Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-07, 02:05 PM   #13
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Opinions from console afficianado's

Yah, definitely need the force feedback

I am only playing 2 sims right now on the PC and w/o the feedback, it feels bland

GT will have force feedback right?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 02:09 PM   #14
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Are you able to connect regular wheels, like the Logitech G-25 to the Xbox or the PS3?

I haven't particularly liked some of the peripherals I have seen on the market and I was under the impression you were able to connect 3'rd party usb products to these consoles.

Forza does sound good
The PS3 works fine with any logitech wheel, and probably works well with others. I don't think any games support the G25 natively, but you can always set it as a DFP and everything works good. There aren't any games I'm aware of that will use the clutch + h-gate though. This will probably change in the future since everything is still new. I can check the demo of DiRT and see if it is listed or not. Nope, I don't even see a wheel setting in DiRT.

I probably use my PS3 for a BD / DVD player more than gaming since the HD movies look great, and there is a noticeable difference in upscaled dvd's. You probably already have a player for that though.

I also like the ability to use the KB and mouse with it. I have a logitech MX5000 bluetooth setup and you can pair both of them directly with the PS3 so you don't need the dongle. This makes it a lot easier to send a message to someone or if you want to surf the net really quick, you can do so.

Halo 3 would be a good reason to pick the 360 over the PS3, but with UT3, COD4, and a few other games right around the corner you might use the PS3 more. I've also heard that Forza is a pretty good game, so that would be a plus for the 360.

My other question is did you have a console before or still do? Otherwise it might make a difference if there are some older games for either one that you'd love to try out.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 02:11 PM   #15
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Yah, definitely need the force feedback

I am only playing 2 sims right now on the PC and w/o the feedback, it feels bland

GT will have force feedback right?

All Gran Turismos have force feedback provided you have something that supports it. The PS3 controller do not have the motor in them, but I know I've tried before and if you use one of the USB to Playstation adapters and a PS2 controller you'll have force feedback on any game that supports it. My DFP also provides force feedback in all of the GT games I have (Only one I don't have is GT2).
Old 08-26-07, 02:13 PM   #16
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I prefer the 360 since I am a big fan of the controller.

The PS3 controller is ok but feels really light to me.
Yea, it is lighter than the PS2 one for sure. I actually like that it is a little lighter though. The biggest thing that took me a few weeks to get used to is the lack of a cord, so I kept trying to move it out of the way but it wasn't there.
Old 08-26-07, 02:16 PM   #17
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
The biggest thing that took me a few weeks to get used to is the lack of a cord, so I kept trying to move it out of the way but it wasn't there.
Allmost like loosing a limb,you still think its there sometimes

500 \o/
Old 08-26-07, 02:25 PM   #18
|MaguS|

Warhawk this week is a good reason aswell!
Old 08-26-07, 02:33 PM   #19
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I'm the biggest PS3 fan and I think its a better console design and feature wise but if its all about the games I would get the 360 and maybe pick up a PS3 sometime next year. Picked up one this week with Bioshock because of the PC drama and its been great so far. If anything its just going to be for exclusives like Halo3, Mass Effect and Ace Combat6. Yeah it will red ring in a few months but the 3 year warranty makes it almost ok.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 03:26 PM   #20
MowTin

I recently got a 360 as a gift. I probably would never have bought it myself because I'm a PC fanboy. Well, I now have a new appreciation for the joy of playing on a couch in front of a large screen tv. Cinematic games become even more cinematic. Mostly because my HT sound system is so much better than my $50 PC speakers.

I say get the 360 because of GoW. It's just an amazing game. A friend of mine came over and played it and immediately went out to buy a 360--it's that good.

Next: Unreal Engine games run better on the 360 according to Mark Rein. At least, that's what people claim. Supposedly 360's memory architecture allows game programmers more memory.

Also, people will target their builds and testing for the 360 and the PORT to the PS3 and PC.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-07, 03:27 PM   #21
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
I'm the biggest PS3 fan and I think its a better console design
FYI: The PS3 system design blows rabid goat ass, and Ken would have known this should he have bothered to ask any developer before hand. Thank god we have Jack Trenton now.

Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 03:33 PM   #22
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
FYI: The PS3 system design blows rabid goat ass, and Ken would have known this should he have bothered to ask any developer before hand. Thank god we have Jack Trenton now.

I know people hate hearing this and always dismiss it but its more feature and future proof than any other console.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 04:33 PM   #23
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Next: Unreal Engine games run better on the 360 according to Mark Rein. At least, that's what people claim. Supposedly 360's memory architecture allows game programmers more memory.

Also, people will target their builds and testing for the 360 and the PORT to the PS3 and PC.
I don't believe Mark Rein ever said that. Besides, how many UE games are on PS3 right now?

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 08:21 PM   #24
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
I know people hate hearing this and always dismiss it but its more feature and future proof than any other console.
Other than the blueray drive, how so?
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote