Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-07, 07:08 PM   #13
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

That's cause Spielberg is powerful enough that whatever he says goes, and he won't be bound to any contract like this. Basically the studios have to bend over for him... But obviously with every other Paramount title on HD DVD's Speilberg's will
likely end up there as well.

Here is the official press release btw: http://www.viacom.com/NEWS/NewsText.aspx?RID=1042073

HD DVD: More than meets the eye!
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 07:18 PM   #14
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 07:54 PM   #15
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Heeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack!



Welcome back, comrade!

Edit: Fantastic avatar, btw. LOL.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 10:12 PM   #16
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Man, Why doesn't HD-DVD just give up... their sales are behind and they need to buy their support... sheeesh.
Wow. That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and I've been hanging out on NIN forums.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 10:19 PM   #17
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.
 
1337_Like_ThaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In The Sack ;)
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

OH wow thats cool, we saw how well more extra content did for 300! yay!
__________________

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 10:24 PM   #18
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
OH wow thats cool, we saw how well more extra content did for 300! yay!
hey, lack of games and second-rate online play isn't stopping anyone from buying a PS3...
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 11:31 PM   #19
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
OH wow thats cool, we saw how well more extra content did for 300! yay!
Yeah, we saw how BD can only outsell HD 2:1 with 10:1 player ratio, millions of dollars of Sony bought endcaps, massive marketing campaigns, and movie studio buyouts with 80% studio dominance at the time. Lose your shortsightedness and see the real picture. BD's 2:1 statistic is pathetic given the push. I see you are panic trolling very hard, and making your double standards very well known. Accusing Paramount of selling out? LOL! How do you think BD has so many "exclusive" studios. DUUUhhh. Keep eating the turd sandwhich Sony forced down your throat. BD attach rate is absolutely pathetic. Paramount recognizes this and others will follow.

HD DVD had 33% of the market with very little marketing, no retailer endcap purchases, no retailer buyouts, no rental store buyouts, low player density, one major exclusive studio, and no game machine with it by default. Guess what's gonna happen now? Go on little guy, continue panic trolling.

BTW: if BD had extra content would it be a bad thing? It's too bad the technology is in pre-alpha stages and can't even match a lowly 30GB HD DVD in presentation, lol.

You BD dorks are going to be eating so much crow in 2 - 3 years, I'm gonna shove it down your throats, count on it!
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 01:33 AM   #20
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.
 
1337_Like_ThaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In The Sack ;)
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Yeah, we saw how BD can only outsell HD 2:1 with 10:1 player ratio, millions of dollars of Sony bought endcaps, massive marketing campaigns, and movie studio buyouts with 80% studio dominance at the time. Lose your shortsightedness and see the real picture. BD's 2:1 statistic is pathetic given the push. I see you are panic trolling very hard, and making your double standards very well known. Accusing Paramount of selling out? LOL! How do you think BD has so many "exclusive" studios. DUUUhhh. Keep eating the turd sandwhich Sony forced down your throat. BD attach rate is absolutely pathetic. Paramount recognizes this and others will follow.

HD DVD had 33% of the market with very little marketing, no retailer endcap purchases, no retailer buyouts, no rental store buyouts, low player density, one major exclusive studio, and no game machine with it by default. Guess what's gonna happen now? Go on little guy, continue panic trolling.

BTW: if BD had extra content would it be a bad thing? It's too bad the technology is in pre-alpha stages and can't even match a lowly 30GB HD DVD in presentation, lol.

You BD dorks are going to be eating so much crow in 2 - 3 years, I'm gonna shove it down your throats, count on it!
Hey nice to see they let you stick your nose out of the corner and are able to post now!
__________________

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-07, 10:53 AM   #21
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Worse news to come from this is that Micheal Bay stated he wont make a Transformers 2 since Paramount dropped support for Blu-Ray.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...pic.php?t=2299
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:05 AM   #22
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Worse news to come from this is that Micheal Bay stated he wont make a Transformers 2 since Paramount dropped support for Blu-Ray.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...pic.php?t=2299
Michael Bay doesn't own the rights to Transformers, Paramount does. Bay can whine all he wants, but it doesn't matter because he can't stop Paramount from making it since he doesn't own it.

Transformers 2 will be made with or without Bay. There are many other competent directors that will gladly fill his shoes.
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:07 AM   #23
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
Michael Bay doesn't own the rights to Transformers, Paramount does. Bay can whine all he wants, but it doesn't matter because he can't stop Paramount from making it since he doesn't own it.

Transformers 2 will be made with or without Bay. There are many other competent directors that will gladly fill his shoes.
A James Cameron take on Transformers would be quite welcome.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:08 AM   #24
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Paramount to offer tons of HD DVD *exclusive* content - Indy, Shrek, and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
Michael Bay doesn't own the rights to Transformers, Paramount does. Bay can whine all he wants, but it doesn't matter because he can't stop Paramount from making it since he doesn't own it.

Transformers 2 will be made with or without Bay. There are many other competent directors that will gladly fill his shoes.
No one says he does... but I think he did a great job with the first movie and wouldn't want to see another director **** it up. Remeber what happened to the original Batmans?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.