Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-13-07, 02:45 PM   #1
ralinn
Masters

Default Heavenly Sword Feedback

Heeeeeeey, new game!!1

Anyway, I received my copy today and I've just got back from work so I'm gonna give it a whirl now. I'll post up what I think ASAP, feel free to join in of course!

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:06 PM   #2
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Default Re: Heavenly Sword Feedback

I was looking into this game... it didn't particularly stand out to me as a system seller (looks like a Dynasty Warriors+Chaos Legion hybrid... straight down to the artwork)

But if it's any good I may have to jump on PS3. AC4, VF5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (never owned Xbox), Lair (hey, it at least looks cool) and the future holds promise...

I'll check up on this thread.
Old 09-13-07, 04:33 PM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Bought it at lunch and have been playing a few hours now... pretty much raped any chance of getting sleep before work tonight... but so far... amazing game. The graphics are insane and the game just has an amazing feeling... the first part is so awesome and it has so many things on screen at once.

Well worth the 60 bucks and I can't wait to play some more after I get off work tomorrow and deprive myself of even more sleep.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 04:56 PM   #4
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

how stupid of me. I forgot to clear my gamefly queue of PS3 games. Today when I went home for lunch, what do I find in the mailbox...yes, Heavenly Sword...put it back in the envelope , selaed it and sent it back.
Old 09-13-07, 04:56 PM   #5
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Bought it at lunch and have been playing a few hours now... pretty much raped any chance of getting sleep before work tonight... but so far... amazing game. The graphics are insane and the game just has an amazing feeling... the first part is so awesome and it has so many things on screen at once.

Well worth the 60 bucks and I can't wait to play some more after I get off work tomorrow and deprive myself of even more sleep.
i have my copy coming next week i heard the game was about 6 or seven hours long. As long as it's as good as most people who have played it(like yourself) then thats cool. I've been waiting for this one for awhile
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 05:01 PM   #6
ralinn
Masters

I've liked it so far but the main thing spoiling it for me are the bugs. The framerate makes me cringe at times and the enemy animations are buggy as hell, especially in TSA's. The physics can be pretty buggy at times too, but quite funky when you're seeing things in slow mo using the six axis.

The battle system is pretty good and the tutorial explains it to you slowly but quite well, while not interupting the action too much. This is one thing the demo lacked... it just threw you into fights without explaining how the battle system worked. I think this frightened off a lot of players as it seemed really difficult and weird when thrown in over your head. It's much better when everything is explained beforehand.

The cutscenes are amazing and I'm really getting into the story. It's definitely one of the prettiest games for the PS3 as well.

The puzzles I've come across so far are insulting my intelligence quite a bit though. They're... really... crap...

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 05:35 PM   #7
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

I just can't see myself paying $10 an hour to play this game (6 hrs playtime for a $60 game). Just my opinion of course.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 06:29 PM   #8
christos

Quote:
I just can't see myself paying $10 an hour to play this game (6 hrs playtime for a $60 game). Just my opinion of course.
Does the game self destruct after you complete it and not allow you to ever replay it again? How would your equation work for a game like geometry wars since it really only has 1 level?

What happened to the old days when we played games to have fun.
christos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-07, 06:33 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos

Who the **** does that?!
Old 09-13-07, 06:37 PM   #10
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos
Does the game self destruct after you complete it and not allow you to ever replay it again? How would your equation work for a game like geometry wars since it really only has 1 level?

If you can somehow find replay value with this title then more power to you but with no multiplayer to speak of and the extremely short game length this game is more of a rental then a keeper.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 06:53 PM   #11
Zelda_fan

See it's games like this that get my hopes up for the PS3. Good graphics. Great art style. Then I find out the gameplay is as deep as a fishbowl and it's six hours long and my hope goes *poof* just like that.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 06:56 PM   #12
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
See it's games like this that get my hopes up for the PS3. Good graphics. Great art style. Then I find out the gameplay is as deep as a fishbowl and it's six hours long and my hope goes *poof* just like that.
Hmm most people say the gameplay is great... the real downfall of the game is just its length... Hell they even say that the game uses the sixaxis controller well.

Hopefully they will get funding for a sequel and fix the length issue.