Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-07, 11:33 AM   #25
agentkay

Default Re: Several reasons to believe Bioshock has been "console-ised" (PC tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
well, that the side effect of multiplatform games. hopefully the retail game will have better textures.
I agree, I think that is indeed one reason why we see something like that. I do have hope that some talented modders will release a high-res texture pack, if necessary (I didnīt play the retail version yet), after all the UT3 engine is highly moddable and the game itself is already very popular.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:34 AM   #26
3DBrad

Default Re: Several reasons to believe Bioshock has been "console-ised" (PC tweaks)

Oh, if you want me to criticize the demo even more, I can.

Big daddy textures aren't that nice, especially around the "drill." It just seems a general dirt map was overlayed over a lot of the UVs, and no ambient-occlusion pass (to be used a "dirt map") was baked over the model to give it a more dynamically textured feel.

The splicer character models leave a lot to be desired as well.
Old 08-20-07, 11:34 AM   #27
SwedX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
No, you're the one that's always whining about people whining.

Besides, if the game has no multiplayer, it better be top-notch.
In another thread I bitching about the low rez texures to and for that some idiots jumped all over me.

As I said its the damn consoles who hold it back..

And do not listening to Magus at all..all he loves is his little crappy consoles
SwedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:36 AM   #28
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedX
In another thread I bitching about the low rez texures to and for that some idiots jumped all over me.

And do not listening to Magus att all..all he loves is his little crappy consoles
Yup, I got to play the demo how many more days earlier then you? Also love my crappy PC but since the lack of games recently the crappy consoles have been getting alot more of my time.
Old 08-20-07, 11:36 AM   #29
3DBrad

Well, some people are just blinded by hype, and can't for their "god" (this game) to be criticized.

And as for Magus, he just hates me because I'm white.

j/k
Old 08-20-07, 11:38 AM   #30
Eliminator
The Man With Brisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedX

And do not listening to Magus at all..all he loves is his little crappy consoles
man you love to bash consoles... you should write your own wikipedia article as to why consoles are so bad... should keep you busy for a while... and off these forums
BFG GTX 280 OC2 1GB @ 729/1512/2538
Dell 2405FPW 24"
3DMark: Vantage - P15397 | 06 - 18734
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:38 AM   #31
|MaguS|

Quote:
Well, some people are just blinded by hype, and can't for their "god" (this game) to be criticized.
Well you complain about graphics and then go and make it worse by making your desired min framerate higher then your PC can support so the engine degrades the graphics....

Spoudazo, Your right... I hate white people!

SMURF POWER! SMURF POWER! SMURF POWER! SMURF POWER!
Old 08-20-07, 11:42 AM   #32
3DBrad

Before the tweak it'd lock the FPS at 30 or 60fps.

Oh, and half of my complaints would be fixed if they just enabled motion blur for the game.

I can load up Roboblitz and make mation blur effects in it, surely 2k can too.

Old 08-20-07, 11:44 AM   #33
|MaguS|

Because thats what your PC can handle with the graphics maxed. When you "tweaked" it the engine now lowers the detail so you can go higher then your desired min.
Old 08-20-07, 11:46 AM   #34
3DBrad

This is annoying just like Enemy Territory, where it's basically either 30 or 60fps, as if the human eye works in 30s.

No, many monitors run at 75, 85, 100, or 120hz, so I don't want nor need a game to "figure" out what I'd like, I can do that myself.
Old 08-20-07, 11:59 AM   #35
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Before the tweak it'd lock the FPS at 30 or 60fps.

Oh, and half of my complaints would be fixed if they just enabled motion blur for the game.

I can load up Roboblitz and make mation blur effects in it, surely 2k can too.
It just sounds like VSync is on.

The game only has motion blur in certain scenes. Personally, I am not a big fan of motion blur, unless it is subtle.

Like I said before, are you running in DX10? DX10 mode supposedly has improved textures.
Old 08-20-07, 12:00 PM   #36
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

My third eye works at 30fps (faps per second).

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote