Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-07, 02:15 AM   #49
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Default Re: Halo 3

Can Gamespot honestly look you in the face and say this game is better than Metroid Prime 3?

Metroid got an 8.5 because it's inherently a sequel yet it completely revolutionized FPS controls.. Halo 3, which does nothing for the series (similar to how Halo 1 did nothing for the genre, mind you), gets a 9.5. Wow.

Couple this with Gamespot's recent brutality as noted earlier and you have another suspection of shills.
Old 09-24-07, 02:24 AM   #50
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I dont think it will be, IGN pointed out that on Legendary a group of 4 players can beat it in 4 hours or so... makes it seem to me like they didnt actually balance coop. Just tacked it on and kept the game the same without adding more difficulty due to more real players.
I am in no rush to finish the game - gonna play it with one other person anyway.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 02:32 AM   #51
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
This is real or is Halo 1 ?

review Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ag=tabs;images

In the videos look better , but ... bufff
there is something wrong with those screen.. the textures arent fully loaded..
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 03:51 AM   #52
Jonelo

But all screens are equal in gamespot . This is the real look of the game ?. In the videos look better
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 05:24 AM   #53
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
This is real or is Halo 1 ?

review Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ag=tabs;images

In the videos look better , but ... bufff
Wait a min, this is from MP. MP doesn't use all fancy graphics you seein single player mode.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 06:44 AM   #54
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

woot. 1hr till I get my copy. I'm so ready for this game after seeing Gamespots review. Actually has a conclusive story.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 07:18 AM   #55
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? You can BET MONEY that a PS3 owner is going to **** all over any game that's not for the PS3.
Gotta love how you try to flame us but we have never once mentioned the PS3, if anything most of us used Wii games as an example of sequals getting lower scores then this game when they have done more improvements for the series.

buffbiff21, Thats what im talking about. They go rag a game for being a sequal and having too much like the original yet Halo 3 is nothing more then Halo 2 fined tuned. No new gameplay or features were added to the single player mode.
Old 09-24-07, 09:04 AM   #56
Revs

Not exactly ground-breaking graphics but i've just ordered a copy anyhow. Loved Halo, but Halo 2 Vista aint been working for me so I aint played it more than about an hour in to it.

I'm 'BonBevitt' on live BTW. Just in case I bumps in to yous lol
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-07, 09:16 AM   #57
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Gotta love how you try to flame us but we have never once mentioned the PS3, if anything most of us used Wii games as an example of sequals getting lower scores then this game when they have done more improvements for the series.

buffbiff21, Thats what im talking about. They go rag a game for being a sequal and having too much like the original yet Halo 3 is nothing more then Halo 2 fined tuned. No new gameplay or features were added to the single player mode.
I think there review also took into account multiplayer. Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda scored great for being just sequels but Halo 3 expands on its single player and most of all multiplayer which you should take into account yet your acting as if its mutiplayer is not worth an extra 5 points.. I really don't understand why you are being so harsh. And I really don't think you would be acting like this if it was say Metal Gear Solid 4 and it got scored a 9.5, and mind you there is already talk its multiplayer will be sold separately.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 09:18 AM   #58
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Yes but the whole point is I seen many people on this forum just rip into any game because they don't like the console it's on. It goes both ways for the XBox 360, PS3 and WII and I think all ZF is trying to say is that some people will come in here to trash Halo 3 because they are PS3 or WII fanboys or vice versa. Not say all of you are, maybe you just don't like Halo and think the reviews are biased. Meh I don't care, I'm going to be killing the Covenant tommorow any how!

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 09:45 AM   #59
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I has Halo
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 10:14 AM   #60
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
I think there review also took into account multiplayer. Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda scored great for being just sequels but Halo 3 expands on its single player and most of all multiplayer which you should take into account yet your acting as if its mutiplayer is not worth an extra 5 points.. I really don't understand why you are being so harsh. And I really don't think you would be acting like this if it was say Metal Gear Solid 4 and it got scored a 9.5, and mind you there is already talk its multiplayer will be sold separately.
So they keep the SP portion the same and expand the MP and it deserves a 9.5? Hell Then I expect UT3 to get a perfect 10.

You bring up MGS4, and you know what. It should score higher then Halo if this is what we should expect. I mean MGS4 raises the bar on a technical level, improves and adds far more then any of the previous series ever had aswell as includes an Online Component (MGS4 will have MP, MGSO is something else).

pkirby11, Were not trashing the game. Were just saying that it doesn't deserve the score. Especially when you look at other games that have rexieved lower scores and offered far more changes and new features from the originals. Yes Zelda had no MP but Twilight Princess was such a drastic change from the norm when it came to Zelda considering how stale the series has been getting and yet its score was hurt because it didn't change enough.