Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-07, 08:30 PM   #49
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Default Re: Opinions from console afficianado's

If you really have to get a console, get a PS3, because it can play PS2/PS games and will have the best library eventually.

Though, if you ask me, all the current consoles suck. I'm planning on waiting on price drops on all 3 of the systems before I actually buy one. My computer and all my emus will last me literally forever.
Old 08-27-07, 08:33 PM   #50
|MaguS|

There are so many PS2 titles out there that are must play that a PS3 would always find a use... you can see it as a PS2 with a very promising future if you must, LOL.
Old 08-27-07, 11:02 PM   #51
Lyme

Or you could buy a PS2 for 1/3rd the price and still play all the ps2 and ps1 titles!
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 11:14 PM   #52
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Or you could buy a PS2 for 1/3rd the price and still play all the ps2 and ps1 titles!
Yet for investing that other 2/3rds in the PS3 you get another game console (3 in 1) plus a Blu-Ray player and a media center...
Old 08-27-07, 11:14 PM   #53
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yet for investing that other 2/3rds in the PS3 you get another game console (3 in 1) plus a Blu-Ray player and a media center...
But is it really worth it? http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=15259
Old 08-27-07, 11:18 PM   #54
3DBrad

Get PS3 so you can have UT3 in November on PC or PS3, and get Gears of War on the PC.
Old 08-27-07, 11:19 PM   #55
|MaguS|

Quote:
Yes it is. The PS2 is still going strong and by getting a PS3 you can play some of the greatest games in the last 5+ years aswell have the ability to play some current and upcoming great games. Unless there are X360 titles you NEED to play the PS3 is a very good system to invest in.

Don't get me wrong if someone has no interest at all at the back catalog and only wants to play current games the X360 is a great choice but someone who wants to experiance all the greats I think the PS3 is a better choice. Especially if they are a fan of the Sony Exclusives...

The Ps2 has more titles coming out this winter then all the other consoles... and alot of them are new exclusive titles... not just ports.
Old 08-27-07, 11:27 PM   #56
Lyme

Quote:
The Ps2 has more titles coming out this winter then all the other consoles... and alot of them are new exclusive titles... not just ports.
Oddly the article I linked disagrees with your statement. "With almost no big PlayStation 2 software on the schedule for Fall 2007, Sony will have to move quickly to encourage its existing base of users to upgrade."

Old 08-27-07, 11:30 PM   #57
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Buy Infinium Labs' Phantom.

Quote:
I'm honestly surprised sports games, especially football games, sell so well. What kind of SHEEP does it take to purchase the exact same game(s) in the form of annual "updates?" I can't even count how many football games there are.

Count me down for a real game of football, but never will you see me playing a football video game other than Blitz64. Never.

GO MADDEN

Old 08-27-07, 11:33 PM   #58
|MaguS|

Key word is "big"... there are no Final Fantasys or Metal Gears coming out but there are still good games coming out this winter.
Old 08-27-07, 11:48 PM   #59
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Quote:
there are no Final Fantasys
That's what hurts the PS3 the most for me. I would jump if Squenix would hurry up and confirm their backing of the PS3. Wherever they go, I go.

Because where Squenix goes, then all the other J-RPG creators go.. and most of those games are great plays. (take the NES, SNES, PS, and PS2 for examples)

Just a shame all the good games aren't all conveniently gathered together on one system like they were in the 16-bit days. (don't get me wrong I love Sonic, Vectorman, and a couple other Gen games too, but SNES smokes it in terms of library content)

At the current rate things are going though, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/spla...dragonxbox360/ (Hironobu Sakaguchi)I may just have to jump on the 360 band wagon.
Old 08-27-07, 11:51 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
That's what hurts the PS3 the most for me. I would jump if Squenix would hurry up and confirm their backing of the PS3. Wherever they go, I go.
You mean annoucing two exclusive Final Fantasy games is not backing the console? Im still waiting for them to admit that they are working on a remake for Final Fantasy VII...