Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-07, 10:24 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default 2K Addresses Further Bioshock Concerns

In addition to Players' complains about Bioshock being cropped in widescreen mode, Bioshock players have also complained about its invasive copy protection and restrictive activation process.

2K games was quick to answer all their fans' criticism in a lengthy statement:
" We have been reading and listening to your frustrations over SecuROM, PC activation problems, and technical support issues since BioShock launched on Tuesday, and we've devised a plan to help.

Starting immediately, we will be upping the activation count to a 5 by 5 plan. We will be raising the maximum amount of computers a user can have BioShock installed on simultaneously from 2 to 5, and allowing a user to reinstall BioShock on each of those computers from 3 times to 5 times. Also, we have in the works a revoke tool which you will be able to run on your machine if you want to free up that key and move it to to another computer (this works very much like Steam or iTunes system). We are also working with SecuROM and 2K customer service, so that when you do need to call in support problems, you get answers to your questions faster, without much waiting or being bounced around. SecuROM has been given much more autonomy to help fix your problems quickly and effectively. I am personally sorry for anyone who got bounced around in the past couple days (I even think I contributed to this problem) and we're going to make sure that does not happen in the future.

As for other technical issues, we are bringing on a team of tech support that will be on the 2K forums 24/7 to help people resolve their technical issues. Our QA guys are in the offices and on the forums, too, reproducing issues and looking for workarounds and compiling information that they can put towards making you a patch and updating the knowledge base.

Also, we are aware that our activation server went down last night, stopping some of you from finishing your installs. The server is up and running now and we have corrected the problem that caused that crash.

Finally, we have released a FAQ, which you can view in full below (and will also be posted on the 2K Forums in the Technical Support area) that will help clear up a lot of questions and misinformation that has been floating around about SecuROM and PC activation.

And as for widescreen, we also want to say we completely understand a user's desire to augment their FOV. BioShock is a harrowing experience, but we don't want anyone to feel limited (or motion sick!). So we are in the process of working on an official PC patch to give widescreen PC users a choice to expand their horizontal FOV, and are investigating creating a similar update for the 360.

And finally, I want to personally congratulate Racer_S from the Widescreen Gaming Forums, and his awesome user patch to expand the widescreen FOV in BioShock. I'm currently tracking him down via email, but hopefully, he'll accept my gratitude, and maybe an Nvidia 8800 to boot."

On another note, 2k games noticed that their support phone numbers were incorrectly printed in BioShock's manual. Here are the correct numbers:
US Support
Phone: 1-866-219-9839
Email: usa@take2support.com
Canadian Support
Phone: 1-800-638-0127
Email: canada@take2support.com
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 10:28 AM   #2
3DBrad

Default Re: 2K Addresses Further Bioshock Concerns

I think this has already been posted/discussed.
Old 08-27-07, 10:29 AM   #3
hirantha
SUC SUDO

i haven't had a single problem after installing this game, but i'm glad they quickly addressed the issues.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 02:42 PM   #4
ASUSEN7900GTX

this is what UBI would´ve done for Splinter cell DA and fixed the issues but no instead they jum on a new Splinter cell not learning from their previous disater.

UBI needs to learn from companies like "K and to somewhat those who gave us stalker

this is a good thing for 2K now some patches are coming and perhpas i will install it after all
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 02:49 PM   #5
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I'm still trying to find out how the uninstall thing affects steam... Do i have to uninstall steam to deactivate my key?
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 04:39 PM   #6
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf
I'm still trying to find out how the uninstall thing affects steam... Do i have to uninstall steam to deactivate my key?
No you right click on BioShock in your games list in Steam and go to "delete local content" and you're done.

Hopefully they'll be adding a new option "activate" and "deactivate"
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote