is rather random and quite insistent", and left it at that. Demanding stuff of someone who just happens to be there, is not really the best way to either meet people, or get something...
Old 09-25-07, 06:24 PM   #23
Son Goku

Ya know? I just have to mention this, not only because it's annoying, but stupid to even try.

So I was doing a daily in BEM, to wrangle aerather rays. I've shot one one and am attacking it, when another hunter agros the thing to himself and tries to get it instead. Probably thinks if he can agro it off, he'll get to laso it first... Makes it really annoying with any kinda rep quest when one runs into this, but now the stupidity of this person.

I've got the thing on auto-attack, my pet is on it and won't stop attacking/will run after it till I call it off. The thing can't be wrangled until it's down to <20% hp. I fricken crit for well over 1k damage, and it will go up as I'm back to running kara (new guild). Not to mention my arrows aren't free, so from a simple ecconomic standpoint it isn't worth my while to stop attacking because someone is trying to ninja my aerather ray and kite it away from me. And how can he not know about auto-attack or pets as a hunter himself?

Yeah, so natural consequence, he tried to pull it, but I'm still on attack and now it's down to 800 hp, so yeah 1 auto-attack it's gone. I get loot (as the target was locked into me), neither gets to wrangle it, and both have to walk away looking for the next thing to complete daily quest.
Old 11-11-07, 11:46 PM   #24
Dvahlish

My biggest peeve...
When playing my holy pally, people asking me to come heal for them in instances and then getting abused for not being able to heal everyone in a 5 member group when they are very poorly planned and keep just charging into mobs and creating agro and a right damn mess!!

If I would ever get anyone who would critisise my healing abilities in a group quest/instance I would refuse to heal that person at all for awhile, let them die and then ask them if they would like my help or not