Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-07, 10:53 AM   #1
Phyre
Registered User
 
Phyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 323
Default WoW Rogues and DPS!

If you have a raiding rogue, post some of your butt-kicking dps screens!

This is from our latest Magtheridon kill without flasks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mags006.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	25558

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 11:00 AM   #2
McTurok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Grats on being one of those that got to dps for that fight.
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 01:45 PM   #3
Phyre
Registered User
 
Phyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 323
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

I'm on Earthen Ring.

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 04:36 PM   #4
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

raiding is meh, been there done that : /

I do PVP only on my rogue, Armory here

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...r=Lethon&n=Liq

nailed this warrior for about 5500(double MUT crit with max envenom crit) in EoTS awhile back. Got an SS of a 4k+ ambush crit in WSG from a couple months ago(different spec). i did have beserker buff but man it was nice heh.
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 11:49 PM   #5
lostlilchild66
SWG-addict
 
lostlilchild66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to lostlilchild66
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=es2txa53ss5pc


<--- Vulcan


My armory link: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...aeden&n=Vulcan
__________________

My Lame PC

| Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz (450x8) | Asus Rampage Formula | 8096mb G. Skill DDR-1066 | 2 x 74GB WD Raptor - RAID 0 | eVGA Geforce GTX280 | Tagan Turbojet 1100w (U96) | SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro (64mb) | Lian-Li PC75B | Vista Ultimate x64 |
lostlilchild66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:13 AM   #6
Phyre
Registered User
 
Phyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 323
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Good stuff there, Vulcan. I wish we could have the drops you guys have. We're constantly getting caster stuff. Karathress has yet to drop the chestpiece, Tidewalker won't drop the sword, and Leo abstains from dropping the Tsunami Talisman.

I'll probably be switching to swords soon since they're better dps these days. That's going to be hard to do since I've always been daggers at heart.

Here's an updated armory as well. DPS has improved from the last posting of course.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...&n=Barleystout

Barley
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 03:43 PM   #7
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

how is swords better?
Using a combat dagger build now for Karazhan.
Doing nice damage during raid, swords isnt a option atm sicne I dont have any good ones hehe.
But please do explain why they are better, and by how much.
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 04:06 PM   #8
Yojack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 28
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Yes, THAT Yojack =) http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...tmane&n=Yojack






Yojack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-07, 10:23 PM   #9
anxdiety
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 116
Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Damn I haven't posted on these forums in a dogs age. But I'll try to snag some screenies from some raids this week. I usually top our damage meters in our guild. Minus a few fights of course.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Anxty

PS its fun being the only rogue in a raid. Stack your group for mad dps with an Enh shammy, Fury Warrior, Feral Druid and a Dreani BM hunter. We just downed Vashj last week for the first time. Dirtiest kill that could have been possible. 2 pallies, and myself left with 1% watching Curse of Doom tick standing in the enrage pool of death with Cloak of Shadows ticking down as she dies.

Added recent Vashj kill Dps meter. This was before I got my helm (4/5 t5 and Belt).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vashj.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	27103  
__________________
And all those voices in my head have every right to be there.

Last edited by anxdiety; 08-06-07 at 05:39 PM.
anxdiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 01:39 PM   #10
Son Goku
Registered User
 
Son Goku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 439 East District, Mount Paozu
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxdiety
Damn I haven't posted on these forums in a dogs age. But I'll try to snag some screenies from some raids this week. I usually top our damage meters in our guild. Minus a few fights of course.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Anxty

PS its fun being the only rogue in a raid. Stack your group for mad dps with an Enh shammy, Fury Warrior, Feral Druid and a Dreani BM hunter. We just downed Vashj last week for the first time. Dirtiest kill that could have been possible. 2 pallies, and myself left with 1% watching Curse of Doom tick standing in the enrage pool of death with Cloak of Shadows ticking down as she dies.

Added recent Vashj kill Dps meter. This was before I got my helm (4/5 t5 and Belt).
Yeah, but when you get 2 rogues in a party, things can get interesting. Haven't raided with one, as my main is a hunter, but have been partied before. After about 1 or 2 kills, I'm like "oh, I guess we're both going to try to eviscerate at the end" It was one of those things, working it out so we could both get the finishing move in at the end
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 01:54 PM   #11
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Yeah, but when you get 2 rogues in a party, things can get interesting. Haven't raided with one, as my main is a hunter, but have been partied before. After about 1 or 2 kills, I'm like "oh, I guess we're both going to try to eviscerate at the end" It was one of those things, working it out so we could both get the finishing move in at the end
I ran Mana Tombs on my druid lastnight. I tanked the whole thing with 2 rogues and a hunter as dps. I topped the meters and noticed I got a lot of killing blows. I guess they were competing too hard for eviscerates.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 02:03 PM   #12
nVJoe
Registered User
 
nVJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
raiding is meh, been there done that : /

I do PVP only on my rogue, Armory here

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...r=Lethon&n=Liq

nailed this warrior for about 5500(double MUT crit with max envenom crit) in EoTS awhile back. Got an SS of a 4k+ ambush crit in WSG from a couple months ago(different spec). i did have beserker buff but man it was nice heh.
NO WAY YOU KILLED A WARRIOR!? Screen shot or it didn't happen.

I'm just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre
Good stuff there, Vulcan. I wish we could have the drops you guys have. We're constantly getting caster stuff. Karathress has yet to drop the chestpiece, Tidewalker won't drop the sword, and Leo abstains from dropping the Tsunami Talisman.

I'll probably be switching to swords soon since they're better dps these days. That's going to be hard to do since I've always been daggers at heart.

Here's an updated armory as well. DPS has improved from the last posting of course.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...&n=Barleystout

Barley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
how is swords better?
Using a combat dagger build now for Karazhan.
Doing nice damage during raid, swords isnt a option atm sicne I dont have any good ones hehe.
But please do explain why they are better, and by how much.
For raiding, swords are better because you don't have DPS spikes and draw less aggro. You put out high but even damage. Rogues like mages are so impressed with their DPS that they don't hold back.

Go daggers to get Cold Blood and Prep. That is the traditional rogue PVP spec.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.