Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-07, 11:25 AM   #13
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
So what?
Shows the HD-DVD really has nothing to stand on... they have to buy their support. It's like EA buying the NFL license because 2K NFL games were stomping them...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:27 AM   #14
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Shows the HD-DVD really has nothing to stand on... they have to buy their support. It's like EA buying the NFL license because 2K NFL games were stomping them...
You think Sony took their exclusive BD studios out to lunch or something for compensation of their exclusive support? Talk about naivety!
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:28 AM   #15
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
You think Sony took their exclusive BD studios out to lunch or something for compensation of their exclusive support? Talk about naivety!
Yeah, seriously. You think all the BD-exclusive companies are doing it because they really like Sony and really want to see them succeed?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:29 AM   #16
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Shows the HD-DVD really has nothing to stand on... they have to buy their support. It's like EA buying the NFL license because 2K NFL games were stomping them...
Uh, Sony buys endcaps at retailers. Sony bought 21st and Disney. Your point?
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:33 AM   #17
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Of all those movies, maybe 4 or 5 are worth buying IMO.

SRSLY, who actually liked The Day After Tomorrow and the epic flop Master and Commander?
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:34 AM   #18
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Of all those movies, maybe 4 or 5 are worth buying IMO.

SRSLY, who actually liked The Day After Tomorrow and the epic flop Master and Commander?
Yeah...come talk to me when you're putting the Alien "Quadrilogy" out on BD. That might be the only set that I actually NEED to buy a BD player to have.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:42 AM   #19
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Fox Announces and Dates 29 Blu-ray Titles

What's really amazing is HD DVD has managed 33% of all sales based on the technical merit of the format alone. Now they're playing in the mud with Sony. Sony lives by the sword and will die by the sword. Sony's nerdy little fans sure are forgiving of the massive bribery they have done as of yet. "Retailers prefer BD", they say. LOL. Retailers prefer money. Sony bought them out just like HD DVD is doing with Paramount.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.