Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-07-07, 12:34 AM   #1
Ninja Prime

Default Anyone played a good MMO, recently?

I mean, really good? It seems all the usual mmo's have been crap lately, or have got old and boring. I used to play WoW, had a warlock at the top of the end game, decked out, but it just became a chore to play, since the only things left at that point were long, pain in the ass raids, and a pvp treadmill.

I tried EQ2, that game seems like it was designed to be a timesink treadmill, I can't hardly stand it.

Horizons showed promise but then some morons got ahold of it and ruined it.

Vanguard suffered the same fate, looks like its going down.

Dark and Light looked good, then crash and burn.

Age of Conan is showing promise, but the vids I saw today make the combat looks kinda weak, and it looks choppy and buggy. I guess its still beta so we'll see.

Hero's Journey looks kind interesting, though the developer isn't super loaded and it isn't being promoted a lot so it might end up in the crapper as well.

Is there any MMO out now or coming out this year that anyone is really looking forward to, or really likes? Seems like its all the same crap at the moment...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-07, 12:45 AM   #2
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: Anyone played a good MMO, recently?

Warhammer.
Old 07-07-07, 07:40 AM   #3
|MaguS|

Gods and Heroes looks good, and then theres Warhammer...
Old 07-07-07, 08:21 PM   #4
Sgt_Pitt

conan, tabula rasa and gods and heroes are my big 3
Old 07-08-07, 10:13 AM   #5
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I've been thinking about
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar
wasn't really interested in it since its so much like WoW(which is dead and done for me) but reviews have been great.....I read that the best part of the game is leveling because its so written and fleshed out. I might just pick it up for something to play until fall when the "AAA" titles start to hit...LotR: SoA can't be worse than the crap that's out .....Lost Planet is junk, DiRT corruppted my saves after MANY hours of play , Halo2 is laughable and CoJ ....will Techland ever learn how to make a game???
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 10:18 AM   #6
|MaguS|

I've been Beta testing Sword of the New World, its a nice twist of a MMO since you play 3 characters at once. Sorta feels like a normal console RPG...
Old 07-08-07, 05:49 PM   #7
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
I've been thinking about
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar
wasn't really interested in it since its so much like WoW(which is dead and done for me) but reviews have been great.....I read that the best part of the game is leveling because its so written and fleshed out. I might just pick it up for something to play until fall when the "AAA" titles start to hit...LotR: SoA can't be worse than the crap that's out .....Lost Planet is junk, DiRT corruppted my saves after MANY hours of play , Halo2 is laughable and CoJ ....will Techland ever learn how to make a game???
Yeah I've got LOTR:O on my shelf right now unopened, guess I should at least try it, but the more I read about it, it seems like a less polished WoW clone.

Sword of the New World looks nice, but I kinda play CRPG's to get away from/have something different than console rpgs, kinda seems like that would clash.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 05:56 PM   #8
Hambone

OMG I had to laugh. From this thread I get:
"The only good MMORPG is the one *about* to be released".

I actually paid for Vanguard (smuck), that's the last time I fall for hype.

And EQ2 a timesink treadmill? That's the core foundation of all MMORPG's. Give me a break!
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-07, 10:20 PM   #9
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

I have been trying out some scifi based mmos this weekend. Eve Online is not my thing, Matrix Online doesnt have enough ppl around and looks dead. SWG, according to the forums has improved a lot but I am still downloading the trial, it says 36 hours to download all the files. I am really hoping I will like SWG, I just love that setting.
Old 07-09-07, 05:35 AM   #10
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime
Yeah I've got LOTR:O on my shelf right now unopened, guess I should at least try it, but the more I read about it, it seems like a less polished WoW clone.
yea...after this thread I went to GS, looked over the box for about 20mins got it up the register and just as I was about to pay...then changed my mind... something clicked it would be "less" of the same, new game world or not.....I saved my money
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 05:44 AM   #11
Badboy_12345

Lotro is the best mmorpg out right now. Its really nicely done
I play it almost every day. Most quests are group quests so you almost always play with others which makes it all fun to play.

I am also looking at God and heroes see how that one turns out
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 06:50 AM   #12
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

is LOTR just like D&D online just with different story?

Tabula Rising looks interesting, might be the first MMO for me