Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-07, 11:02 AM   #13
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Default Re: Several reasons to believe Bioshock has been "console-ised" (PC tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
and it begins.... people can't ****ing enjoy a game... they have to find somethign to bitch about.
Like you should talk LMAO, here's a quote from you:
Quote:
They talk about being completly desctructible but it looks so crappy with buildings... an entire wall breaks in a single section and it looks the same all the time. The Lucas Arts technology makes destructible items looks so much more realistic.

No comment how im whinning too much but it does look pretty cheesy...

And that's about a game that doesn't even have a demo yet.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:13 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Default Re: Several reasons to believe Bioshock has been "console-ised" (PC tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
Like you should talk LMAO, here's a quote from you:

And that's about a game that doesn't even have a demo yet.
So my comment on how their hyping of a destructible enviroment that in the end is done poorly is the same as him complaining about a game that shares its roots to consoles?

He's nitpicking about something most players wont realize, I was pointing out something completly obvious to everyone...
Old 08-20-07, 11:14 AM   #15
3DBrad

Setting the minimum framerate DOES improve framerate greatly.

Several times that it was stuck at 30fps, it would be at 45-50fps after the tweak, etc.
Old 08-20-07, 11:16 AM   #16
agentkay

Criticism is allowed when you have such a low res texture in a 2007 game that has received some of the highest graphics ratings (9.5 or higher) so far this year. Yes I know graphics is not just about texture resolution but if people just shut up the visuals would never improve.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/atta...5&d=1187620559

However, there is hope that modders will be able to fix some of the low res textures (after all UT3 engine is highly moddable) but I still donīt get why modders have to fix something that is the job of the devs.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:16 AM   #17
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

omg, fps!
Old 08-20-07, 11:17 AM   #18
Destroy

Do wide screen resolutions work properly?

Is the FOV low in the 70 range or better in the 90 range, at wide screen res of course??

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:18 AM   #19
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Criticism is allowed when you have such a low res texture in a 2007 game that has received some of the highest graphics ratings (9.5 or higher) so far this year. Yes I know graphics is not just about texture resolution but if people just shut up the visuals would never improve.

Um all the textures look good aslong as your not an inch away from them...
Old 08-20-07, 11:22 AM   #20
Mangler
DRM is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
Setting the minimum framerate DOES improve framerate greatly.

Several times that it was stuck at 30fps, it would be at 45-50fps after the tweak, etc.
If it does it the same way as it did in the original unreal engine, it also removes some of the details on your screen/uses lower quality assets to boost your framerate.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-07, 11:25 AM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay

well, that the side effect of multiplatform games. hopefully the retail game will have better textures.
Old 08-20-07, 11:28 AM   #22
Athena
spirit filled

System Shock 2 was one ofthe best games I ever played and I played it again after the modders released the updated models. I am not to worried about a low res texture here and there in BioShock. After seeing the game play videos in 720p I am sure this game will look good enough for me to have fun playing it.
Old 08-20-07, 11:29 AM   #23
agentkay

|MaguS|, yes the distance to that particular texture is very low but I still saw plenty of other games that had better texture resolution/detailed textures at even such a low distance. Sure, the game is complex, maybe they missed this one (texture), and I definitely need to play the retail version first but I still stand by that criticsm has to be allowed because thats what really brings the visuals forward... not just everybody getting used to a certain standard. If people didnīt ask for more, games would still look like DOOM1.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:32 AM   #24
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
Few things I have noticed,

(1) physics animations are apparently capped at 30fps, so even if you're going at 100fps, the objects bounce around at 30fps, I think that's why the demo defaulted to 30fps so many times until I changed the "desired frame rate" in the config file.

I took a video of it if you don't believe me.

(2) Also, the textures aren't really that hi-res, but this could be just due to the demo.

So just like Quake Wars, this is console-ized.

If you go to the default config file, I changed this from 25 to 55,
Are you running DX10 mode? Supposdly the textures are improved in DX10.