Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-13-07, 07:38 PM   #13
nVJoe

Default Re: More Warcrack - Wrath Of the Lich King expansion announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
Hahahaha great! I have a priest alt and I used to MC people into the lava before BWL

The only class I can't stand in any way shape or form is Paladin. With my main (warrior) who is pretty darn well geared (months of Kara and SSC) I cant handle an epic paladin who happens to know how to play. It's the most frustrating thing I have experienced in the game. Their health pool, huge damage reduction through armor, resilience rating, bubble, heals and crazy burst dps are just absurd. It's even worse with my rogue where it's hard to even put a dent in their health bar.

Druids are a pain in the ass too. As soon as they shift to bear form and happen to have a healer nearby its just game over. At least I can demolish oomkin. Dueling a mage iis akin to a sherry enema. No thanks.
LOL! Warriors should not duel. My main for two years was a Tier 2 warrior. I dumped him and went to the horde side to PVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I liked my hunter....
Hunters are fun. I am going to make a 49 twink hunter. A guildie and I will be trolling the middle with our huntArds racking up HK and assisting the FC to the tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
that same siege play will be in Warhammer Online, so I wont be missing anything but some lame rep grind for subpar equipment, or better yet mote farming yay!
I hear that bro. I can't wait for Warhammer to come out.
Mote farming is teh lose.

Quote:
you obviously like WoW and thats awesome, but I've been in it since beta 3 and I just want to play something not centered around raiders or faction grinding.
I agree. I've been in it since December of year 1. I want Warhammer big time. I will drop WoW in a heart beat if Warhammer meets my expectations.

No you misunderstood me. WoW drives me nuts but it is the only MMO out there, so I play it till a better one comes along. I almost cried when Conan was pushed back.

Quote:
the approach Mythic is taking with Warhammer will at least make the game feel like less of a grind with the pvp related quests, and public questing systems.
I hope so. The one problem I do have with warhammer is the player movement. It looks way too stiff. For some reason it bugs me but if the game play is up to par, who cares.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 07:41 PM   #14
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Warhammer will be great, of that I'm certain. Mythic have a fantastic team and great support from GW to make WH:O a classic. Right now WoW is the best MMO by leaps and bounds and I happen to really enjoy it. Looking forward to Age of Conan too.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 08:04 PM   #15
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Warriors were great in that capture the flag thing that first came out since it was 5 on 5 you never really got swamped and you could slow people down and maul them. I remember charging in time after time with recklessness and spam whirlwind and cleave.
Old 08-13-07, 08:12 PM   #16
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Ahh the good ol' days!
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
Old 08-14-07, 01:54 PM   #17
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
Hahahaha great! I have a priest alt and I used to MC people into the lava before BWL .
A priest we knew used to MC people into inns, and MC the opposite faction into killing civies, before the ranks disappeared. When our raid group would have some deaths, he'd be like "I don't care I caused them to kill 3 civilians this raid, 30% lost honor " This was before Blizzard removed ranks from the PvP system.

One time when when a few of us got sick of facing tier 3 equiped people in BGs, when we lived on a newer realm, he responded by just mind controlling people off the bridge of Thunder Bluff, until he got the angst to the BG situation out of his system. I think the one druid was thrown off the bridge/cliff about 14 times, and a warrior about 12.

I do have to disagree a bit with complaints about hunters though. There's one area they're kinda bad at, and that's taking hits in melee. I have a lvl 70 night elf hunter, and a lvl 68 orc hunter. Yes, people who get wrapped up with the pet, or try to run away from us are nice to deal with. The "nasty ones" are those who don't cooperate with that, and try to force us in melee combat. Hunters can take hits better then rogues (I have a lvl 55 rogue now), but when I'm facing another player, the player that's "in my face" that I can't shake and ahve to melee... There's times I know it's done, so tbh, prefer being in a raid group, rather then the lone wolf so there might be someone to grab them, force them out of melee range from me Life for a hunter, unless one's a melee spec (and I'm not), consists of trying to avoid melee at all costs

As to the grinding, that can be minimized. After I got my Winterspring frostsaber mount on my main, I didn't want to go right back to grinding again. Leveling my rogue, I did quests, starting in the n00b zones of more then 1 race. The result is that at lvl 55, he's now 999/1,000 exalted with Darnasus, and about 18,500 or so revered with SW. This was done without any repeatable runecloth donations or morrowgrain with darn, and only a couple with SW and some other factions. It's because I hit so many quests, from so many races along the way, I probably did almost all of them

And yes, on the rogue, it is necessary to not just jump in the middle of things; but then that's kinda also the point of the class. It's like all offence (the high dps), with little armor/health compared to some. There are some things I can do on the rogue though, that I can't do on other classes. Like one elite quest, I just stealthed in, saped the elite 2 levels higher then me, looted the quest item off ground, and stealthed my way out. Same went for having stealthed my way from Shattrath, where I set the hearth after paying a mage for a portal, all the way to hellfire peninsula, getting the connecting fp in Zangermarsh, and the other 2 in Hellfire Peninsula. Luckily Mr. Fel Reaver didn't get close and personal (as I'm not sure stealth would have worked with it). I only had to vanish once, going past the ravagers in thorn hill. Without a class that could not have stealthed, I don't think I would have made it. Incidently, I now have something like 320 first aid (not getting the manual from AH, but from NPC), and about 310 LW, with the outland recipees, and 360 skinning, all in preperation for when he goes through the dark portal for real.

Oh, and as I have about 269 lockpicking at lvl 55 (had been leveling it off the gate to searing gorge since in the 40s), I can pretty much avoid having to get the keys too The key to scholo, is one key I definitely will not have to pay for, on yet another char

Anyhow, I'll provide the char link

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman'thul&n=Picolo

as those reps for instance, only go to show just how whacky things can be now, if one heavy quests, without doing cloth donation. The horde don't have it the same way though, as reps are closer to what they were pre-BC
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 02:20 PM   #18
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

If there are two MMO's on the way that can take down WoW they're Warhammer Online & Age of Conan.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 02:50 PM   #19
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Guild's new video of a full SSC clear: http://files.filefront.com/HHvsSSCav.../fileinfo.html

It's quite large so here's a low quality mirror

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Silh/vid...tshrine-cavern

Magtheridon:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Silh/vid...vs-Magtheridon

Gruul's Lair (great if you love the 300 soundtrack!):

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Silh/vid...stile-vs-Gruul
Tell me what you guys think!
Old 08-14-07, 02:54 PM   #20
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
If there are two MMO's on the way that can take down WoW they're Warhammer Online & Age of Conan.
Why do people view this as "taking down" WOW? Who cares? Just play the game you like.

Old 08-14-07, 03:03 PM   #21
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Nothing will 'take down' WoW. It is still only waiting for a real competitor. Good luck putting a dent into WoW's incredible 9 million subscribers.
Old 08-14-07, 05:17 PM   #22
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
The one problem I do have with warhammer is the player movement. It looks way too stiff. For some reason it bugs me but if the game play is up to par, who cares.
well you have to consider its still in beta state, and I'm sure they will smooth stuff like that out. I've read they have had 200+ players in one big fight with zero lag, and they are shooting for way more

I will miss my rogue more than anything, so fun to play! I wont miss my 60 AND 70 pallies though, healing is meh but someone had to do it.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 07:19 PM   #23
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
well you have to consider its still in beta state, and I'm sure they will smooth stuff like that out. I've read they have had 200+ players in one big fight with zero lag, and they are shooting for way more

I will miss my rogue more than anything, so fun to play! I wont miss my 60 AND 70 pallies though, healing is meh but someone had to do it.
Have you played Warhammer or has any one played it yet?
Old 08-14-07, 07:23 PM   #24
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

I signed up for the beta recently.