Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Software Development

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-07, 03:21 PM   #1
Logical

Default The best security ?

What is everybodys oppinion of the best security to use on a PHP site ?

I hear Sentinel is quite good. !
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-07, 07:17 PM   #2
evilghost

Default Re: The best security ?

I actually prefer Suhosin as Stephen Esser is the developer of the extension ad was an active developer on the PHP team prior to him leaving due to PHP's lackadaisical approach to security.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 04:51 AM   #3
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 05:18 AM   #4
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
I actually prefer Suhosin as Stephen Esser is the developer of the extension ad was an active developer on the PHP team prior to him leaving due to PHP's lackadaisical approach to security.
Thx evilghost, i'll take a look at it.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 06:38 PM   #5
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

bugmeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 07:03 PM   #6
pross

i run suhosin and suPHP with a good set of mod_security rules... suPHP is the important thing though, it makes php run as the user who owns the files not nobody (mod_php) makes tracking spam/exploits easier.
Old 09-12-07, 07:46 AM   #7
evilghost

I wanted to add mod_chroot as an option as well for a layered security approach. If the webserver is compromised the system won't be if there's a properly chrooted environment.

One thing to note, PHP's mail() function depends on sendmail and/or other binary. The system() and other shell functions depend on a working shell. I statically compiled mini_sendmail for the chrooted environment. I also use busybox-static from the repo's hardlinked into the chrooted environment.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote