Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-01-10, 02:16 AM   #1
sradhakrishna

Default Une

Hi,

I have a Sony VAIO VPCCW13EG laptop. I've been having troubles running nvidia drivers on this laptop for since the first day I've bought this laptop.

I've tried every - every driver that was ever released on nvidia's website - none worked for me. Whats worse, i keep seeing a lot of issues on this line of laptops from Sony on the web - an ongoing thread at http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=140482 suggests some workaround, but doesn't give a full fool proof solution - a solution where everything works - suspend/ resume, 3D, 2D, video acceleration etc.

One thing I've noticed - when I run both vbeinfo on the grub(2) menu or hwinfo from a console, 1366x768 mode is not listed. The closest that gets listed is 1360 x 768. Wonder if Sony has deliberately put in a panel with a non-standard timing and that is the reason why we are facing such problems with the nvidia drivers.

I have attached the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz and output of hwinfo herewith.

Does anyone have any idea how to get nvidia's attention to these series of problems on G210M chipset based laptops, especially with the 1366 x 768 lcd panels, so they could investigate and provide a proper solution?

Personally, just can't digest the fact that there is such wonderful hardware in the laptop but I still can't use it.

I hope these problems on G210M chipset are resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
Radha,
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (58.7 KB, 52 views)
sradhakrishna is offline   Reply With Quote