Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-08-03, 06:27 AM   #1
kahuna0k

Default Light problems with Unreal Tournament

Hello,

I've been trying Unreal Tournament for Linux (not UT2003), and I found that all the textures but the players' are really dark, as if no lights were being rendering. If I change the gamma settings (in UT preferences panel) only the players textures are affected. Any idea?? I'm using 4349 drivers on a GeForce Ti4400.
kahuna0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-03, 06:30 AM   #2
Wolfman [TWP]
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

What version of UT are you running???

Version 4.36 should fix that up for you as it will allow you to change the contrast, where as the older patches it wouldn't..

Wolf
Wolfman [TWP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 10:07 AM   #3
prower

Default Re:

I can verify that this is occuring :> When I run the game the gamma correction levels in the menus are messed up, for one (if you start the game, then go back to the menu, they're extremely bright). As well, since I got my current card (Geforce 4 MX), I've been having problems with lighting in UT with respect to anything that's blinking rapidly..the area under the blinking lights is extremely distorted at any resolution and color depth I've tried. I'm currently using:

Slackware 9.0 (default kernel)
Geforce 4 MX 440 card (64MB)
NVidia 43.49 drivers (I think that's the right number? The latest ones out, anyway :>)
XFree86 4.3 (default version included with Slack)

The problem also occurs in RTCW now and again..some smoke effects blink on and off rapidly when viewed at certain angles. Hopefully someone will be able to track this down :/ I'd include a screenshot but it blinks so rapidly that it doesn't actually show up :>

Edit: Oh, and I'm using 4.36 :>

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfman [TWP]
What version of UT are you running???

Version 4.36 should fix that up for you as it will allow you to change the contrast, where as the older patches it wouldn't..

Wolf
prower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 12:52 PM   #4
Andy Mecham
l33t master

I'll look into this. Pester me if you haven't heard back in a reasonable amount of time (where reasonable is something longer than 6 hours).

Thanks!

--andy
Old 04-16-03, 01:45 PM   #5
prower

Thanks very much :> I thought I'd include a bit of additional information in case it helps you out any:

Motherboard :ECS K7S5A (Yeah, I know ;> But it did work before)
Memory: 512MB DDR266
Processor: AMD Duron 1300MHz

The video card is AGP8X compliant, my motherboard isn't..don't know if that makes a difference, but even with AGP turned off I got the same results. After trying Quake3 for a while everything seems to be okay, RTCW still has occasional problems with smoke effects blinking a lot.
prower is offline   Reply With Quote