Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-13-07, 02:54 PM   #625
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Crysis Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz
1. There is no terrain deformation, not even in Direct X 10.

2. Grass does not bend when you walk on or lay down in it; foliage just moves as you walk through it. The only foliage that truly bends against your model is the larger leaves .. all other just has a "shake" animation when you go through it I believe.
Incorrect at least for the SP.. I seen a video where a guy throws a grenade into the foliage, and it blows up and leaves a crater and the grass that was there is gone.
Old 09-13-07, 02:58 PM   #626
Dragunov
Mister Anderson ... !!!

OK SP maybe not, but MP definately
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- WD Caviar 750GB
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL

3D mark 05: 13321

3D Mark 06: 8065
Dragunov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 03:20 PM   #627
Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
Incorrect at least for the SP.. I seen a video where a guy throws a grenade into the foliage, and it blows up and leaves a crater and the grass that was there is gone.
I doubt it. Find me that video, and show me.
Debate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 03:34 PM   #628
Dragunov
Mister Anderson ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Which I find ironic. People are "sort of" complaining about such things with Crysis it seems, yet don't want to fork out the money for a dedicated PPU. Okay, well then why couldn't Crytek have incorporated HavokFX for GPU accelerated physics then? SLi is borked in Vista so atleast with HavokFX I'd have a use for my second 8800GTS. BTW, doesn't the 8800 series have the "Quantum Effects Physics Processor" on 'em? When are we ever going to see a use of that?

See what I'm getting at?
I would buy one if more populare games supported this API
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- WD Caviar 750GB
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL

3D mark 05: 13321

3D Mark 06: 8065
Dragunov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 03:50 PM   #629
madmossy

Dedicated PPU cards like the Ageia PhysX would have done very well if they were released at the right time, unfortunately I think 2005 was just too early. Games just arent complex enough physics wise to really require anything like that.

Once games reach a point in time when reality can be replicated in a virtual environment then yeah physics cards will probably be required. Photorealism is already possible in modern games, the next big step is to reach realism in a motion sense which will be a huge milestone once reached.
madmossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:09 PM   #630
RIK

There you go my little friend Jonelo
This will answer all your MP questions
Crysis rocks!!!
Quote:
Global Crysis Multiplayer Update

Greetings Community!

We would like to take the time and give you a global update on the multiplayer part of Crysis. Since last years’ Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig many things have been changed. Lots of content has been updated, the game play style of the remaining game modes has been modified and quite a few questions from the community are still left to be answered.

This note should give you a solid overview about the current status of our multiplayer and might even prepare you for the upcoming Crysis Beta.

The Expert’s Club

Crytek has set up an “Expert’s Club” to get the most possible feedback about Crysis multiplayer without having the necessity to start a beta. Over 20 hardcore and pro-gamers have been invited to Crytek’s office in Frankfurt once a week over a few months to play-test our multiplayer modes. Their direct feedback and the discussions with the developers after each match gave Crytek and EA an impression what aspects of the multiplayer part needed to be improved and adjusted.

Thanks to the guys from Qantm Institute in Munich, 360.eSports and all the other gamers that participated we were able to make a significant progress and deliver something very unique to the gaming community.

PowerStruggle

This game mode is all about team play and tactics. Capture factories and buildings to gain prestige points which can be spent on weaponry and vehicles. Fight together with your team mates on the server for the ultimate glory and victory which can be accomplished by destroying the enemy headquarter with endgame high-tech weaponry like tactical nukes or Alien technology. To access these endgame weapons you need to have the generator of the research facility loaded at 100% which can be achieved by capturing and holding several Alien crash sites.

PowerStruggle, our main multiplayer mode, has experienced the most dramatic changes since the Games Convention 2006 and the Community Summit in Spring 2007. Thanks to all the feedback from the community we have reworked the very complex mode and tried to make it as accessible as possible without removing the tactical depth.

To give you a small overview here are the most important changes:

* Captured Alien Crash sites automatically transfer energy to the captured Research Facility.
* Energy only charges when the Research Facility and at least one Alien Crash site is captured by one team.
* Overall two stages of charging the reactor are available. At 50% you have basic Alien technology available and at 100% you have the endgame technology available for your team.
* The enemy HQ can be destroyed by TAC Gun, TAC Tank or Singularity Tank only.
* Defensive Turrets do attack enemy infantry and vehicles but do not destroy shells of endgame weaponry anymore.
* HUD has been completely re-designed for a much better overview.
* Overall economy has been modified and improved to guarantee a constant game flow.
* Camouflage Nanosuit mode has been replaced with the Alien cloak mode.

Instant Action

This game mode can be compared to classic death match in general. Due to the Nanosuit being available in multiplayer as well the player will experience a whole new variety of this mode. It is more dramatic, intense and includes a lot more action.

Actually Instant Action has not changed very much. The pace and the variety of how to play this mode are still granted by the Nanosuit functionality. Enough weaponry, attachments and equipment placed throughout the maps encourage players to experience different tactics. Small, medium and large map sizes allow multiplayer fun for each team size.

Team Action

After having the Expert’s Club and many internal sessions with TA we felt that this game mode is not as challenging as we wanted it to be. With the major focus on PowerStruggle we decided to better leave out Team Action since it could not compete in quality anymore. This may be disappointing for some of you, but we can ensure that with PowerStruggle and Instant Action we deliver two high quality multiplayer modes that support both small player numbers and huge battles.

DX9 vs. DX10 – The endless question

To shed some light into one of the most discussed topics regarding Crysis multiplayer I would like to explain you the differences between Crysis MP DX9 and DX10.

As for the DX9 version we won’t have physics and day and night cycle in-game. That means you won’t be able to shoot down trees and/or alter any other objects than vehicles on the map. Additionally the time of day setting doesn’t change dynamically. This is caused due to the tremendous server load such physics might cause on crowded gaming servers. Still you will be able to experience maps with different time of day settings since the maps can be altered in the Sandbox2 Editor.

Rather than providing the community partially working features we limit this for the DX10 version only. Due to the strong hardware available with DX10, server load is less and performance is increased. This ensures the pure physics and day and night cycle experience without any limitation.

Gamers with a DX10 card are able to play on DX9 servers, but with the limitation of the respective server. Vice versa it is not possible for gamers with DX9 cards to play on DX10 servers due to the limited features.

Conclusion

Features come and go – that’s the usual development of a game. With the cut of Team Action we can fully focus on two very strong and competitive game modes. We hope this note provides a good overview and prepares for the upcoming Crysis beta everyone is looking forward to!
Incrysis.com
RIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:17 PM   #631
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

I am not searching through them but I believe it was the one showing of the cryEngine2 itself. It was like a sandbox view I believe... Sorry that you don't believe but perhaps you should find something better to do then call people liars on a forum you just registered for. Find the video yourself.
Old 09-13-07, 04:17 PM   #632
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAD_rule
lol if it was coop I would pay $150 dollars for it.

shame it isnt
Shiat, when wil you people realise that multiplayer games played as a tight knit TEAM are FAR SUPERIOR to any co-op shiat against a pc brain, ain't nothin better than a human opponent.

We're a bunch of 40+ year old gamers that have been playin together since the Delta Force & Quake 2 lan days, tried every co-op game available to date but goin head to head with another good squad is hard to beat.

Infact co-op is like waxing your e-penis infront of others to say "hey i can kill a pc brain faster than you".

Old 09-13-07, 04:19 PM   #633
Danik

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmossy
Dedicated PPU cards like the Ageia PhysX would have done very well if they were released at the right time, unfortunately I think 2005 was just too early. Games just arent complex enough physics wise to really require anything like that.

Once games reach a point in time when reality can be replicated in a virtual environment then yeah physics cards will probably be required. Photorealism is already possible in modern games, the next big step is to reach realism in a motion sense which will be a huge milestone once reached.
Some people don't necessarily agree with this view either because multiple core processors are becoming the way of the future, and physics threads could be loaded on other cores. Although it isn't as efficient, why go through the trouble of adding another add-on card when it's more practical to have more CPU cores. It also gives developers more room to code the physics as they see fit, rather than following the Ageia API or whatever hardware specific functions they use.

Just look at what is happening to sound cards and hardware acceleration for sound in Vista. About the only thing that looks to be staying for quite some time at this point is graphics cards.
Danik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:22 PM   #634
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Wait a minute. Were you in MP or SP? I almost got a wet spot at the idea that this would be co-op but then I realize how stupid that would be...
No, it was just the multiplayer. But we were working together as a team....which is a great experience. Way better than randomly running around by yourself.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:23 PM   #635
SOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Shiat, when wil you people realise that multiplayer games played as a tight knit TEAM are FAR SUPERIOR to any co-op shiat against a pc brain, ain't nothin better than a human opponent.

We're a bunch of 40+ year old gamers that have been playin together since the Delta Force & Quake 2 lan days, tried every co-op game available to date but goin head to head with another good squad is hard to beat.

thats very true mate. Very true indeed.

Maybe you should try my broadband then . Cmon im sure its just as fast as yours at .5 mb with a latency of 600+

reason enough for you?
SOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:24 PM   #636
SOAD

and YOU are a 40+ old gamer. Dosent mean we all are
SOAD is offline   Reply With Quote