Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-07, 12:58 PM   #61
nVJoe

Default Re: Team Fortress 2 Beta... Now Unlocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopp0x00
So what? Other BETAs I've played didn't have those issues with the menu nor any of these other crashes. They should have delayed the BETA a bit longer to iron out those blatant bugs.

After all, what good is a BETA if you crash to desktop as often as some people have? The whole point is to stress test the game, yet some people can't even get in.
Other betas are not THIS BETA! The crashes them selves give feed back. Are you reporting them? This isn't a time for you to sit back and play it like a demo. You give feed back about your problems. Maybe if people such are your self would help the developer out by giving the feed back YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO WHEN YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE BETA, then we would not get such bug filled games.

I didn't pre-order the game because I did not want to struggle through the beta for this game. I wanted to play the final polished version. You don't like taking part in a beta, then don't take part in it but for HEAVEN'S SAKE! don't cry about it.

I'm sorry but your post makes my head a splode

Why do people go stupid about betas? I don't get it.

Some people have a terrible addiction to breathing.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 01:12 PM   #62
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
It wouldn't be TF if you couldn't. Look at the movies. They have a whole section of soldiers rocket jumping to a ballet tune.
And you called me a noob? No more grenades (except for a demo man), so no more conc jumps.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 01:54 PM   #63
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
And you called me a noob? No more grenades (except for a demo man), so no more conc jumps.
LOL! You were waiting for something to come back at me because I blasted you. LOL

Nice try but I didn't talk about the medics. I think I see the word "soldier" in my response some where...

UDawg 2, MikeHunt 0
Old 09-18-07, 02:07 PM   #64
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
LOL! You were waiting for something to come back at me because I blasted you. LOL

Nice try but I didn't talk about the medics. I think I see the word "soldier" in my response some where...

UDawg 2, MikeHunt 0
holy crap. YOU are Udawg? I would have never guessed it!
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 02:47 PM   #65
Destroy

Repost from a guy on Shacknews, Beady:

"Ill add a few of my own feelings after playing for a while. despite the amount of bad (imo) points, I still like the game, but its not what I expected.

The game runs and looks utterly gorgeous, and the maps are in general well laid out and devoid of unnecessary clutter although the new capture point ones seem to be laid out bass ackwards.

Respawn timer on a TF game just sucks. Its a fast paced game, we shouldn't have to sit around bored, especially when you can walk out of your spawn and into a sentry gun then have to wait 20 seconds to respawn then do it again and again until you can clear the enemies. Not fun.

Sudden death also = borefest. It comes down to either engineers with SG's or heavys, usually being completely boring to watch.

If your losing your spawn timer increases and if your winning it decreases? Again, this shouldn't exist, but I can understand why this was added to make the maps flow faster and eliminate stalemates. But stalemates on non-ctf maps were fun, because eventually one team would breakthrough and the guys who did it would get one hell of a rush. Now you just get steamrolled quickly. Great for small numbers of players on a console, not great on the pc.

Critical hits. So I kill someone, then kill another person, then suddenly I'm doing critical hits and killing people easier? Sure as hell sounds like an awful idea, and in practice it is. Its also something clans will utterly hate, as it makes taking out someone on a 'roll' harder than it naturally should be.

SG's take aaages to upgrade to level 2/3. It wouldn't be so bad if they were actually strong, but they go down quickly too...

Spys killing SG's in about 4 seconds with the sapper. Yay, SG's are already hard to set up and to keep alive, so now spies can kill them by going near and hitting one key! Really really sucks to be an engineer then seeing your SG just die in seconds to some fancy box. Usually impossible to spanner them before it blows. (and the hit detection with the spanner on the SG seems to be hit and miss too) The demo and soldier can already take SG's on pretty well, why make spys the ultimate in SG killing when its so hard to detect them....

Spys no longer bleed when shot by the side they are impersonating. Sounds like it would make the "shoot everyone to see if they are a spy" game in TFC go away? Nope, now everyone shoots everyone else with an ENTIRE CLIP to see if they are a spy, as killing them appears to be the only option to remove the disguise.

The UI. This just screams consolized. Go engineer. Roughly 40% of the screen is filled up with unnecessarily large boxes with info in them. Pull up the constriction PDA, and you lose everything. As ugly as the TFC menu's were, they were functional and the right size.

I do like it, but I really hope valve or modders fix a few of the things above. I can even live without grenades!"

No grenades except for the Demoman. No conc grenades at all. This game sounds like its been dumbed and slowed down. Will judge for myself properly when a demo comes out.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 02:56 PM   #66
nVJoe

Quote:
The UI. This just screams consolized.
HOLY ****! THIS GAME HAS BEEN CONSOLIZED!
O EL O EL WTF!!!!?
Old 09-18-07, 03:47 PM   #67
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

The orange box seems to be a pretty good deal... lots of great games for only 45$
bugmeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 03:50 PM   #68
Phillychuck

I do miss the nades and I hope they add a hunted style map because TFC was the only game I recall playing with that mode.

I feel some games need to look like games to be fun. The post death screen shot thing is neat but already am sick of looking at it.

Game runs fine on my system, I didn't mess with AA/AF but at 1280x1024 I get 50-100+ fps on my $110 card.

Old 09-18-07, 03:55 PM   #69
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I refuse to deal with a game this buggy that will be released in a couple weeks so I opted to get a refund from Valve. If they fix the problems then I'll buy the black box, MAYBE.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 04:05 PM   #70
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

actually they made some good cases for no grenades, namely grenade spam, spamming grenades on death for kills etc, check the commentary there is more there. I think the UI is HUGE, it should be half the size or less. Respawn time is also too long, other than that haven't played enough to judge.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 04:25 PM   #71
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
actually they made some good cases for no grenades, namely grenade spam, spamming grenades on death for kills etc, check the commentary there is more there. I think the UI is HUGE, it should be half the size or less. Respawn time is also too long, other than that haven't played enough to judge.
You mean _Default_ respawn time? I would hope this value can be changed by the server admin.
bugmeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-07, 04:35 PM   #72
malachi1313

They've managed to retain the original gameplay perfectly!! It's also cool you get more than one map. Awesome game!!
malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote