Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-07, 09:13 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Did they Fix it?

I was hearing that the recent patch was going to fix the out of dead space for the hunters? The space that is too close for ranged but too far for melee...

Did they fix it? I was actually thinking about going back to WoW with it being fixed but if not I have no interest... it's something I always hated about playing a Hunter.
Old 11-15-07, 01:31 AM   #2
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Did they Fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I was hearing that the recent patch was going to fix the out of dead space for the hunters? The space that is too close for ranged but too far for melee...

Did they fix it? I was actually thinking about going back to WoW with it being fixed but if not I have no interest... it's something I always hated about playing a Hunter.
Yes, the deadzone is now 5 yards, instead of 8.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:45 AM   #3
Yaboze

It's fixed now, melee range is slightly bigger and you can shoot the bow/gun/xbow a little closer now. Plus, Aimed shot has a quicker kick off timer and has a debuff like Mortal Strike. Arcane shot removes a buff from the target.

Good hunter stuff in the 2.3 patch.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 05:22 PM   #4
nVJoe

Wink Re: Did they Fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|

Did they fix it!? WTF!? as if hunTards needed another buff. I am sick of what WoW has done to huntards, mages, dr00ds and pallies. Buff them up while ignore the rest of the classes.

I am dead serious about this. Playing a huntard is for those who have no skills in WoW. There are so many huntards on every server because they are so damn easy to play. You have every idiot playing one and thinking they are actually awesome at the game. I hate huntards. Oh and proof that huntards are actually crappy WoW players, get one in a group. 99% of all huntards are just a wasted space in a group. Either they will get you wipped by pet aggro, not freezing or just plain stupidity.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 08:58 PM   #5
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

playing anything in wow requires no skill.
Old 11-30-07, 09:31 PM   #6
Elvin Presler

Let me guess, nVJoe plays a Rogue or Warlock. 2 of the most ridiculously overpowered classes in the game...and he's hating on hunters with no clue what it's like t play one.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 01:38 AM   #7
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
playing anything in wow requires no skill.
QFT...I'm actually thinking of going back to EQ2...I have gone off MMO's since Vanguard screwed me over...Stupid Brad...Waiting for AOC, SGW, and STO at the moment...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 04:40 AM   #8
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
Let me guess, nVJoe plays a Rogue or Warlock. 2 of the most ridiculously overpowered classes in the game...and he's hating on hunters with no clue what it's like t play one.
Did you say rogues and warlocks are overpowered? BAHAHAHA!? Do you even play WoW? If you did you would not be saying that unless you are trying to be funny.

I play a holy priest for raids, a tank for raids and a shadow priest for PVP. I used to have a 70 rogue and before Burning Crusade I used to have a 60 hunter before all the wuss buffs they got. You do not know how to play a hunter if you think a rogue is over powered. Hunters are the anti-rogue class. I don't know why I need to tell you this.

LOL rogues and locks are overpowered. LOL! what a joke.

Old 12-02-07, 11:32 AM   #9
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
LOL rogues and locks are overpowered. LOL! what a joke.
This seems to be the consensus from the dregs of WoW.
Old 12-02-07, 11:33 AM   #10
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
QFT...I'm actually thinking of going back to EQ2...I have gone off MMO's since Vanguard screwed me over...Stupid Brad...Waiting for AOC, SGW, and STO at the moment...
I'm probably going to let my WoW account expire, then re-up for WotLK which will be a decent time waster for a while.
Old 12-03-07, 01:26 PM   #11
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
This seems to be the consensus from the dregs of WoW.
There are actual idiots who think rogues and locks are overpowered and are serious? LOL! People are stupid.
Old 12-05-07, 06:19 PM   #12
Son Goku

Actually lock fear, DoTs, and life drain is terribly over-powered and there isn't much one can do against chain fear. Dispel (with cooldowns), but they just re-fear...

Rogues on the other hand. I had to go back and find quests I never went through with my hunter main, as even a year ago it was no big deal for me on a hunter to solo mobs that were 6-8 lvls higher then me. Bigger agro range? You bet.... But when one can get a sense of it, it's not that difficult to pull mobs far enough away to still be able to fight them in 1s or 2s. The only problem left is the pet would have trouble tanking a mob 8 lvls above it. But again being aware of agro, using means to drop it or increase pet agro, and using a threat meter can help.

On the rogue, fighting 2 levels above was much more the limit, and outside times where one could be funny like "along the watch towers", go up, sap the elite, mark tower, and re-stealth, fighting/killing nothing But otherwise, I ended up having to find quests in zones I never messed with, because stuff like soloing Winterfall village at lvl 52 were out. Same with soloing "Dragonkin Menace" back when the dragonkin were still elites, at lvl 51.

I must say however, that at lvl 70, this situation does not continue. There are 69 elites that will kill the pet without healing. At this point mend pet is useless, and they will be a real mana drainer on any healing class. This is the point where I'm usually looking for a tank (or if I'm helping others on such an elite quest, insisting they get one in group). Besides, I'm at the point I can pull too much agro, too d*mned fast, without a proper tank and waiting for 3 sunders, etc, in such situations.

Mind though, while comparing hunters a year ago vs. now; pets were a lot more powerful then before they got normalized. Horde shamy used to hate my then un-nerfed broaken tooth in the lvl 40-49 BGs, especially when I would mana drain them on top of it
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote