Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-16-07, 11:01 PM   #1
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Is it really necessary to allow nude avatars?

I know you can turn them off but a good portion of the people here surf from work and some of these have gone a bit to far, if you ask me. Its one thing to have a clothed ass, but a mostly nude ass, well I don't see why that is necessary. I'm seeing more and more, such as this one.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-16-07, 11:32 PM   #2
911medic
Is it football season yet

Default Re: Is it really necessary to allow nude avatars?

Ummmm...
I think you answered your own question: Turn them off when you're at work.
E4300 @ 3GHz (lapped) || Tuniq Tower 120 (lapped) || Gigabyte EP45-UD3L || eVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 648/1512/999 || 6GB DDR2-800 @ 5-5-5-15|| 74GB Raptor || 80GB Caviar || 250GB WD || Corsair HX520W || Samsung 225BW 22" LCD (1680x1050) || X-Fi XtremeGamer || Win7 RC x64 || Antec SX1040BII Server Tower || Altec-Lansing ATP3 Speakers
No comprehension to fail; I vacuum the wind for my sail
Can't be the rest; Let others waste my time?
Owning success is the bottom line

911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 12:09 AM   #3
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Its one thing to have a clothed ass, but a mostly nude ass, well I don't see why that is necessary
Why does something have to be necessary? People choose those avatars because that's what they want.

I love nude asses btw.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 01:45 AM   #4
retsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
I know you can turn them off but a good portion of the people here surf from work and some of these have gone a bit to far, if you ask me. Its one thing to have a clothed ass, but a mostly nude ass, well I don't see why that is necessary. I'm seeing more and more, such as this one.

i say instant ban for sillyeagle just for suggesting that we remove the avitars and the fact that hes
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 06:26 AM   #5
Redeemed

LOL at this thread.

You know, sillyeagle- if you were actually working while at work, maybe this wouldn't be an issue.

IN BEFORE TEH LOCK FTW!!!!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 04:03 PM   #6
DiscipleDOC

You know, I don't do this often, but I agree with Sillyeagle. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but I too surf from work, and people come by my office alot.

I don't mean to put anyone on the spot, but there should be some type of guideline.

Not only that, do the people that have little kids want their children to see this? I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war, all I'm asking is for you (that have them) use a little moderation, please.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 04:33 PM   #7
GamerGuyX

There is moderation by not allowing people to have anything they want as an avatar.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 04-17-07, 04:37 PM   #8
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
There is moderation by not allowing people to have anything they want as an avatar.
To a degree. They know if they did that, a mod would ask them to remove the picture.

I'm asking for a little more consideration.

My opinion means nothing to the next member. All I'm doing is asking for people to consider something more than just themselves.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-07, 04:38 PM   #9
GamerGuyX

I haven't seen any avatar here that's any worse than any other tech oriented forum.

Old 04-17-07, 04:42 PM   #10
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
I haven't seen any avatar here that's any worse than any other tech oriented forum.
I don't think thats the point that DD is trying to get across. We could compare it to the playboy forum and we might not have as many nude avs, but there are quite a few that are risqué. I'm not going to argue that some of the avs are a little over the top. It's one of those things that are funny with other guys, but not necessarily everyone else that might see the forums.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 04:43 PM   #11
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I was thinking this the other day as I saw yet another avatar w/some TnA, I don't mind it but all it takes is one time and a person could get fired these days. I enjoy seeing peoples avatars I really do but we already have a thread for "Babes" (which I totally avoid at work). The decision of course is left to MikeC and his moderation team.

Though I guess I would have to get rid of the avatar of my ****...

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 04:57 PM   #12
GamerGuyX

In my eyes, there simply is no issue at hand. Really don't see how this even compares to even your garden variety commercial you see on TV on a daily basis.

I mean what's next? You gonna start complaining that I got a pentagram as my profile picture?

Get the **** over yourselves.