Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-12-07, 02:05 AM   #25
jolle

Default Re: I am getting so tired of pests online

I spent about 20 mins trying to help some guy install Omen the other day..
He tried putting the zip in addons, he downloaded the wrong addon, he unpacked it into /addon/omen/omen, he failed to move the files..
And obviously he denied things 3 times until he finally admitted to the errors as I guessed them..
After 20 mins we both gave up.

Its a simple precedure, download the zip file, unpack it in addons and your done! WTH!!!

Then he was all "you know, I got a lvl70, so Im not a noob".. well, alot of lvl70 are noobs..
then he started bragging about his lvl70 pallys HPs, around 7500 or so.. I have more then that on my rogue..

Then he starts bragging about how big his guild is, whereupon he starts nagging me to come to Karazhan with him since everyone in his guild sucks.
.. some people..
Old 11-12-07, 10:56 PM   #26
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
I had a guy get mad at me and calling me names. He asked me for 10g so I put 10g in the trade window but never pushed the trade button. LOL I like doing that. He got mad as usual. After a bit I said dance for me and I'll give you gold. So he danced and I didn't give him the gold. He was calling me a n00b, idiot, asshole and all sorts of names. I just laughed at him and said "why would I give you money for dancing when I can simply type /dance my self? He said he his friend was some high up officer in a huge guild and I would be sorry. LOL! He had to be a teenager. What a joke.
Ooohhhhhh!!! Fear the guild officer!!!!!
Did you ask him, why if he knew so many influencial and important people....did he have to beg for gold?

Idiots...just idiots.
Old 11-13-07, 04:16 AM   #27
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Never got harrased like this, but if I did, on the next kill he trys to interfere with, open up atlusloot and link a world drop purple, and thank him for helping you with the kill. ^^
Old 11-13-07, 04:29 AM   #28
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
My biggest peeve...
When playing my holy pally, people asking me to come heal for them in instances and then getting abused for not being able to heal everyone in a 5 member group when they are very poorly planned and keep just charging into mobs and creating agro and a right damn mess!!

If I would ever get anyone who would critisise my healing abilities in a group quest/instance I would refuse to heal that person at all for awhile, let them die and then ask them if they would like my help or not
Back when I was finishing my hunter's kara attunement, I was able to get shadow labs and durnehold done in my first guild before it broke up. I was able to PuG SV and arch OK, but for the love of gawd, getting BM was a total mess. Not to mention that I spent like 3 days straight, 9 hours each day doing nothing but trying to PuG that, before I asked someone in my first guild (then in one of the top raiding guilds on realm) for help. That went well as he got a healer from his kara team, and a mage to come along and help.

But before then, and before it went so smoothly, I ran into one of those few PuGs when I could finally get a tank and healer together. It ended at the second boss, with the 2 of them practically screaming at each other. The tank was angry and yelling how the healer won't heal him, how dare you, insert all kinds of names. The healer was yelling back how he's out of mana, the person is a complete mana drain, how dare you; just as angry. The 2 would just not stop screaming back and forth. A shadow priest (not the healer), whispered me and said the tank is no where near geared well enough for this instance and this is what's going on. But these 2 were yelling and insulting, and it ended with wipe after wipe surrounding that That was days after trying to PuG it to finish attunement.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 10:14 PM   #29
Son Goku

./yawn Speaking of what can happen in 5 mans. So I'm in SM lib on a shamy alt (lvl 34 when it began, 35 about half through), and we had a couple were tanking was out. The hunter was taking his own mob on pet, then the lock decided to be a lock tank beside. So we had like 4 or 5 mobs comming at a time, and druid tanking trying to keep it all in line. In the midst of this, a dif druid (in guild) but who also had like +45 heals at lvl 32 (not much but probably not bad at that lvl) by the end showed up taking 2nd top damage on the damage taken meter, with this lock not much behind. Even odder then that, OK at the top it made sense with the druid I mentioned taking top place on the healing list, my shamy was 2nd (mostly with the healing stream totem), but the lock fell not far below me, and over 20%. Keep in mind, locks can only bandage, or perhaps he can have heal stones then also. Eitehr way, none were given out, nor any soul stones put on anyone.

So we get toward the end boss, and when the tanking druid goes to take the 3 mobs on 1 side of the room, and advises everyone, the lock up and decides to send his void walker in the middle. Next thing you know, the entire instance is pulled on us there, and wipe. No soul stone, I couldn't reincarnate, and running back, all the respawns. The tank decided it was time to go, either because he had to, or had enough and just didn't want to continue (dunno).

What is up with some doing this? If you're a lock, your not supposed to pull instances, fear mobs into other mobs, decide when the tank is on some mobs "oh I think I can take every other one". He'd then also fear, or pull mobs off the tank, as well as off me and anyone else who was trying to melee at least to some degree. Then there were times I had to tell people to wait, on account this other druid had no mana/couldn't heal. And there was 1 time I was oom (not an easy feet as an enhancement spec, mostly due to mana pool size considerations at lower lvl, with about 2.4k mana, which I guess is OK for lvl 35). When things were done, and no other tank, the resto druid was telling me "I don't know about him, but that lock did that on my last run also, he pulled everything, on people".

Oh, and speaking of things, early in the week I had some lvl 2 Draenie warrior just come up to me in SW, and with absolutely no words at all, give me random party invite. Given what's happened since the patch where 10 day trial accounts were restricted from /w, many of these hosting these WoW gold sites have resorted to creating bots that do a party invite from some random low lvl. Then upon acceptance, start spamming "mount financing and lvling services, visit www.some_WoWgold_site.com, blah, blah, blah"."

I comment about this with a "I don't give invites to spam bots" or something of the sort. At which point, it's like (OK so turns out not a bot, but exactly how I was approached) "I'm not a bot, see I speak English". Well technically that could be scripted, but umm... I'm on a lvl 70 hunter getting random invite from a lvl 2 Draenie which got to SW. It's not like I played with the thing; and beside the last time I was on a lvl 1 and accepted an invite from a lvl 1 in a n00b zone figuring (well, I'm that lvl too, I don't need help here, but I'll be accomodating); WoW gold spam is exactly what I got. My own danged fault for not expecting it'd be more of the same.

So it's like, well if you're not a spammer, then you're probably a begger Lets be honest, I don't care to give gold, instance runs, or I've even had some ask me to rush them through the whole game, to someone I don't know. And this, when there's no introduction, no word, no nothing said before hand; until I voice my suspiscion of a bot.

At which point, it's like "I hate you" is the response I get. And tbh, given the number of beggers who have first asked for gold, and either told me I'm a meanie, "how dare you not give me anything", or "I hate you" as a reply I can't help but to laugh. It's like "umm, you're a complete stranger, sitting on a character, in a computer generated environment. Why would I care?"

The only reply I get is "lies " Umm how so? Some level 2, which managed to either get a portal to SW, or walk from Azuremyst Isle, through Exodar, took boats to Menethal, and walk up to IF, to then take tram to SW, has likely not really played with anyone. How would anyone notice this? I'm half mentioning the absurdity of this, half laughing, and half finding this a tad annoying.

Course, now in retrospect, there is only one other possibility. Given how Gilthanas approached me when we last saw each other, on some alt I didn't recognize, if he.... But umm, that just wouldn't make sense. An alt that one only said "this is another one of my alts, but I don't really play him anymore" some 5 months earlier, would be requiring one to have like "perfect recall" or an infallible memory. A lvl 2 alt, just created would go so far beyond, as to require one to either be psychic, a mind reader, or just "know things" out of the blue, with no prompting, nothing presented to the 5 physical senses, at any time past or present to go on.

As much as I'd like to see him again, I'd like to think he has enough of a sense of such things; to recognize that we each have our own individual minds and sense organs, and to not assume that I'd just magically recognize a new character, that never existed before, without a word given. Which would leave things just as they had appeared. Some random lvl 2, wanting stuff from lvl 70s they don't even know; because some always want a 70 to do or give everything for/to them.
Old 11-24-07, 11:20 PM   #30
pRATTICUS
Schnauzerkampfwagen I

Good God, you spend way too much time playing WoW and analyzing everything about it.

Go get a girlfriend.
pRATTICUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 03:21 AM   #31
Son Goku

Pests are as pests are, and no I wouldn't want a live in nag, erm I mean girl friend. We all know the type. Nags who go around with a sense of entitlement, who act as if someone owes them a living. And the last thing I'd want is to bring some pest who acts like the world owes them everything; into a house, expecting to have a credit card made available to them. I think the term which would apply in all such cases would be "gold digger".

It's bad enough dealing with such, where at least one can fake AFK or whatever; face to face one coudln't do as such. And I'm at the point with everything said and done, where playing "Mr. Nice Guy" in the face of that is not something, I'd have the least bit of interest in doing. Listen up, if I don't know someone and recognize them as a good friend, I'm not going to turn over real world money, anymore then I would some non-existent game gold. I don't "owe" every such person as this, simply because some rather needy people might like hang around those who they think they might "get something from". And if someone was to turn over all their money, time whatever, to those who are simply demanding every last thing they want; no one would ever have anything for themself. If someone is a good friend, and I can recognize them as such, then I don't mind being in a more giving frame of mind. For a good friend, I don't mind helping them out. But as to the leeches of society, wherever I might find them, who act as if everyone owes them, I'm simply comming to the point of not wanting to entertain this sorta thing anymore....

It's bad enough to run into people like that in some game. In real life, and throw the naging, and the sense of "but I want to control people's lives and change them into the sort of person I think they should be" into the mix, and good gawd no thanks.

And no, I won't say it's just girl friends either. One of my sisters finally divorced one of those dead beats who for like 15 or more years sat around home doing nothing as she had to hold down 3 jobs, and barely got 5 hours sleep a day. Came home, to then have to take care of house and raise the kids, as he wouldn't even lift a finger. After she finally gave him his walking papers, he turned around to their eldest son, and started begging him for money at a time he was trying to buy a house and make a life for him; all to ready to try to live as a leech, off his own son as well. Chances are, and with that out of the way, comes the next entrant to the wellfare roles, where everyone's tax dollars get to support him now...
Old 11-25-07, 05:44 AM   #32
K007

Arena..BG...nuff said =)

Ive played WoW since release day, there are pests..but hey thats why i rolled on a PVP Server, and i know friends from both sides so if i get pests..i take care of them =)

I am also kinda now less WoW mode. Which is a good thing..dam game..ruined my life..almost destroyed it...so glad the 'need' to play is gone now.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-07, 06:34 AM   #33
Son Goku

I think BGs are probably more satisfying for horde, then ali That said, I knew someone who rolled horde on Barthilas, and have since done the same. My main on Aman'Thul is in the same battlegroup. I think going and dealing with some of the wankers would be surprisingly satisfying.

Used to be the alliance could at least hold their own in AV, though in WSG and AB, they seemed more interested in jumping in the middle and zerging honor, to bother with things like capping the flag Go to help someone, and they turn tail and run away; but of course because someone helped them the horde ignores the zerger who turns tail and gives special attention to the one who would bother helping anyone with anything; or show the slightest inclination to team work.

Then measures were taken to elliminate AFKers, and by and by the horde has learned they can win AV. What does the ali seem to do? They found ways around being AFK booted by jumping every minute or 2, and I've been in BGs where as many as 26 people don't even bother doing anything but jump every couple minutes. Oh, and today not even bothering to cap towers, I got a whole whopping 11 honor on a double AV honor weekend by the time I was done with a BG. Ridiculous; that's just not even enough honor to be worth the time spent in there.

I swear, sometimes it seems like it would be a pleasant idea to get this (now lvl 25 alt) on Barthilas lvled a little; and go in and help with some of the ownage the horde gives to the people my main ends up BGing with. Hell I'd probably recognize some of the names too; but tbh, it grows old eventually to get utterly ganked, only to find one's own "team mates" running around willy nilly, too interested in trying to solo farm honor; to ever bother working together with anyone, for any objective.
Old 12-08-07, 10:26 PM   #34
Son Goku

I just have to mention this, gah And it's enough for me to not only go out to eat now; but send a trouble ticket into the GMs before going... Thing is, all except those doing it, have long since grown tired.

It's another one of those things that wasn't around when Gilthanas was; has got rather out of control at times, and it's the absolute channel flooding. It's made it, so the only viable options are to either ignore chat altogether when in cities because it's impossible to follow anything anyhow, /leave trade, avoid cities altogether, or go.

It started about a month ago with people putting "murloc" into every statement, while posting one liners with murloc in every movie title known to man. Then it got added with people speaking like

[quote]MURLOC! MURLOC! MURLOCK!....."

till it fills 4 or 5 lines of text; yes caps and all. The first time this happened, came back to town, they're still doing it, some 5 hours latter. It continued at about the rate of more then 1 line per sec of "murloc...." everything up until the realm got restarted for gameplay issues. It's got to have been started up at least 10 times already, and each time it goes on non-stop for about a day. Need to speak with anyone, someone is trying to speak to you, it's impossible without having to scroll through pages of this for every reply. And mind you, it isn't conversation which I've also been guilty of from time to time in trade; but downright channel flooding, to almost the worst degree imageanable at times.

Murlocs are old already, whoever do everyone a favor and give it a rest It's the point the only way to get through, is habitually ignore all chat in cities (though one might miss something important and it would make it next to impossible for people to get someone's attention); to not get an ear full of caps lock murloc everything and what not.

Probably the only one's who will end up hearing more of this is the GMs, as then 200 other people can be telling these people to shut up already about the murlocs with a comment of "reported". I can't blame them though after a month of it for about a half a day or so at a time. I have rarely reported people for things in the past (outside gold selling spam bots) and even I've started reporting it as spam. But I don't bother to tell them, I just do when it hits this point. Anyhow, I'm getting dinner, and perhaps seeing a movie; nuff of that
Old 12-09-07, 05:09 PM   #35
Dvahlish

Ah look....
Stupid talk happens everywhere.
Take the Barrens and Chuck Norris talk.
I have noticed that in the UC it has now become "The rising tide" talk....
Id much rather prefer people talking silly stuff than hearing the elitest who love to put people down for asking quite valid questions in general chat, and then follow by calling everyone "noobs" (God damn, I hate that word) and then to continue by talking about how **** hot thier chatacters are.
That sort of talk reallllllly annoys me.
People talking them selves up and putting others down juust because they may be newer to the game.

My advice if you dont like general chat.
/leave channel.
Old 12-09-07, 05:15 PM   #36
Dvahlish

Hehehe...I just noticed my signature
Wasnt taking the piss at all....
I just happen to think murlocs are funny...I never get sick of seeing their flailing arms and the stoopid noide they make as they run towards you....
it just makes me laugh