Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-07, 12:15 AM   #61
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Default Re: Opinions from console afficianado's

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
You mean annoucing two exclusive Final Fantasy games is not backing the console? Im still waiting for them to admit that they are working on a remake for Final Fantasy VII...

I'm digging for an interview I read in a (semi?) recent GI with Yoshinori Kitase saying he was uncertain of FFXIII being an exclusive. I THINK that's what he said... but it may have changed. I'm still probably going to buy a PS3... Squenix just determines the magnitude of the strike.

I don't want them to remake VII. Look at what they have already done to it... AC's just one long hour of fan ****-suckery. Now they're spewing out little mini-sequels (or planned to... haven't followed through cuz I honestly don't care)

and X...

LOL

What's next? FFVI-2?

The former heroes contract Geostigma and KEFKA-X becomes a pop star? YEAH.

EDIT: btw magus if you're an FFVI fan, you HAVE to play this: (put it in the FF3 (us) ROM directory. If you use SNES9x, it will auto patch the hack to the ROM when it loads... otherwise you'll have to patch it manually if you use zsnes)

http://www.zophar.net/hacks/files/Ff3omnispoof.zip

It was one of the funniest things I've EVER seen. The creator changed all the text lines via hex editing to make it pure comedy.
Old 08-28-07, 10:21 AM   #62
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
I'm digging for an interview I read in a (semi?) recent GI with Yoshinori Kitase saying he was uncertain of FFXIII being an exclusive. I THINK that's what he said... but it may have changed. I'm still probably going to buy a PS3... Squenix just determines the magnitude of the strike.
Both announced FFXIII titles for the consoles are exclusive to the PS3. What was said was that they don't know if Crystalis would be (thats what they are calling the universe of FFXIII). But they did go on the record and say that they have nothing in development from the FF universe coming to the X360.
Old 08-28-07, 11:25 AM   #63
Lyme

I'll back up what Magus said with a little clarification of my own. Square has said that the two announced FF games are for the PS3, the new title that they announced is cross platform, and that they have not decided on which platforms future titles will be for.

In addition Square has said this time around that they would be much less committed to one console and would be bringing loving to all that they could. You also need to realize that most Square games take 3+ years to develop, so the currently announced FF games have been in development quite a while already.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I read Square saying the two FF games in development are exclusive, however at the time they said they were not in development for the 360. Basicly, that kind of statement leaves them open to porting it.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 11:27 AM   #64
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

So which one are you getting Sazar?
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 03:49 PM   #65
muaddib

I would get the 360 just because of Mass Effect (I totally hate anything related to RPGs, but this one can played as FPS!), Halo 3 and Halo Wars. But on the other side, the PS3 have Resistance (and the sequel), Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Killzone 2 and a New Jak (these are sure to remain PS3 exclusives forever, and Sony owns Naughty Dog and Insomniac, which IMO are the best two companies ever).
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 04:40 PM   #66
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
I would get the 360 just because of Mass Effect (I totally hate anything related to RPGs, but this one can played as FPS!), Halo 3 and Halo Wars. But on the other side, the PS3 have Resistance (and the sequel), Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Killzone 2 and a New Jak (these are sure to remain PS3 exclusives forever, and Sony owns Naughty Dog and Insomniac, which IMO are the best two companies ever).
Hmm...not sure on the new Jak title. I'd love to get my hopes up and say that it's coming but until something official I'm not going to even think about it. Hopefully ND does what Insomniac is doing, Uncharted this year, Jak and Daxter next year. That would be great.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 05:57 PM   #67
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

^ I think Jak 3 was supposed to be the last. It wasn't, so JakX and the PSP Daxter were the last of them. There's not really anything else they can do with the plot, other than heavenforbid turning it into a Nintendo/Capcom/Sega franchise.

Though I must say, the 3 Jak games are plenty awesome to play through again.
Old 08-28-07, 07:40 PM   #68
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
So which one are you getting Sazar?
Not sure yet.

Waiting for this weekend. I'll have a few extra grand to play around with and will decide then I spose.

Honestly, I am leaning towards grabbing a PS3 and picking up the new Xbox (65nm for cpu and gpu) when that debuts. But, Halo3 beckons
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-07, 08:13 PM   #69
gravioli

If you are interested in buying a console, I'm guessing that you want to play games on it. Therefore, the best option right now is the 360. If you are willing to wait a year, the PS3 might be your best option.

If you go with a 360, you should definitely get one with HDMI. Sure, you can use VGA or component, but not all TVs support 1080p VGA or component. I own a 60" Sony HDTV and I was very disappointed when I found out that I could only get 1080p over HDMI.

However, none of this matters if you primarily want to use your console to fold. That's an easy choice. Get a PS3.
Old 08-28-07, 08:17 PM   #70
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
If you are interested in buying a console, I'm guessing that you want to play games on it. Therefore, the best option right now is the 360. If you are willing to wait a year, the PS3 might be your best option.
Why do you have to be willing to wait a year to get a PS3? There are going to be great games for it this winter and early next year...
Old 08-28-07, 08:56 PM   #71
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Gran Turismo 5 probably won't come out for another year, so I'll be waiting another year before I buy a PS3.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 11:23 PM   #72
gravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Why do you have to be willing to wait a year to get a PS3? There are going to be great games for it this winter and early next year...
There is no guarantee that the PS3 will have great games this winter or early next year. There will be games released, but we won't know if they are great until then. Conversely, right now anyone can run to their local Walmart and pick up some excellent games for the 360. Immediate satisfaction.