Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-07, 09:26 AM   #97
Spike21
*BANNED*

Default Re: Official Medal of Honor: Airborne Full Version Feedback Thread

Medal of Honor: Airborne $39.99 http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modul...&topic=33883&0
Spike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 11:51 AM   #98
technoid

How does Airborne run on an older card like a 6800GT. My nephew has a P4 2.8 GIG with 1 GIG of RAM and a 6800GT and says the demo is running about 16 to 20 fps. I told him to try new drives but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has experience with a system like that. He tried it at 1280x1024 on high and 1024x768 on medium and still got low frame rates. So if anyone has tried it on a lower system let me know, Thanks!
Old 09-07-07, 03:56 PM   #99
Blade
It's just a ride....

Game luvs 2gb ram as a minimum, my buddy runs it on a 6800GT with 2Gb on an ol'e XP3200 @ 1024x768, details med/high & it runs sweet.

fyi, i think mp is awsome.
Old 09-07-07, 04:52 PM   #100
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
Airborne on the other hand, seems to have a bit of controlled spawning. Usually when the game does NOT want you to enter via an area, they will spawn zerg you. For instance, and I was abit dissapointed in this, at the end of the first level, you have to charge a capitol building (actually, a tower just to the side of it) and kill 3 (4?) generals. Most noteably, if you die and respawn at the last save point, you are absolutly alone in the level untill you walk in range of the building, and then a battle will spawn before you eyes. Unfortunately out of the 3 ways I found to attack this scenario, the game only allows one. Namely, if I tried to run guns blazing and try to enter via the front, the enemies overwealm you, they just keep pouring out and your friendly don't gain ground or follow you around. If you take the sniper rifle to the rooftops, its actually worse, cause you have enemies spawning, but friendlys don't spawn. It wasn't till I found a passage to a back door that I could get in (and it was only me, none of my team mates would follow with me).
I ran right in the front door and killed them all. Well... the side door, but up the front steps.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 05:02 PM   #101
technoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Game luvs 2gb ram as a minimum, my buddy runs it on a 6800GT with 2Gb on an ol'e XP3200 @ 1024x768, details med/high & it runs sweet.

fyi, i think mp is awsome.
Thanks... I'll let him know.
Old 09-07-07, 05:06 PM   #102
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Medal of Honor: Airborne fullgame feedback:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler
Heh, this shot really screams cod2, only without the snow.

But that does not really matter as the gameplay is better(imo)

gameplay better than COD2? oh my god, thats insane. COD2 was awesome
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 05:07 PM   #103
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
I'm currently compressing a video of the ending just in case anyone wants to spoil the ending.

id be interested in the end
Old 09-07-07, 05:37 PM   #104
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectus
Well, I've seen the game add a few incoming enemies to the scene. But I haven't seen any place where they kept respawning.
in the corridor where you go up to the roof, just go forward and backwards few times. And nazis will pop-up from thin air like magic.

Old 09-07-07, 05:39 PM   #105
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
in the corridor where you go up to the roof, just go forward and backwards few times. And nazis will pop-up from thin air like magic.

weak-sauce
Old 09-07-07, 06:06 PM   #106
Sectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
Airborne on the other hand, seems to have a bit of controlled spawning. Usually when the game does NOT want you to enter via an area, they will spawn zerg you. For instance, and I was abit dissapointed in this, at the end of the first level, you have to charge a capitol building (actually, a tower just to the side of it) and kill 3 (4?) generals. Most noteably, if you die and respawn at the last save point, you are absolutly alone in the level untill you walk in range of the building, and then a battle will spawn before you eyes. Unfortunately out of the 3 ways I found to attack this scenario, the game only allows one. Namely, if I tried to run guns blazing and try to enter via the front, the enemies overwealm you, they just keep pouring out and your friendly don't gain ground or follow you around. If you take the sniper rifle to the rooftops, its actually worse, cause you have enemies spawning, but friendlys don't spawn. It wasn't till I found a passage to a back door that I could get in (and it was only me, none of my team mates would follow with me).
I had a different experience on that level. I died near the end in the mansion just after killing one officer. When I respawned the entire map was filled with Italians and Germans.

By the way, I also chose the option to use the sniper rifle to kill enemies at the front... and it worked. I was able to free the entrance, although I encountered lots more enemies inside the mansion.

I think there's more going on behind the scenes than what's apparent. I'm guessing that the game keeps a counter of how enemies there's generally supposed to be. So if you kill lots of enemies early, you'll meet less later on or if you respawn.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 06:18 PM   #107
Sectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
I know that the game will spawn enemies based on the player's position (unlike having all the enemies spawned at the beginning but keeping them inactive like most other games), but this doesn't mean that they keep respawning. This is just the equivalent of activating enemies.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 08:30 PM   #108
3DBrad

New review
http://www.thattechsite.com/vbulleti...?p=359#post359