Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-07, 09:47 AM   #1
glObalist
working as intended
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 935
Default More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Geez, and I only started to hit lvl 64 in TBC's Terokkar Forest...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/
__________________
Intel E8400 C2D 3Ghz @ 3.6Ghz ---> ASUS P5Q Pro <--- 2x2GB PATRIOT DDR2 800Mhz
PALIT Sonic HD4850 1GB DDR3 <---> BENQ FP241W 24" LCD
M-AUDIO FireWire 410 <---> Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 04:10 PM   #2
nVidi0t
Quad Damage
 
nVidi0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Fancisco. CA
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Of course I'm looking forward to this. Wouldn't expect anything less than a brilliant expansion from Blizzard.
__________________
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 04:17 PM   #3
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 04:18 PM   #4
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT, and some of the rest.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.
Class Balancing? In a MMO? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

/dies
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 05:38 PM   #5
nVJoe
Registered User
 
nVJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
Another lame ass grind, no thanks. They still haven't balanced classes at all, and now they are throwing another into the mix. Not to mention the fact of all the raid content they are adding when less than 3% of the population have seen BT.

By the time this comes out most of the good PVPers will be playing Warhammer Online anyways

remove arenas, fix world PVP and give people a reason to want to kill the other faction, then I'll care. If I want to arena I'll play Guildwars, and if I cared about PVE I would be playing Everquest or something.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.
Did you not see the siege play they added to the game?

MMOs are about grinding, get used to it or don't play them

WRT to balancing out the classes, it isn't going to happen. Here are the broken classes in order of brokeness

Druid
Pallies
Mages
Hunters

All of the above classes are GODS in PVP. They are so damn powerful that you need a number of other classes bring them down. If you are a warrior, priest shammie or rogue you are SOL. A warrior is only as good as the healer he has other wise he is a easy kill. Rogues can take down another class but not the classes I listed. If a rogue is in the open he is dead on sight.

Now let me focus in on druids for a second. This class absolutely pisses me off. Not only are they hard to kill one on one but they can tank better than warriors and then heal them selves. They have more HP and armor than warriors which is just out right maddening. If you want to tank be a druid and the warrior can just fall off of Azeroth because they are useless.

Pallies, for get about it. I have see 10 people try to kill a pally for over 4 minutes in AV. He had epic gear but so did many of the pvpers who were trying to kill him and you give the pally a couple of mods and BAM! you have a class in god mode.

Mages are just pure BS. They have slow, icelance which was toned down a bit but it still is wicked and they hit for a ton.

Hunters with their new mend pet improvement are nearly unstoppable. This talent they gave them broke them.

What they need to do is get rid of the long quest for Ony and Nax so people will go in there on their way up to outlands. They also need to cut down Ony, Nax, BWL and MC to 20 man raids so people will go in there on their way to Outlands.

My rant is over and with all that said, the new expansion looks fun. I play WoW on a new server on a new account. We hang out and do questing in our new guild to have fun. If you keep WoW on that level it is really fun. If you want to take it serious as some do, you will be frustrated because class balancing will not happen.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 05:40 PM   #6
nVidi0t
Quad Damage
 
nVidi0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Fancisco. CA
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

I haven't been to a raid in a long time, but I can still attend whenever I want. We are currently working on BT (SSC Cleared). I mainly play alts and do PvP. The gear from the standard 70 dungeons or heroic is good enough to get by even against T4/T5. You don't need to raid.

What UDawg said about pvp it totally true. (this coming from a warrior/rogue)
__________________
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 06:01 PM   #7
nVJoe
Registered User
 
nVJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
What UDawg said about pvp it totally true. (this coming from a warrior/rogue)
I do consider a class being over powered to be a broken class. It isn't fair to that class and all the other classes.

I will say this, I have a shadow priest on Baelgun name Blarf in the 40s bracket. He can do amazing things with his power. I can take on 4 or 5 and keep them busy till the flag carrier is safe. I will die but I will take down two with me and the others will be damaged very badly from my dots. They better not get in a fight right after me or they will die quickly.

Here is one example. I destroyed a pally that was a 49 and I am a 48. He never had a chance. I dot him up, vamperic embrace and fear him. While he is feared I spam mana burn. By the time he gets back he has half health and 3/4 his mana left. With my healing and another fear he is toast.

I also got jumped by a 46 priest. I was giving BG directions while on the horde's ramp. He dotted me up, popped me twice with smite and mind blast. I had 3/4 my health left. Then he feared me. Once I was done feared I had 200 HP left but that priest didn't know how to conserve mana. He was laughing at me and spitting at me when he thought he had a easy kill of a priest two levels above him. LOL Here is where it went wrong for him. I feared him, dotted him up and vanperic embraced him to get HP back. I healed my self to full health threw on gift of the naruu and symbol of hope to get more mana back. Then I went into shadow form and he shat a brick. He tried to run but I blasted him two times with mind blast and mind flayed him one time and he was dead. That made me really happy.

Ok one more story. I got on the boat in BB to go to Tanaris. A lvl 40 pally challenges me to a duel on the boat. First off I hate people who spam dueling challenges, it pisses me off. Secondly NEVER challenge a shadow priest on a boat. I wait till he hammer of GAYNESS stuns me, then I mind controled him and threw his arss off the boat. We were just before the screen load so he was way out in the water. LOL! He was swearing at me for 5 minutes or so it seemed. LOL I told him I hated pallies and he should never duel priests on boats.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 06:17 PM   #8
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

What I remember about warriors in pvp they take down 2-3 then just get dead big time.
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-07, 06:22 PM   #9
nVJoe
Registered User
 
nVJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
What I remember about warriors in pvp they take down 2-3 then just get dead big time.
A shadow priest can wreck a warrior easily and always could, that is of course if the priest is a good player but basically you are correct. Warrior ran in killed one or two and died. LOL most other classes can get out after killing a couple.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 06:25 PM   #10
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Did you not see the siege play they added to the game?

MMOs are about grinding, get used to it or don't play them

that same siege play will be in Warhammer Online, so I wont be missing anything but some lame rep grind for subpar equipment, or better yet mote farming yay!

you obviously like WoW and thats awesome, but I've been in it since beta 3 and I just want to play something not centered around raiders or faction grinding.

the approach Mythic is taking with Warhammer will at least make the game feel like less of a grind with the pvp related quests, and public questing systems.
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 06:26 PM   #11
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

I liked my hunter....
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 06:26 PM   #12
nVidi0t
Quad Damage
 
nVidi0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Fancisco. CA
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t
Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
I do consider a class being over powered to be a broken class. It isn't fair to that class and all the other classes.

I will say this, I have a shadow priest on Baelgun name Blarf in the 40s bracket. He can do amazing things with his power. I can take on 4 or 5 and keep them busy till the flag carrier is safe. I will die but I will take down two with me and the others will be damaged very badly from my dots. They better not get in a fight right after me or they will die quickly.

Here is one example. I destroyed a pally that was a 49 and I am a 48. He never had a chance. I dot him up, vamperic embrace and fear him. While he is feared I spam mana burn. By the time he gets back he has half health and 3/4 his mana left. With my healing and another fear he is toast.

I also got jumped by a 46 priest. I was giving BG directions while on the horde's ramp. He dotted me up, popped me twice with smite and mind blast. I had 3/4 my health left. Then he feared me. Once I was done feared I had 200 HP left but that priest didn't know how to conserve mana. He was laughing at me and spitting at me when he thought he had a easy kill of a priest two levels above him. LOL Here is where it went wrong for him. I feared him, dotted him up and vanperic embraced him to get HP back. I healed my self to full health threw on gift of the naruu and symbol of hope to get more mana back. Then I went into shadow form and he shat a brick. He tried to run but I blasted him two times with mind blast and mind flayed him one time and he was dead. That made me really happy.

Ok one more story. I got on the boat in BB to go to Tanaris. A lvl 40 pally challenges me to a duel on the boat. First off I hate people who spam dueling challenges, it pisses me off. Secondly NEVER challenge a shadow priest on a boat. I wait till he hammer of GAYNESS stuns me, then I mind controled him and threw his arss off the boat. We were just before the screen load so he was way out in the water. LOL! He was swearing at me for 5 minutes or so it seemed. LOL I told him I hated pallies and he should never duel priests on boats.
Hahahaha great! I have a priest alt and I used to MC people into the lava before BWL

The only class I can't stand in any way shape or form is Paladin. With my main (warrior) who is pretty darn well geared (months of Kara and SSC) I cant handle an epic paladin who happens to know how to play. It's the most frustrating thing I have experienced in the game. Their health pool, huge damage reduction through armor, resilience rating, bubble, heals and crazy burst dps are just absurd. It's even worse with my rogue where it's hard to even put a dent in their health bar.

Druids are a pain in the ass too. As soon as they shift to bear form and happen to have a healer nearby its just game over. At least I can demolish oomkin. Dueling a mage iis akin to a sherry enema. No thanks.
__________________
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.