Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-26-07, 05:28 PM   #97
sammy sung

Default Re: Clive Barker's Jericho PC demo tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle

Also where did the developers say this is UT3 engine? I don't beleive they have.
No they never did,just claimed by posters in this thread.
Old 09-26-07, 05:33 PM   #98
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I doubt I'll be getting this.

It looks great and I was getting the hang of the controls...til I got to that hole she had to climb down.

Those little "games", like forcing a player to jump something they can barely make and dieing over and over...I hate that crap, useless and irritating.
Not to insult you, but it sounds to me like you dont like a challenge, or cant complete a hard challenge. do you just like easy, "blow-off" games?

That "hole" thing to me was pretty easy.
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 05:40 PM   #99
Mangler
DRM is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathemetal
Not to insult you, but it sounds to me like you dont like a challenge, or cant complete a hard challenge. do you just like easy, "blow-off" games?

Or he might just not like the ddr inspired challenges, I dont mind them, but I can see why some people dislike them as they take you away from the action, as you are basicly just pressing some buttons to advance a cutscene.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 05:42 PM   #100
wysiwyg

wow it runs great at max settings

good looking game too and fun as well

large dload for one of the shortest demos ever, i think most of the size is due to the intro
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 05:52 PM   #101
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathemetal

Basically what mangler said. I like challenges to be time-based, or stealth, puzzles are good etc. Jumping a hole/pressing a sequence of keys that they show you...that just detracts from the atmosphere for me. takes me right out.

Personal preference thing is all.
Old 09-26-07, 06:48 PM   #102
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
Basically what mangler said. I like challenges to be time-based, or stealth, puzzles are good etc. Jumping a hole/pressing a sequence of keys that they show you...that just detracts from the atmosphere for me. takes me right out.

Personal preference thing is all.

true, i'm not a fan of that either.
Old 09-26-07, 06:54 PM   #103
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
Wow, this is dumb.

When you're the girl, when you give a command, it's GUY'S VOICE! It's not even using more than ONE core (dear Codemasters, this is Unreal Engine 3, the engine scales to four-cores on its own, WHAT DID YOU DO? )

Deleting now. . .

http://www.thattechsite.com/vbulleti...?p=404#post404
I haven't played the demo yet but I believe there is a legitimate reason for the guy voice. In the full game, your character actually dies somewhere near the beginning. You basically become this disembodied voice able to possess any one of the squad members. I'm not sure where in the game the demo takes place, but I think thats why you hear a guy voice coming out of a female.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 06:59 PM   #104
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
I haven't played the demo yet but I believe there is a legitimate reason for the guy voice. In the full game, your character actually dies somewhere near the beginning. You basically become this disembodied voice able to possess any one of the squad members. I'm not sure where in the game the demo takes place, but I think thats why you hear a guy voice coming out of a female.
Yep, thats why. this demo is about half way through the game.

Old 09-26-07, 07:08 PM   #105
Destroy

Only 5 things annoyed me with this game.

Invisible walls all over preventing you from falling.

Blurry textures everywhere thanks to cosolitus.

FOV too damn close; with all the great swaying movements and screen efx, seriously motion dizzy after playing this game.

Mouse control felt very sloppy and only has 3 sensitivity settings.

It's not scary at all.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 07:08 PM   #106
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

I just cant wait for this to hit shelves

There are just too many good games coming out!

COH:OF
Crysis
COD4
Jericho
Spore
SO MANY!
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 07:28 PM   #107
blizzle

This game surprised me, I thought it was going to be lame due to hearing it's just a run and gun and nothing like Undying. The graphics look good and I thought it was pretty fun. Slashing the enemies with the sword was satisfying. Nice blood effects and ragdolls. Though that's just judging from the demo... I'll probably pick up the retail to see if the rest is as good.
Old 09-26-07, 07:30 PM   #108
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Only 5 things annoyed me with this game.

Invisible walls all over preventing you from falling.

Mouse control felt very sloppy and only has 3 sensitivity settings.

It's not scary at all.
I can agree with those 3 (edited the other ones out)
The 3 levels of mouse sense feels very much like a sloppy conversion of analog stick sens setting, and I cannot in any way understand how anyone would put that sort of thing in a PC game, on a mouse sens setting.
That and as I already mentioned the parts where you gotta hit keys for different directions in a really short time or you die (I fell down some hole), feels SO out of place for me, in my mind that sort of stuff is just annoying and doesnt belong in a PC shooter.
And I didnt find any jump key (didnt look, just tried out the usual keys), can you jump? if not, Im no fan of that either.

Bit dissapointed in this, but not that much from the demo, had high expectations with the trailers, but they fell pretty steep once I saw the gameplay footage.
Its not the game I was hoping for, but it could still be fun I guess.
Was looking forward to something a bit more like undying, bit slower paced, more scary feel to it, not just in your face gore, which isnt really scary at all.

And Ive never been much of a fan of AI buddies in games, plus I belive it can really hurt the horror feel in a game if thats what your going for altho I think this IS ment to be more of a action shooter then a horror game.
Overall tho AI buddies tend to get in the way and be overall annoying, and rarely acctually ADD anything to a game (in this case its pretty much a alternative to switching weapons/abilities)

On the plus side I liked the graphics, the depth of field thing is pretty nice.
It seems they only use the depth on the far side of the crosshairs depth position, didnt notice it blur anything between you and the crosshair.
Thats prolly a good idea, and the depth of field lends a bit of a cinematic feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Hows that a console thing? Are you talking about context sensitive situations and things? Like what Tomb Raider: Legends had? Whats wrong with those then? I loved moments like that, broke up the game abit and kept you on your toes...
Well I cant recall any FPS games on PC using that sort of stuff. (didnt play any tomb raider since the first one, didnt care for it, not really a FPS tho is it?)
But to me it feels very out of place, and not something I would like in a FPS game.
It happened when I walked over some grating in the floor, I guess it broke or something cause it cut over to a cutscene with a hole and suddenly I was falling down it and some keys flashed on the screen..
Apparantly I was supposed to hit these keys in order, I didnt, so I died..