Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-07, 04:04 PM   #85
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: IT'S THE SONY PLAY STATION 3 FOR ME FROM NOW ON....

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
You said that everyone who uses drugs is a loser.
As you told me: Get over it. That's my stand and you can't change it.

Quote:
It's their choice to use them, yet you flame them. I don't recall their using drugs having any sort of bearing on your life or being attack on you in anyway either. Many of them offer reasons for using them and you attack those reasons just as you're whining we're attacking his choice to buy a PS3 after selling off his 360.
My personal life and my dealings with people that have used drugs is not the topic here, so I won't even go into that. And for you to be bringing up a thread that is over a week old, only show one person (in this thread) that is whinning.

Quote:
You have an opinion and often feel the need to vocally unleash it while rendering all other opinions invalid. How is that any different here? Either crusade like you are and follow what you're preaching, or stop preaching and go on about your business as everyone else here does.
You are way out of line, klye. You bark at me for making a comment about how some in this thread have jumped on Digital for his choice, and you lash out at me for doing so? That's hilarious. Again, you are way out of line.
Old 07-18-07, 04:07 PM   #86
MaUiLoCaL

Talking Re: IT'S THE SONY PLAY STATION 3 FOR ME FROM NOW ON....

Old 07-18-07, 04:08 PM   #87
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Carl Sagan & Planetary Society say SEGA Saturn is crap as they begin design-work on
TeH Ce|L with its "Billions and Billions and Billions" of calculations per second.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarlSagan.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	26837  

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Old 07-18-07, 04:09 PM   #88
Moo
*BANNNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
I even went all out and got a Monstercable M-Series Gold plated HDMI cable which is sleeved all black which color matches everything perfectly.
n00b
Old 07-18-07, 04:09 PM   #89
nVJoe

Quote:
You said that everyone who uses drugs is a loser.

It's their choice to use them, yet you flame them. I don't recall their using drugs having any sort of bearing on your life or being attack on you in anyway either. Many of them offer reasons for using them and you attack those reasons just as you're whining we're attacking his choice to buy a PS3 after selling off his 360.

You have an opinion and often feel the need to vocally unleash it while rendering all other opinions invalid. How is that any different here? Either crusade like you are and follow what you're preaching, or stop preaching and go on about your business as everyone else here does.

OPBIU)(UFM )(*_SE)FU)SUFSPEFJOIWKTMwepofje[m0t98q0 kg,a[sug9q54ytkq;3tgqe5tg$#G4590guerbjpe

And that is just on Tuesday! Don't make me go to Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Bill Gates is now the second richest man in the world!
Honestly, when you get that rich, does it really matter? LOL
Old 07-18-07, 04:12 PM   #90
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
BTW, the fact that you spent more than $10 on an HDMI cable shows you have a very low understanding of High Definition equipment.
I have a sincere question for you. I am not a videophile or even a pedophile.

I cannot tell a big difference between component and HDMI. I guess my eye is not as keen as most. That being said, explain to me in simple terms why HDMI is not as good as component.

I have no point to make. I am just looking for a bit for a bit of education on this subject.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-07, 04:18 PM   #91
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe

I cannot tell a big difference between component and HDMI. I guess my eye is not as keen as most. That being said, explain to me in simple terms why HDMI is not as good as component.

I have no point to make. I am just looking for a bit for a bit of education on this subject.

Thanks.
PQ they will be equal provided the equipment is using equal interface quality. Never spend more than $10 on an HDMI cable unless it is 50' long or something.

From an enthusiasts perspective, HDMI is the dumbest piece of **** connection ever invented. The proper way to connect your gear is video DIRECTLY TO THE DISPLAY, and audio DIRECTLY TO THE PRE/PRO. HDMI makes this impossible. It offers absolutely *zero* benefit. It has done nothing more than confuse the consumer with nonsense like 1.1, 1.2, 1.2a, 1.3 and endless versions as well as being completely nonoperational in some cases causing conflicts between gear with exactly the same version.

HDMI is a joke. You've got newbs blabbing about waiting for "1.3 to futureproof" when it will be outdated next year as well." Great, give consumers version numbers of an interface specification as a bullet point.
Old 07-18-07, 04:25 PM   #92
MikeC
Administrator

My sons have the XBox360 and a PS3. They have not fought once over them since they came home for the summer. Now if SteveC and DaveC can go all summer not fighting you guys in here can do the same.

Old 07-18-07, 04:30 PM   #93
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
My sons have the XBox360 and a PS3. They have not fought once over them since they came home for the summer. Now if SteveC and DaveC can go all summer not fighting you guys in here can do the same.
They are not fighting because they know you will ban them from the house.
Old 07-18-07, 04:31 PM   #94
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe

Thanks.
AV-Philes are crazy folks that will gladly fork over thousands of dollars for equipment to ensure they hear/see it "just right". Personally if I forked over thousands of dollars on something I believe my perceptions of its performance might be greatly embellished, a placebo affect if you will. And the very fact that AV-Philes are split about 10 million ways in regards to various equipment tells me that equipment preferences are highly subjective and that truly quantitative benchmark results like the ones we see for games, computer equipment (apart from sound cards) don't really exist.

Honestly if my grandma said that her Standard TV looked just as good as my HDTV, I can't really argue against her, it's an opinion, all that I can do is say whatever Grandma, or hey Grandma why don't you get some new glasses! Gah! Blind ole Hag!

(j/k I love my grandmother very much)

Don't sweat the details, if Phile1 wants to spend $600 on a cable that you can buy @ Best Buy for $10 and see no huge difference, meh, to each "their" own.

Poice!

PS - The Berenstain Bears want to sell you their Dreamcast.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Old 07-18-07, 04:33 PM   #95
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
From an enthusiasts perspective, HDMI is the dumbest piece of **** connection ever invented. The proper way to connect your gear is video DIRECTLY TO THE DISPLAY, and audio DIRECTLY TO THE PRE/PRO. HDMI makes this impossible. It offers absolutely *zero* benefit. It has done nothing more than confuse the consumer with nonsense like 1.1, 1.2, 1.2a, 1.3 and endless versions as well as being completely nonoperational in some cases causing conflicts between gear with exactly the same version.
Agreed on the whole connection thing. First thing I did when I got my 360 Elite turned on was mute my TV, on the other hand the 360 Elite has a dongle with Optical out & RCA's, so I can still connect it as I wanted.

And I cannot wait for the new Samsung 81 (LED Backlight w00t) series (sorry for going off-topic, despite the topic already being so extremely off-topic it's not even worthy of being call off-topic. It just is.)

Storage 2.0
Old 07-18-07, 04:34 PM   #96
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

next round, pot and kettle debate what shade of black they are!
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Closed Thread