Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-07, 06:54 AM   #37
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: I am getting so tired of pests online

I tool around in WOW every now and then(1 or 2 nights a week for a couple hours) and as it did since the release of this game, it by far has the most disrepectful, idiotic, retarded, and immature community of all games.
Old 12-11-07, 08:26 AM   #38
Son Goku

I have a lvl 70 orc, and I've seen Barrens chat. What I'm describing is far, far worse then anything I ever saw in Barrens chat. For the first time, I think the alliance there actually managed to create something which can be infinitely worse then the Barrens chat was ever renowned for.

As to buying and selling, it got so bad the other week I just had to leave town and ask a guildie to make some items from engineering that was needed for a quest turn in. Just too much.... I must say spiraling down hill is about the size of it in that one; and I have no idea what the end will be. As to carrying on any conversation, with a single chat window, impossible. A perfect example of this (though in IRC one can open other chat windows for dif channels, here it's all in 1) is if one got hours of

Quote:
Brokeback murloc
Quote:
My, myself, and murloc
Quote:
... (after 50,000 lines of this) Will you retards shut up about the murlocs already? Reported, every one of you
Quote:
MURLOC! MURLOC! MURLOC! MURLOC!.... (repeated about 50 times in a single line)
Quote:
[SERVER] Due to you f***in retards (they spelled it out) spamming chat about murlocs, the realms will be turned off all night. Have a nice day you [bleep] [bleep] jerks
Quote:
lol at SERVER, ooh, I'm reporting you for cursing. Take that jerk, I'll have you banned, nya, nya, nya Murloc, murloc, murloc; us murlocs will always onz joo... (with many, many hours of this flooding and back and forth between them and annoyed individuals to commence)
Now multiply that for a half a day, so often it's impossible to hold a conversation with anyone on anything, because anything typed in any chat channel is instantly scrolled off the screen before one can even see it, making conversation impossible on anything but that.

More and more people are becomming annoyed, as it goes on for ever long then, randomly starts up again now over a month; an increasing number of people filling trouble tickets with the game masters to complain about it, and the number of people sitting around and reporting every last individual who so engages with the "report spam" feature in the UI.

As Bliz wants this on a per incident basis, it means the game masters will get literally swamped with every last one of these, times the number of people reporting them. How the game masters will respond to this, if at all (and especially as the TT queue's grow substantially larger from everyone not part of this), I have no idea. All I can say in that regard is I'm an officer in one of the guildes I'm in, and there have been times in the past of "unpleasant tasks", where I have not wanted to necessarily be there at a given moment when called in for one dispute in particular for instance. That made worse, as it was 2 friends of the then guild master, who just could not get along, with him caught in the middle between friends. That was the point I was called in, and asked to take action; as them both being friends he didn't want to be the one to have to, but for the good of the guild if they wouldn't get along, action had to be taken against one. It had apperently been going on for hours, and he just could figure no way to difuse it as things just kept getting hotter up to and after the point the guild master was called in by one.

As to this, I'm disgusted with that sort of BS. Hell I've even lost friends, such as Gilthanas simply because I couldn't recognize him, and he believes otherwise; to then get that from some more then annoying channel flooders (forget simple spam). But in any case, and speaking as one who has had to step in this sort of role before though on a smaller scale; I simply would not want the game master's job in that. Headache would be putting it mild, if they have to turn around dropping every other task and simply babysit some of these people for 9 hour stretches
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 11:09 PM   #39
Dvahlish

Remember the majority of people that are playing wow, are kids.
I was in org the other night, right before a server shutdown and everyone just started spamming the whole general chat.
Yes, it was annoying, and infact just juevenile, but, thats the first time I have ever seen it that bad.
Normally, I just leave the general chat...there normally isnt anything in thewre that I care too much about reading anyway.

Its a agme, so i dont let it get to me that badly.
Im there to have fun, not get stressed out over idiots.
Old 12-17-07, 11:21 PM   #40
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

goku, you know.. you can have as many chat windows as you want. ^^ you can have them be tabbed, or you can yank it out and stick it some where else. you can also filter any channels you dont want. its pretty much as configurable as IRC. chat rooms even have owners, mods, although no perminant owners can be set up.
Old 12-19-07, 08:16 AM   #41
Son Goku

That's the thing though... People like that really sap the fun out of it. Need to buy or sell, nope. Need to chat with people hmph. Hell that's the sort of thing that would get people kicked off almost any IRC server out there; as mods would seldom tollerate it to the degree that it totally disrupsts and destroys any possiblility of chat. Or they'd send people over to their own private channel and tell the to go do it there.

I guess what makes it all worse, is in the midst of all this (and this gets way beyond the worst I ever saw in Barrens chat while seeing horde); is all around this time, you know, I will never know if that random level 2 that first looked to be a spam bot (as I heard nothing before a random party invite), and then perhaps a begger? might or might not have been Gilthanas trying to get back together again.

If it was, then I see absolutely nothing even remotely fair in being expected to recognize some lvl 2 character, just created "as me". It would suggest he's operating under the impression we're seeing each other "face to face", and can not even remotely fathom the difference between that vs. comming up to friends on some random character. Then again, maybe something was said, though nothing caught my eye with the rather loose attention I tend to pay attention to chat in town; because I'm normally tuneing this sort of thing (until it gets as bad as the murloc bit which becomes impossible to ignore anymore) out. Perhaps in the midst of trade chat scrolling constantly, auctioneer advanced putting 5 line messages on my screen as I checked prices (full scans of AH broaken on the version I have for 2.3, though might have since been fixed), and with every auction posted, I might have missed something.

But he'll neither no, nor accept any of this. Because if that happened, he has it so firmly rooted in mind "I know otherwise, because I recognize you"; that this is somehow held as some absolute standard of truth, for which anything to the contrary (while discounting both the limits of human knowledge and human perception) that might be said in an encounter people don't even known is going on, would be considered lies. But that's the thing in all this, there is no real way to know; but as things were left it is as if the expectation is "you have to" regardless of can or cannot under the circumstances...

So now with this, and other friends having realm transfered, gone to private services (a few are still left, but most are gone), one by one; it seems at times that the a**holes are the only people who ever have any form of staying power and stick around. But they're not the sorts which make it in the least bit fun. And the same goes for that person who kept /s and /yell their constant begging for money, then getting to me wouldn't take no for an answer; just like some spoiled little brat.

So not tellign them this, but rather to just go out and make some money (in some cases even having told some of these people how to make some); it can range from "you're such a meanie, I hate you You won't give me what I want, wah, wah, wah" to this one guy who keeps going on about how he can't do anything. And when I finally tell him that's because he's a lazy bum who refuses to get off his butt and do something", he's like "you don't talk to people like that. You're repoted to the GM".

And of course, whatever happened, Blizzard never contacted me. After the person kept demanding money through /s and /yell many dozens of times, telling the person they're being a lazy bum is probably one of the lest harsh things someone could have said, and probably what others would be thinking.

Hell this goes beyond just begging for money at times, and comes down to many people pretty much demanding everyone does everything for them, lives their life, takes charge of everything (hell a topic on this could go right into the political forum, as many leeches in society are just like this). And if someone does, instead of being grateful, they can walk around with a sense of entitlement, as if it's their due. And so yes, in general I don't tend to want to associate much with these sorts of people.

And yet in the midst of all of this; if Gilthanas should have come up as one among many, inadvertantly stepping into the role of one of these people; instead of recognizing that, I guess he assumes that my not jumping at the chance has to be personal, or about him; rather then it being I just don't want to be a doormat, putting up with this sort of thing I get from one such random person, after another. And yet no person in their right mind would put up with this stuff continually. But now I'm supposed to, so he might not take it the wrong way? I'm sorry, I can't; and that really is not personal, however it might be taken when someone won't just say "oh hey, it's me.
Old 12-19-07, 04:32 PM   #42
Dvahlish

You seem very cut up over the whole Gilthanas scenario....
Can you not contact him and let him know you made a mistake if it bothers you so much?
Kiss and make up?

I dunno...I never have been bothered by people wanting gold....
I can imagine it would be annoying...but I guess after the first time they asked, Id just put them on ignore.
Maybe its just on your server.
*shrug*
Old 12-19-07, 05:29 PM   #43
Son Goku

Impossible. He believes I hate him and want nothing to do with him, and so if around, outside times where he might come by unawares, perhaps trying havign tried to get back together? on some alt while having delted or whatever his main many months back... But what he doesn't get is, "it isn't that I suddenly decided I want nothing to do with you; I just simply never recognized you, and you appeared; and if you have come to me as such continue to appear to be someone else". If he'd just let me know it's him... I got a feeling that until he pieces it together, and can understand how he can be unrecognizeable over the Internet as such; such is how things will remain, with him believing he's doing what I want, regardless of whatever might be.

I don't know. That's a sh**y way to lose a friend, especially a good friend; while one isn't even supposed to know who they are speaking to/who dropped in their path, mistaken as someone entirely different. I tend to be careful about these sorts of things (and had been with him); telling them "oh hey, it's so and so". I change a phone number or whatever, call someone up, same deal. When I called my Tai Chi teacher, and several times getting no answer (didn't call back quite so soon after thinking perhaps she's busy, and the jr. of them is a lawyer by profession, so...); she answered and was like "hello! Who is this?"

I didn't take it personally or badly at all. Hell I had moved within the past few months. And to get DSL installed in the new place, before it was disconnected from the old, it meant getting phone service in the new place before I moved (the 10 day installation window). I just said "oh hey, it's so and so. Remember how I told you I was moving. I thought I gave you my new number already?" It was like "oh", and we chatted some.

But as to these beggers. I dunno... After having lost so much af my life and the life of my family has fallen apart, I really don't feel like having to be on call to the whims of ever lil lazy individual who simply doesn't want to do anything for themself. But instead acts like they're "royalty" or whatever, and everyone in this world is their personal servant. Do some of these people even know what's it's like to get hit up with some real hard times? Which isn't anything along the lines of "but I can't buy that sword if you don't give me 100 gold. You're such a meanie, and now I'll have to have a sucky weapon, all because of you".

Mind you, I'm in the processo of gearing some guys up, my now 70 rogue still needs his flying mount, so he can get kara attuned for another guild (actually my old one that's trying to organize kara runs), and my now 63 warrior can't afford his epic land mount just yet. But oh noes, it's like some figure every 70 must be rollign in dough, and everyone's reason to exist is to revolve around and cater to their every whim. Have all this happen, lose a good friend in such messed up circumstances as he believes I just don't like him anymore, throw in some of the realities of life in a much more difficult position then many of these people might even have a grasp of, and....

Hell, against this "I don't want to ever have to do anything for myself, it's your obligation to give me my every want" many of these beggers seem to project; is my father who after the stroke struggles to try to retain some ability at self reliance, against the back drop of what he can't do. Against this, is a guy who wants to stay where he is (though he can't take care of himself), and a mother who with her own medical problems, has decided to move down to NJ to live with my sister.

And yet him, not wanting to go, doesn't quite understand what the doctor is trying to tell him. He can't take care of himself, so if he doesn't go with her, someone is going to eventually contact the state, the authorities will intervene and forcibly remove him from the home, forcing him to live in a state run nursing home, with perhaps no one to visit him anymore. And yet with all of this, I'm supposed to care about some people who refuse to lift a finger to do anything for themself; thinking it the world's obligation to simply give and do it all for them. I'm just getting to care less and less, about what many times can be these sorts of "little princess games", and simply cow toeing to it, simply because some possibly spoiled individuals have come to expect it from all those around them.

It's beyond unfortunate that I mistoke Gilthanas for one of these people... But there it is. It's those types of gold diggers, that especially with all I've had to face in life over the past 1+ years that can really get to urg me. And the same goes for people like Paris Hilton, who can go around acting as if everyone is their play thing, and get in trouble with the law; coped a bought of "rich bi*** ites" as one comedian put it, to get herself released from jail. And having to go back, cried "but mommy, it's not fair". And to think, this is the sort of roll model many look up to, in essentially going around, and treating those around them in much the same way.
Old 01-15-08, 10:03 AM   #44
Son Goku

Ugh, the audacity of some people. Another one of these pests, who pulls the same kind of attitude many pan handlers in real life do.

I'm running between the AH and the mailbox, when this random lvl 30 tells me to rush them through Stocks. I'll say demand quite frankly, with what was about to happen. I told them that unless they're a good friend, such as Gilthanas, I'm not doing any rushes (meh, with him not even understanding the necessity to inform me who he is, and possibly taking anything that happens as personal and bad; what can I know, or even say anymore).

Mind you, it was noon time, I hadn't eaten since the night before, and I was hungry... I'm not about to go hungry, or whatever the hell else, for people I don't even know. And some expect this?

So the person goes beyond begging, and starts pulling an attitude, while constantly telling him "I need stocks, you run me now". I'm like, "I don't even know you, and tbh no one owes you a rush. You could always find a group and play it the way most of us have had to do".

So the person is like, 1 "I don't know who your friend is":

Well that's my point. We don't know each other, or anything about each other, so why should I have to drop everything, go hungry, and what not, because you demand people give you a rush like it's owed. Beyond being rude, I hadn't eaten, and I shouldn't have to go hungry just because some obnoxious individual wants something.

2. "You're 70, and 70s don't have anything to do"

Ahem? He's got no fricken clue. Beyond end game, instances, gearing up, getting the flying and epic mounts; there's also this thing called a life. Stupid idiot acts like everyone has nothing to do, except serve him, like some kind of a slave.

3. So you can jolly well give me whatever I want

Umm, how exactly is this supposed to work? He wants, figures no one has anything to do in this world, so they must meet his demands. I'm sick of this kind of an attitude, or this sort of crap in general. It's the same nonsense one gets from beggers in real life, except that those, one has to deal with face to face. And here in Albuquerque, I have; especially when I lived on campus, and just accross the street they tended to congregate seeing nothing other then "I want, I need" whatever, tell them no and some became absolutely belligerent and hostile.

And some didn't even speak. Hell one of the apartments on campus I lived in, got routinely robbed. I had a stereo stolen from me, others who lived there previous I was to find out had game systems stolen. Only reason my TV wasn't taken also, is the 32" is so heavy, the thief probably couldn't even pick it up. A roomate had bedspreads stolen outa the laundry room, and we had a bitter argument going on for months as people's food kept disappearing, and dirty dishes were left in the kitchen sink. All the apartment mates kept accusing each other, and accusations kept flying about "whoever is using my dishes, and not cleaning up after themself; I'm sick of having to clean up your mess as you take my food".

This ended one day, when at 5 am, one of the roomates came out (I was then at a friend's house), and saw a native American person he didn't know sitting at our dinning room table, eating our food. He didn't know the person, and asking each of us, no one did. The moment this one roomate walked out and turned on the light, the stranger sitting at our table, eating the food up, turned and bolted for the door without a word.

After it became obvious that it was an intruder eating all our food, and leaving dirty dishes in the sink, the semester was near over; and when someone moved back, who was there prior to the summer semester, he told us they had a major problem with intruders, for years. All in all, they had 2 TV sets, 5 game systems, and had a list of stuff stolen.

We went to the university, and they denied anyone could break in, giving some BS line of "see this key is thicker then most? It's made for us specifically from seargent. It's impossible someone could have duplicated this key". They refused to replace the locks, or anything. One of the roomates worked at Homebase, and one of his jobs is making keys. He said, that was total bullsh**, the key is simply industrial streangth, and he could get the blank and duplicate the key himself.

Umm, yeah, I know about these sorts of people. Same, as the people who line up outside financial aid office, and demand money from students when their loan checks come in to pay for their tuition, books, dorm expenses, and what not. Meh... That's only the surface of it; and for people like this, I'm more then familiar with such pan handlers, where I've had to deal with them face to face, and the same belligerence, except there's no relogging or whatever to get away from them here in the city.

4. You're such a spoiled brat, blah, blah, blah... All you 70s have everything, and you don't want to give to me. I stopped reading in the midst of this; I'd heard enough...

Umm, who's spoiled?

Thing is, I don't mind doing things for friends. At times (OK, I dropped my schedule much of the time for Gilthanas, but he was sort of an exception, one has to be a really good friend for me to do this); I'll help people who can really need it and are appreciative, vs. people who cop such an attitude. But why should I go out of my way, for some ungreatful individual who feels everyone owes them, while assuming "no one else ever has anything to do with their own time". Of course I'm more willing to go hungry or whatever for a friend, especially if it'd be a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, then someone I don't know. Especially if that someone acts as if it's "their due" from the entire world and everyone in it.

Same goes for that idiot on Judge Judy, who transfered money from her credit cards, onto an ex-friend's joint card, while giving him all her debts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxMYO9IB9o

Fricken ridiculous....