Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-02, 04:09 AM   #1
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Default nVidia NV30, a Perspective on Rumors

From Lost Circuits

http://www.lostcircuits.com/video/nvidia_nv30/

Quote:
Bottom line is that we can almost guarantee that there will be NV30 on the shelves in December but those may not be representative for the mass production that, if everything goes well, can be expected in February.
Ah well... another take on the situation
druga runda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-02, 07:10 AM   #2
StealthHawk

i think that has been the basic take around here and on the net. limited quantities(but perhaps enough to satiate the low demand of a high end card) before the end of '02, with volume picking up in '03 and probably the introduction of a ti4200-esque version of NV30
Old 08-21-02, 07:43 AM   #3
Philibob

Send a message via ICQ to Philibob Send a message via AIM to Philibob

What do they mean be mass-production? millions of people aren't going to run out to buy a £300-400 card as soon as it hits the shelves.
Philibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-02, 09:01 AM   #4
Fotis
Radeforce GTX7970

And we have to concider an other thing too.Saying a card will be available in stores in august for example ii means Usa.Europe and the rest of the world get it about a month later.
(radeon 9700 for example)
So if nv30 hits retail in december it's probably 2003 for europe!!!
Fotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-02, 01:01 PM   #5
robert60446

…And the day will come, when NV30 will rise from ashes, and the dark shade will cover Ati user faces…then sudden silence around the world, will be killed by scream from their throats. Scream of pain and powerlessness…Just be patient…
Old 08-21-02, 01:02 PM   #6
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Quote:
Originally posted by Fotis
And we have to concider an other thing too.Saying a card will be available in stores in august for example ii means Usa.Europe and the rest of the world get it about a month later.
(radeon 9700 for example)
So if nv30 hits retail in december it's probably 2003 for europe!!!
Yes with Elsa and Visiontek out... who is the main European distributor now? Leadtek? Asus?

I got my MSI card, but they were rather rare at the time I got mine.
Old 08-21-02, 02:44 PM   #7
Fotis
Radeforce GTX7970

Quote:
Originally posted by druga runda

Yes with Elsa and Visiontek out... who is the main European distributor now? Leadtek? Asus?

I got my MSI card, but they were rather rare at the time I got mine.
Got a link for you.Some good news for europeans who want to buy a Radeon 9700.
www.theinquirer.net/?article=5067
Fotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-02, 03:01 PM   #8
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

I think an important inference from that editorial is that if NVIDIA decides to put "whatever" it has in boxes and on shelves for Christmas, they will likely have bugs in hardware. Functions not working properly or at all, speed reduced because of driver work-arounds for faulty logic elements, etc. (In other words, picture the first GF3 boards and then imagine the situation being many times worse).

Personally, I think there will be reviews by December, but I doubt the card will be available for purchase.
Bigus Dickus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-02, 06:37 PM   #9
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Quote:
Originally posted by Fotis

Got a link for you.Some good news for europeans who want to buy a Radeon 9700.
www.theinquirer.net/?article=5067
Yes I have heard of connec3D R9700 the same as saphire.. never heard of, but ATI managed to find those guys somehow.

it is here:http://www.blisware.com/all_products_atigraphics.htm

at £312 in VAT and delivery.

I would hope for 40£ less in a couple of weeks.

Parhelia can be found for £273 in VAT, and it is a $400 recommended as well.
Old 08-22-02, 07:34 AM   #10
robert60446

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
I think an important inference from that editorial is that if NVIDIA decides to put "whatever" it has in boxes and on shelves for Christmas, they will likely have bugs in hardware. Functions not working properly or at all, speed reduced because of driver work-arounds for faulty logic elements, etc. (In other words, picture the first GF3 boards and then imagine the situation being many times worse).

Personally, I think there will be reviews by December, but I doubt the card will be available for purchase.
Bigus Dickus, you are destroying my faith in Nvidia…. But wait… nooooooo! I know who you are! You are a traitor! How much Ati is paying you for your negative NV30 propaganda?
Old 08-22-02, 10:41 AM   #11
Bigus Dickus
GF7 FX Ti 12800 SE Ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by robert60446

Bigus Dickus, you are destroying my faith in Nvidia…. But wait… nooooooo! I know who you are! You are a traitor! How much Ati is paying you for your negative NV30 propaganda?
LOL, ATI paying someone for propaganda... I'm sure that's where Anand and Tom make their money from.

I'm just staiting my personal opinion, based on what little evidence and facts we have. Take it however you wish.
Bigus Dickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-02, 11:00 AM   #12
SnakeEyes

Send a message via ICQ to SnakeEyes
Lightbulb

Hmm.. Seems more based on the personal opinion side than on facts. There were some bugs in the original GF3 hardware, but nothing so serious as you make it sound. Just as I'm willing to bet there are some in the 9700 hardware right now (of course, we don't know about em yet, since nobody's had long-term experience with released hardware yet). It's a fact of life with computer hardware and software.

In that respect, I doubt nV3x will be any worse than 9700. I'm more concerned with driver issues, since nV's faced with a total rewrite for the totally (supposedly) new architecture. ATI seems to have done very well with the 9700 in this regard (from the limited facts we have based on reviews and previews), especially given their driver history. It's gonna take seeing the reviews and previews (and then user experiences) to say whether or not nV does so well or not.. All the speculation in the world can't say what nV30's really going to be like.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. (Who knows, maybe those of you that jump on the 9700 now will be able to say "NYAH NYAH. Told ya so.", and then again..)