Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-10-07, 04:10 AM   #13
pe1chl

Default Re: Fullscreen video overlay to TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark
That would sound like a solution that may be the best workaround for me.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of X server configuration experience, and don't know how to setup a second X session like that.
Could you please give a simple example?
I think what he suggests is not possible. Probably the suggestion was that nvidia should make that possible.
As it is now, a single nvidia card can only be controlled by a single X server, and as far as I know this means the cursor will always move over between screens.
The configuration commands for this are described in appendix P of the README file.
pe1chl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 11:03 AM   #14
Sithlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP
There are no plans to implement that sort of functionality in the drivers currently, but knowing that users would like it helps prioritize future development.

That said, I strongly believe that this sort of feature belongs in the media players themselves, rather than in the driver.
That would be a very nice feature. To make it simple, I would think about an ENV variable that nVidia libs would intercept. This way, it would be transparent to all players.

The ENV var could look like this :

NVIDIA_FULLSCREEN_OVERLAY="DISPLAY:<token>,<option s>"

DISPLAY:<standard display spec> (ie: localhost:1.0)
or
DISPLAY:TV (to use the TV-Out dongle)

and <options> could look like options in xorg.conf such as :

TVStandard:PAL-B,TVOutFormat:SVIDEO,...

For example, a single desktop (screen) user wanting to watch a movie on his TV would launch :

NVIDIA_FULLSCREEN_OVERLAY="DISPLAY:TV,TVStandard:P AL-B,TVOutFormat:SVIDEO" mplayer -vo xv /path/to/movie

Of course, an option in xorg.conf allowing permanent fullscreen overlay for people wanting it would have sense.
Sithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 06:58 PM   #15
exactt

FYI: something like that should be possible using totem and nvtv. have a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...em/+bug/218454 and http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=528332 for more information.
exactt is offline   Reply With Quote