Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-07, 07:21 AM   #73
ynnek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,364
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

New patch coming soon. Our BDA mappers and modders have made tons of awesome maps for GRAW1, and I can't wait to see what they do for GRAW2.


http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/7641022185

Quote:
Hello everyone. I am excited to release the information about the patch being released on Monday. I don't have an exact link or time but I know you'll be happy its coming. Veryhappy

List of fixes
- Fixed some firewall server browsing issues.
- Fixed server sorting to sort on number of players instead of max.
- Fixed save crash on Ageia Island when running Extreme Physics mode.
- Fixed missing Rate of Fire sound on the HK21.
- Enabled all Map Editor functions.
- Added tutorials to \public-tools\tutorials\ (Only available in English)
- Added various modding tools to \public-tools\
- hud_visibility.xml added to settings folder, which enables advanced users to select transparency of hud elements.
- hud_palett_2.xml added to settings folder, enables advanced users to change the colors of the hud and menus.
- Fixed some issues with weapon mod equipping / removing.
- Fixed some faulty server settings.
- Fixed some collision issues on multiplayer maps.
- Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.
- Ghost speech properly disabled if you uncheck Voice Quotes in options
- Additional fixes to the Serverlisting.
- Fixed the bug when you tried to add favorites on a newly created profile.
- Adds bundle support for custom maps (like in GRAW1).
- Adds bundle support for mod (1 actived before game start).
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 12:55 PM   #74
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Sweet. Map editor and modding is great news.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 02:03 PM   #75
Jonelo
Registered User
 
Jonelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,204
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

The single player need one good mod or tweak for the IA , like in some mods for GRAW 1
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 03:02 PM   #76
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
The single player need one good mod or tweak for the IA , like in some mods for GRAW 1
Would love to see some GRAW1 SP maps converted to GRAW2.

AI could be tweaked maybe but I mostly want more enemies and have them spawn from behind and sides.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 04:33 AM   #77
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

what do you know, another review that agrees with me

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23424.html

to quote:

"while the console version of graw 2 looks stunning, the pc version definitely falls short"

"hohum visuals"

"it falls well short of the excellence of the console iteration"

the 3 biggest game portals on the web(gamespy, ign, gamespot) agree that graw 2 pc is naaaaaah, and now gametrailers backs it up. but im sure they are just console fanboys too right?
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 04:55 AM   #78
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

reviews would disagree, unless u mean the 360 version, in which case reviews would agree
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 05:12 AM   #79
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

graw 2 on pc is hohum and all the reviews agree. graw 2 on 360 is spectacular and all the reviews agree.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Publisher: Ubisoft
Number of P/Reviews: 63 PC 75.1%
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Publisher: Ubisoft
Number of P/Reviews: 129 Xbox 360 86.5%
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 07:56 AM   #80
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
im a veteran pc tactical shooter.

rainbow six 1 was the original best tactical shooter along with ghost recon 1.
you can't call a game a tactical shooter if it uses a console controller. PERIOD.

GRAW2 PC (current best tactical shooter on the planet)
GRAW1 PC (breakthrough in graphics for tactical shooters, next level in physics & sound)
ARMED ASSAULT (updated version of flashpoint graphics wise)
FLASHPOINT (ahead of its time... a true combat sim, huge playing field, planes, tanks, bicycles... etc.)
GHOST RECON 1 (gave us open areas and big maps, prone position introduced)
RAINBOW 6 III (new engine same good old features)
RAINBOW 6 II (gave us new features like the peeking left and right, became my personal benchmark for tactical shooters)
RAINBOW 6 (the birth of tactical shooters)

FTW!

honorable mention: STALKER its more of an rpg but the tactical realism is unmatched, physics trajectory on bullets... wow, its environment unmatched also, day and night cycles, weather ...etc)


btw...

R6 VEGAS PC (3rd person view?)
CS (jumping while sniping?)
CSS (source engine good, cs bad)

CRAP!




...i can't wait for FLASHPOINT 2!!!!!!
Hey, you forgot about SWAT4; which is a great game and way underated by most.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-07, 08:39 AM   #81
JohnDio
Registered User
 
JohnDio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
graw 2 on pc is hohum and all the reviews agree. graw 2 on 360 is spectacular and all the reviews agree.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Publisher: Ubisoft
Number of P/Reviews: 63 PC 75.1%
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Publisher: Ubisoft
Number of P/Reviews: 129 Xbox 360 86.5%
You are really funny. Did you even heard that it's one of the best tactical games? Every review stated it (yeah all those you mentioned did,as well as Gametrailers). So stay with your arcade action 3rd person version,GR is supposed to be tactical and that's the way we want it. True tactical which is the PC version of it

PS: And let me remind you the last thing that Gametrailers said "GRAW2 ends up being another SOLID INSTALLMENT. With the PC the standards of shooters are certainly higher" . Do you get it? Higher standards than the consoles games!!! I rest my case
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 09:28 AM   #82
Eliminator
The Man With Brisk
 
Eliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,673
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
im a veteran pc tactical shooter.

rainbow six 1 was the original best tactical shooter along with ghost recon 1.
you can't call a game a tactical shooter if it uses a console controller. PERIOD.

GRAW2 PC (current best tactical shooter on the planet)
GRAW1 PC (breakthrough in graphics for tactical shooters, next level in physics & sound)
ARMED ASSAULT (updated version of flashpoint graphics wise)
FLASHPOINT (ahead of its time... a true combat sim, huge playing field, planes, tanks, bicycles... etc.)
GHOST RECON 1 (gave us open areas and big maps, prone position introduced)
RAINBOW 6 III (new engine same good old features)
RAINBOW 6 II (gave us new features like the peeking left and right, became my personal benchmark for tactical shooters)
RAINBOW 6 (the birth of tactical shooters)

FTW!

honorable mention: STALKER its more of an rpg but the tactical realism is unmatched, physics trajectory on bullets... wow, its environment unmatched also, day and night cycles, weather ...etc)


btw...

R6 VEGAS PC (3rd person view?)
CS (jumping while sniping?)
CSS (source engine good, cs bad)

CRAP!




...i can't wait for FLASHPOINT 2!!!!!!
R6 vegas is not 3rd person... how about you actually go play the game before bashing it?
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHZ
Asus P5B Deluxe
4GB OCZ Platinum PC8000 EL
BFG GTX 280 OC2 1GB @ 729/1512/2538
Dell 2405FPW 24"
3DMark: Vantage - P15397 | 06 - 18734
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 11:55 AM   #83
Blade
It's just a ride....
 
Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Your Sisters Bed
Posts: 903
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator
R6 vegas is not 3rd person... how about you actually go play the game before bashing it?

Well i play it a lot & it DOES have 3rd person view, what game have u been playin?

The best tactical shooter to date is Graw2 (imho).
__________________
____________________________
Sigs Are For Heros!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 12:23 PM   #84
breathemetal
*BANNED*
 
breathemetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I wish it wasnt the USA
Posts: 4,447
Send a message via AIM to breathemetal
Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

I'm stuck
You know that mission where you are on the bridge, and you gave 2 choppers you gotta shoot down?

Well. I shoot one down with my ZEUS, but...I CANT SHOOT THE OTHER ONE DOWN!

I have my whole team with heavy guns, and we're all blasting that damn thing! It wont BLOW UP!
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Max Payne 3 Feedback Thread Ghosthunter Gaming Central 94 10-05-12 06:00 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 09:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.