Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-14-07, 02:58 PM   #37
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: 60GB PS3 Discontinued??

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Seriously I can't even cover for this move... its ****ing stupid. Im sure they will just give another "price cut" when the 60gb run out by just removing motorstorm from the pack and selling the 80gb for $499.
Oh cmon, this is sony being..... well, Sony. There's not gonna be another price cut
Old 07-14-07, 04:04 PM   #38
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Oh cmon, this is sony being..... well, Sony. There's not gonna be another price cut
Well it wont be a price cut more like the 80gb being adjusted to what the 60gb is now once the 60gb is sold out.
Old 07-15-07, 05:14 PM   #39
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Well it wont be a price cut more like the 80gb being adjusted to what the 60gb is now once the 60gb is sold out.
But doesn't this strike you at all as a completely irresponsible move on Sony's part? This constant SKU changes with the console being out for less than a year shows how badly Sony planned the PS3. It almost makes it seem that they only launched with 2 SKUs to rip-off Microsoft without thinking about it first.
Old 07-15-07, 05:39 PM   #40
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
But doesn't this strike you at all as a completely irresponsible move on Sony's part? This constant SKU changes with the console being out for less than a year shows how badly Sony planned the PS3. It almost makes it seem that they only launched with 2 SKUs to rip-off Microsoft without thinking about it first.
It just shows to me that they want to sell units but they don't know how to do it. They need big games NOW, not in Nov... Sony needs to get on with the ads again and push the system hard.

I think they should include a game with the 60Gb to add to its value... come Nov drop the price to $450 or $399 if they can.