Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-07, 09:10 PM   #73
Blackcat

Default Re: Official BioShock Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
I just installed the game, however I am experincing alot of static poping sounds. My sound is the onboard audio from a asus a8n-sli-premium. It is pritty loud and happens heavily when a monster or voice over sound is playing. Any suggestions?
Have this problem with the demo and it made it unplayable. Turned v sync off and it was much better. It was still there, but at least the demo was playable after this. From what I have read on the 2K forums this is a common problem. Hope this helps.
Old 08-21-07, 09:11 PM   #74
robngamer
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89
Regarding FSAA. I have XP and the latest 163.44 Beta drivers installed. Have to force FSAA in driver control panel as there are no in game settings. I don't see that it is working.
Bioshock is working with AA in XP. I have played it both under my vista and xp and xp is the one that works with AA.
robngamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 09:14 PM   #75
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life
You're lucky to get popping. I get no sound at all with my Realtek HD Audio. Nothing, Zip. Nada.
Alright, I have the Realtek AC'97 codec on my onboard sound and updateing to the lateist drivers from http://www.realtek.com.tw fixed my problem. Check to see if it fixes the HD codec also!

I noticed that my fps became nil as the sound problems started, now with the new drivers my fps has gone up substantually. Still testing it though.
Old 08-21-07, 09:14 PM   #76
vläd

Widescreen appears to be fubar!

According to the Bioshock forums, the game is not rendering widescreen correctly. This is being reported from one of the senior mods from Widescreen Gaming forums. The thread on this issue at the Widescreen Gaming forums is here.

I certainly hope this is not the way all Unreal3 based games turn out!
vläd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 09:26 PM   #77
Blackcat

Also, turning off EAX and reverb, along with turning off v sync helped considerably with the sound cracking/popping problem for me.
Old 08-21-07, 09:29 PM   #78
robngamer
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
Also, turning off EAX and reverb, along with turning off v sync helped considerably with the sound cracking/popping problem for me.

Tell me how in the F turning off Vsync has anything to do with the sound? The two are in no way related.
Old 08-21-07, 09:34 PM   #79
|MaguS|

OMG I love this game. I haven't been this drawn into a game since HL2. It's amazing, the atmosphere in the game is just great! I dont know why people are bitching about lack of AA, playing at 1920x1200 I can barely tell and I dont really sit in one place to long to bother to see if I could.

The gameplay is great, nothing original and its not as deep as Deus Ex or System Shock 2 but its fun and easy to play. My only complaint would be that hacking is too easy... The game on a whole is pretty easy even on hard, only time I died was when I met the second big daddy fight and well he was ALOT harder then the first...

Best thing about the big daddy fights is trying to figure out how to take them down because straight up face to face fight is a loss on your end.

Im really liking the game, its not perfect but its hard for me to find anything bad about the game.
Old 08-21-07, 09:37 PM   #80
robngamer
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I dont know why people are bitching about lack of AA, playing at 1920x1200 I can barely tell and I dont really sit in one place to long to bother to see if I could.

I agree. Even at 1680X1050 I dont find it to be that bad at all compared to most other games with no AA.

Old 08-21-07, 09:54 PM   #81
Arioch

I am having a blast playing this game. The tape recordings remind me so much of System Shock 2. You definitely want to take your time and explore everything before moving on to a new area as there are plasmids and other upgrades hidden away in areas. I got over the whole no AA thing with DX10 after playing the game for a while. I have the luxury of playing at a higher resolution than some people but the art style helps with masking the aliasing.

I decided to install this game on my XP partition and was pleasantly surprised that activation code works on that install also - I think its tied to my hardware anyway. While being able to run with AA is a bonus with DX9 I did notice the subtle effects that the DX10 code offers so I am going to play through the game in Vista.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 09:58 PM   #82
Blackcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robngamer
Tell me how in the F turning off Vsync has anything to do with the sound? The two are in no way related.

I thought the same thing but some guy on the 2K forum tried it, said it worked and it did for me too. I really don't care if you believe it or not. Just trying to help another forum member out no need to be a jerk.
Old 08-21-07, 09:59 PM   #83
robngamer
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
I thought the same thing but some guy on the 2K forum tried it, said it worked and it did for me too. I really don't care if you believe it or not. Just trying to help another forum member out no need to be a jerk.

I never said I didnt believe it. Stop being so sensitive.
Old 08-21-07, 10:11 PM   #84
Blackcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robngamer
I never said I didnt believe it. Stop being so sensitive.
Your right I was being overly sensitive, sorry. I went back and tested things and it was not so much the v sync it was the EAX and the reverb. I tried all these recommendations at once and it did help a lot.