Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-07, 03:12 PM   #1
verdomde

Default Ubuntu freezing when nvidia drivers installed

Hi there, im suffering from random hard freezes of my ubuntu feisty installation. These occur only when i change from the nv drivers to the nvidia drivers, regardless of wether i have composite enabled or disabled (although with it enabled and running 3d apps it occurs a lot quicker). I have an acer aspire 9300 with an nvidia geforce go 7300. Help me! I dont really like using windows...

My nvid log file is here-in 2 parts cos it wont allow me to upload the file as one, bludy idiocy!

If i need to put in anything else please tell me! Ive installed th drivers through various methods, including envy,and ive tried older drivers. i always get the same problem, perhaps cos i have the system installed on an extended partition, i dunno, im new to all this p
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report1.log (83.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report2.log (86.6 KB, 85 views)
verdomde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 06:35 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Ubuntu freezing when nvidia drivers installed

According to your bug report, X is working fine. Was this bug report generated while the problem was present?

Also, have you verified that you're using the latest motherboard BIOS?
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 05:36 AM   #3
verdomde

hi there, i generated the report after re-booting from a crash, during the freeze i can only shut down with the power key(hardware reset). I have recently (like 3days ago)updated the bios, and i still get the freezes. I have also tried all the modifications in the stability problems sticky. You think its got anything to do with the multiple partitions on my hard disk, ive vista installed too.
Old 08-13-07, 03:08 AM   #4
verdomde

I just uninstalled vista and devoted my whole disk to ubuntu, still crashes, so not a partition thing, i notice that windows is running a screen refresh rate of 67 and linux runs 50, could that cause a problem, also, how do i tell if my linux install is 32 or 64bit?thanks