Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-06-07, 10:27 PM   #85
3DBrad

Default Re: Official Medal of Honor: Airborne Full Version Feedback Thread

Well, at least you can fix it in MOH:A.

Here's a new screenshot, with 16x anti-aliasing.
Old 09-06-07, 10:42 PM   #86
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Hows MP? Is it anything resembling MOHAA at all?
Old 09-06-07, 10:45 PM   #87
3DBrad

It's great thus far. There are a few issues (the spawn points are too few), and the current lag is also annoying, however the new patch supposedly being released around the 17th should help this (dedicated servers).
Old 09-06-07, 11:07 PM   #88
Eliminator
The Man With Brisk

ok i can confirm that widescreen is not supported like in the demo.... 2 ways to fix this

the Default FOV is 80

Widescreen FOV should be:
5:4 = 76.4
16:9 = 96.4
16:10 = 90.4

2 ways to fix this:
1) add -enableconsole to the shortcut, load saved game, press ~ and type fov 90.4
to reset simply type fov or fov 80
2) bind a key:
open C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\EA Games\Medal of Honor Airborne(tm)\Config
open file MOHAInput.ini and under [MOHAGame.MOHAPlayerInput] put in:
Quote:
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="fov 90.4",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,IsRebind able=False,BindPos2=True,MOHAConsoleBinding=False)
where as multiply can be changed to any key of your choice

also to view FPS you can bind it like so:
Quote:
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="stat fps",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,IsRebinda ble=False,BindPos2=True,MOHAConsoleBinding=False)
also to skip the intro video simply rename or move the file MOHA_Shell_EAID.vp6 under \UnrealEngine3\MOHAGame\CookedMovies

EDIT: rebindable is a whole word (forum layout at fault here)
BFG GTX 280 OC2 1GB @ 729/1512/2538
Dell 2405FPW 24"
3DMark: Vantage - P15397 | 06 - 18734
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 02:26 AM   #89
VegasDen

Just curious...in enlarging the FOV could it trigger a Punkbuster kick once multiplayer starts up? You are getting a much larger FOV than a person with a standard screen...thus some may say an unfair advantage.

I have a widescreen monitor but not the game yet.
VegasDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 03:19 AM   #90
ASUSEN7900GTX

i“cuorious does anyone seem there are some weird stuff with the "bioshock" drivers? in Lostplanet at times in Moha airborne?

well when starting a new game or the performance test in Lost planet teh loading grpahics look lik 256bit color before changing so i wonder what of all Nvidia drivers should i use for general gaming as the 163.44 i think are beta they may increase gameply here and there but then again they may give some wierd stuff.

well what AA settings in Nhancer do you prefer? for this game and others?

well as for the game i“m on the first mission wich i played in the demo and i still like this game alot indeed
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 05:19 AM   #91
saguy

Default Re: Medal of Honor: Airborne fullgame feedback:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Can anybody tell me if this game spawns infinite bad guys until you cross and invisible line like COD2?
That is something I hated about COD2 and why I have never finished the game. It is the lasiest cheapest gameplay trick in the book.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 06:26 AM   #92
Sectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Can anybody tell me if this game spawns infinite bad guys until you cross and invisible line like COD2?
I haven't seen this happen at all. There's been times I've just decided to stay on a roof top and snipe enemies, and each time I've been able to kill everybody at one specific place... they didn't keep respawning.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-07, 07:03 AM   #93
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

Gamespot gave it a 7.0 out of 10

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/me...summary;review

The multiplayer isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's quite good and adds some value to an otherwise short game. If you're tired of the genre, Airborne won't do anything to change your mind, but if you're looking to fight for the Allied cause yet again, it's a worthy tour of duty.
Old 09-07-07, 07:07 AM   #94
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectus
I haven't seen this happen at all. There's been times I've just decided to stay on a roof top and snipe enemies, and each time I've been able to kill everybody at one specific place... they didn't keep respawning.
it happens in the demo. i noticed that in the town hall/major house. I was standing in one place and suddendly nazi just popped out of thin air.
Old 09-07-07, 07:25 AM   #95
Sectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
it happens in the demo. i noticed that in the town hall/major house. I was standing in one place and suddendly nazi just popped out of thin air.
Well, I've seen the game add a few incoming enemies to the scene. But I haven't seen any place where they kept respawning.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 10:20 AM   #96
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I love COD2, and I can backup the claim that there is (mostly) no use of infinite spawning tricks. I play defensively and like to sniper when I can, and there were many times where I ran out of bodies to kill.

Airborne on the other hand, seems to have a bit of controlled spawning. Usually when the game does NOT want you to enter via an area, they will spawn zerg you. For instance, and I was abit dissapointed in this, at the end of the first level, you have to charge a capitol building (actually, a tower just to the side of it) and kill 3 (4?) generals. Most noteably, if you die and respawn at the last save point, you are absolutly alone in the level untill you walk in range of the building, and then a battle will spawn before you eyes. Unfortunately out of the 3 ways I found to attack this scenario, the game only allows one. Namely, if I tried to run guns blazing and try to enter via the front, the enemies overwealm you, they just keep pouring out and your friendly don't gain ground or follow you around. If you take the sniper rifle to the rooftops, its actually worse, cause you have enemies spawning, but friendlys don't spawn. It wasn't till I found a passage to a back door that I could get in (and it was only me, none of my team mates would follow with me).

So, the free fighting is quite similar to cod, but scripted events and scenarios run abit differently.