Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-11-07, 12:26 PM   #85
Blade
It's just a ride....

Default Re: GRAW 2 (PC) - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathemetal
I'm stuck
You know that mission where you are on the bridge, and you gave 2 choppers you gotta shoot down?

Well. I shoot one down with my ZEUS, but...I CANT SHOOT THE OTHER ONE DOWN!

I have my whole team with heavy guns, and we're all blasting that damn thing! It wont BLOW UP!
Get one of your Team Members to carry a ZEUS, they take 1 chopper down, u take the other.
Old 08-11-07, 03:58 PM   #86
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle

I've played all of them.
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 265GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 04:09 PM   #87
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

I remember my old N64 days with Rainbow Six
Now THAT was a sweet console
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 01:20 PM   #88
JohnDio

3.7. Release notes

****Patch v1.03 ****

- Fixed some firewall server browsing issues.
- Fixed server sorting to sort on number of players instead of max.
- Fixed save crash on Ageia Island when running Extreme Physics mode.
- Fixed missing Rate of Fire sound on the HK21.
- Enabled all Map Editor functions.
- Added tutorials to \public-tools\tutorials\ (Only available in English)
- Added various modding tools to \public-tools\
- hud_visibility.xml added to settings folder, which enables advanced
users to select transparency of hud elements.
- hud_palett_2.xml added to settings folder, enables advanced users to
change the colors of the hud and menus.
- Fixed some issues with weapon mod equipping / removing.
- Fixed some faulty server settings.
- Fixed some collision issues on multiplayer maps.
- Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.
- Ghost speech properly disabled if you uncheck Voice Quotes in options
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 10:12 AM   #89
Destroy

Anyone know how to get into the Map Editor?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 09:40 PM   #90
ynnek

i haven't done it,but copy and pasting from our bda board...

You will find it in your PROGRAM FILES/ UBISOFT/ GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER folders
Just double click on the map editor icon.

The map editor is a batch file, not an executive.
If you go to \YOUR GRAW2 FOLDER\public_tools\tutorials you'll find a tutorial file called "GRAW2_Editor.pdf" which will tell you everything you need to know.
Making maps in GRAW2 is a lot more advanced than it was in GRAW1. In the GRAW1 editor you just placed everything where you wanted it, told the editor to render and "hey, presto!" you had a map, including the minimap.
Now you place everything, tell the editor to render the lightmaps and silhouettes, place markers for the map boundaries, tell it to render the minimap, place a marker for the cubemap*, tell it to render the cubemap, leave the editor and place the cubemap pictures in the right order in a single file instead of 6 different ones, then you have to bundle the whole thing yourself outside of the editor. Sure, it gives us more freedom, but it will also be a turn-off for the guys who aren't very technical, but still have good ideas.

Did I mention that you're stuck with the terrain from the SP missions, if you don't know how to use 3DSMax? We don't have any roads or dirt like there were in the GRAW1 editor either. Well, I haven't found them yet, that's for sure.

*The Cubemap is a series of 6 images taken from a central point on the map to create reflections on objects like windows and gun-scopes.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 08:28 AM   #91
Destroy

Thanks for the info. I installed the patch and expected some new Start Menu shortcuts or text files of some sort but saw none.

Gonna have to play with this and see if I'm able enough to add about 2x the amount of enemies and make them spawn at random times while inching forward to make one REALLY have to be tactical and cover themselves well.

Current GRAW2 is too easy IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
i haven't done it,but copy and pasting from our bda board...

You will find it in your PROGRAM FILES/ UBISOFT/ GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER folders
Just double click on the map editor icon.

The map editor is a batch file, not an executive.
If you go to \YOUR GRAW2 FOLDER\public_tools\tutorials you'll find a tutorial file called "GRAW2_Editor.pdf" which will tell you everything you need to know.
Making maps in GRAW2 is a lot more advanced than it was in GRAW1. In the GRAW1 editor you just placed everything where you wanted it, told the editor to render and "hey, presto!" you had a map, including the minimap.
Now you place everything, tell the editor to render the lightmaps and silhouettes, place markers for the map boundaries, tell it to render the minimap, place a marker for the cubemap*, tell it to render the cubemap, leave the editor and place the cubemap pictures in the right order in a single file instead of 6 different ones, then you have to bundle the whole thing yourself outside of the editor. Sure, it gives us more freedom, but it will also be a turn-off for the guys who aren't very technical, but still have good ideas.

Did I mention that you're stuck with the terrain from the SP missions, if you don't know how to use 3DSMax? We don't have any roads or dirt like there were in the GRAW1 editor either. Well, I haven't found them yet, that's for sure.

*The Cubemap is a series of 6 images taken from a central point on the map to create reflections on objects like windows and gun-scopes.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 05:11 PM   #92
Mangler
DRM is your friend

For those that care, the "bioshock" driver seems to fix the shadowbug in this game, so you have a reason to upgrade even if you dont care about bioshock
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-07, 12:19 AM   #93
Retrolock

The patch 1.03 still didn't fix my game crashing. this sucks.
Old 08-21-07, 08:16 PM   #94
ynnek

its probably your OC. GRAW seems to be pretty CPU intensive/sensitive.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-07, 09:47 PM   #95
Jonelo

Agent Smith's Effects Mod Beta testing open

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/ind...ic=44994&st=45

Quote:
Agent Smith's Effects Mod: Take Two v1.1 BETA PhysX

For: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

///////////////////////////////////////////////

PARENTAL NOTICE: This effects mod has included blood that does not reflect upon the rating made on the game by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board)/ or PEGI (Pan European Game Information), and it is bloodier than the standard stock product.
The blood amount is equivalent to a Mature (M)/ PEGI 18+ rated game.

NOTICE: You MUST have Effects quality on HIGH in order for this mod to work.

NOTICE 2: Note, by installing this mod, you agree that you are installing this mod at your OWN RISK. If your PC stops normal function in anyway, in any form, that it is not caused by me. You agree to install this mod at your own risk.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Version 1.1 fixes
---------------------------------
- PhysX has now been truly enabled. (See below how to enable it)

- Shadow rendering errors have been fixed.

- You can now hit team-mates at point-blank range.

- Damage intake from enemy weapons. A file accidently multiplied the damage you took. It's easier now.

Version 1.1 additions
- All of the single player maps now have Ageia objects in them. What this is, is that there are now PhysX items in the game without having to be in
Ageia Island. For example, there are palm trees that can now be shot down. These single player maps can be played with any of the map names with
"AG" in the front of the map name.

- Ghost A.I. is now more aggressive, more aware of their environment, and their voice overs have been changed.

- Weapon muzzle climb is now severely reduced. This reflects upon the fact that Mitchell is a heavily trained soldier and knows his weapons.

- Ageia objects can now KILL. If a tree collapses on a soldier, it WILL kill him.

- Ageia Island has been UNLOCKED. Rejoice non-PhysX owners!

- The M32 semi-auto grenade launcher is now accessible in the beginning of the game.

Known issues
- Low FPS at the mission briefing screen. This is because of the new Ageia objects in the map. It only lasts for a few seconds.

- Due to the newly written splattering code from scratch, there are numerous surfaces that spawn the same impact decal and have no particles that spew out when fired.
This is a trade off for blood, as it is required to have the blood to appear. In the Ultra-Gore version, this applies to every surface.
(ULTRA GORE NOT INCLUDED IN THE 1.1 BETA)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Take Two Edition Additions
- Ragdolls are now the main source of blood. There are surfaces specifically programmed to allow blood to splatter on them, and they are the only
places where blood is found. In the Ultra Gore version, EVERY surface can have blood on it.

- Ragdolls splatter blood through collision detection. If a ragdoll touches a surface that allows blood to splatter, the decal will show up.

- Weapon penetration. Each weapon has a chance to penetrate walls, the higher the caliber, the higher the chance.

- Shadows have been darkened (Now you can see them, but they're not PITCH black).

- Barret and mounted weapons are capable of spawning MORE blood.

- Blood decals have been changed. They're more realistic, with less spatter.

What's fixed from the F.E.A.R. edition
---------------------------------------
- The "floating" blood hole decal on bodies has been lowered closer to the body thanks to GRIN, these decals are being applied to multiple "cubes" that
are around the model, which allow decals to appear on them when enabled to do so.

- Mounted weapons no longer spawn blood decals with no soldiers around.

- Clipping issues of blood decals on bodies is extremely less noticeable.

- It is now almost impossible to be caught on bodies, as you will now push them away.

Staple Effects Mod features
------------------------------
- Impact decals last forever.

- Better physics and increased player interaction with the environment.

- Blood decals on bodies.

Known issues
------------------------------
Due to the newly written splattering code from scratch, there are numerous surfaces that spawn the same impact decal and have no particles that spew out when fired.
This is a trade off for blood, as it is required to have the blood to appear. In the Ultra-Gore version, this applies to every surface.

(Not really an issue) Grenades are more powerful (Well, visually by how the environment reacts to them) than how they are in vanilla GRAW2. Enjoy
the flying bodies.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Directions to install
-------------------------------
Extract this .ZIP here:

X:/GRAW2/Local/<your language>/

X being the hard drive that you installed GRAW2 on.

Enabling PhysX
-------------------------------
Go to this directory:

X:/GRAW2/Settings/Profiles/<your profile>/

Open the .XML titled "Settings.xml"

Find these lines:
"<has_physx value="false" />"
"<physics value="0" />"

Change to:
"<has_physx value="true" />"
"<physics value="2" />"

This has now enabled PhysX Extreme mode, which allows you to run the PhysX code.

If you do not see in-game the PhysX effects, go to your video options, and click a drop down menu that click out of it, and hit apply. This will then
force the code to run in the renderer.
Some problems but work fine .

For my no nice

And small video - 8 mb 720p

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupo...9/graw-2-ageia
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-07, 09:22 AM   #96
jiffy

Reading 8 pages of responses and not much mentioned about Multiplayer. How is the Multi player. That is what made Rainbow 6 , Rouge Spear, and Ghost Recon great games. The single player was ok but the main event is in the Online play. So what is the deal.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote