Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-01-07, 06:32 AM   #133
mcolbourn
Time waits for no man!

Default Re: ET:Quake Wars Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
THanks...

It's so weird going from 25fps in Crysis and then playing QW immediately after... everything is moving SO FAST.
Yea I noticed that too. Has anyone tried turning the multi-threded renender at all? I did and have noticed it seems to loads levels and run smother. FPS has not gone up really but I guess the min FPS has and thats why it feels smother I guess. I will have to spead some time testing it.
Old 11-01-07, 10:32 AM   #134
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolbourn
Yea I noticed that too. Has anyone tried turning the multi-threded renender at all? I did and have noticed it seems to loads levels and run smother. FPS has not gone up really but I guess the min FPS has and thats why it feels smother I guess. I will have to spead some time testing it.
I have it in my exe now, but honestly I haven't noticed much difference. I get about 59fps all the time, and down to 45fps in heavy battles.
Old 11-02-07, 09:35 AM   #135
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Well I like that they added the EMP effects to a disabled vehicle/deployable with the 1.2 patch. Makes it easier to look out the corner of my eye, rather then have to put my crosshair directly on it. And is it just me or does the GDF machine pistol seem more accurate? I was raging peeps short and long distance with that thing. Could be that I'm just getting better with it. I'm still terrible with the pistol, even tho they increased the acc on it.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-07, 06:22 PM   #136
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

There is no tutorial for this game, the manual is a joke and the advanced user guide is no good either.

So lets get some tips on the tabel!

Apparently I'm noob because I didn't notice to this day that the GDF Covert Ops' third eye also functions as a small radar allowing you to protect objectives and set up ambushes. Yes most of you probably know, I didn't notice until today
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-07, 10:59 PM   #137
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
There is no tutorial for this game, the manual is a joke and the advanced user guide is no good either.

So lets get some tips on the tabel!

Apparently I'm noob because I didn't notice to this day that the GDF Covert Ops' third eye also functions as a small radar allowing you to protect objectives and set up ambushes. Yes most of you probably know, I didn't notice until today
You can remotely detonate that too.

Maybe the biggest "secret" is the strogg infiltrator teleport device. You can throw it over a wall that you couldn't normally go over, and then teleport to that spot. I'm no expert at doing it, but it can come in handy to capture forward spawns, particularly at the Salvage and Volcano.
Old 11-04-07, 07:31 AM   #138
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Lolololol I killed someone with an "Airstrike Marker" yesterday I have no idea how!

I was a field ops, had minimum health and 3 guys was coming at me so I decided to call in an airstrike so I threw the smoke grenade at the crowd then ran like hell. Then a few seconds after, I got a frag! WTF!!

I asked the guy how it happened afterwards and he wasn't sure either. Best frag ever!
Old 11-04-07, 08:02 AM   #139
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

I just figured out last week the 1 key deploys a decoy from a vehicle when you have been locked on by a missile. You would think I would have known that by now since I've been playing this for a few weeks. I just noticed for the first time a flying drone looking deal floating above a Strogg deployable and repairing it?? Maybe it's an xp upgrade for the Constructor, or does it suddenly float above him when hes repairing? heh. Funny, I didnt notice it till the recent patch.

I've got a few buddies who've been playing since the beta and they still havent gotten everything figured out. I know personally I've gotten pretty cozy with the soldier/fops and Strogg equivalent classes. Need to start messing around again.

iPhone junkie...
Old 11-04-07, 08:45 AM   #140
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetFanBoy
I just figured out last week the 1 key deploys a decoy from a vehicle when you have been locked on by a missile. You would think I would have known that by now since I've been playing this for a few weeks. I just noticed for the first time a flying drone looking deal floating above a Strogg deployable and repairing it?? Maybe it's an xp upgrade for the Constructor, or does it suddenly float above him when hes repairing? heh. Funny, I didnt notice it till the recent patch.

I've got a few buddies who've been playing since the beta and they still havent gotten everything figured out. I know personally I've gotten pretty cozy with the soldier/fops and Strogg equivalent classes. Need to start messing around again.
Yeah that is something I only recently figured out as well. When you gain enough XP you will get the repair drone (as the strogg constructor anyways, not sure about what the GDF engineer gets) that you can set to repair a structure or vehicle by aiming and pressing the right mouse bottom. I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics yet, whether you have one drone or more, and whether it drains your charge when repairing etc., but at least now I know how they work and I'm gonna figure everything out the next time I hit levels with constructor/engineer again

But yeah this game REALLY needed a tutorial and/or a much better manual / advanced user guide.

Old 11-04-07, 08:58 AM   #141
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Yeah that is something I only recently figured out as well. When you gain enough XP you will get the repair drone (as the strogg constructor anyways, not sure about what the GDF engineer gets) that you can set to repair a structure or vehicle by aiming and pressing the right mouse bottom. I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics yet, whether you have one drone or more, and whether it drains your charge when repairing etc., but at least now I know how they work and I'm gonna figure everything out the next time I hit levels with constructor/engineer again

But yeah this game REALLY needed a tutorial and/or a much better manual / advanced user guide.
Thanks! I kinda figured that's what it must have been. Think I'll spend the day as a Constructor and Fops trying to get me a marker kill.

iPhone junkie...
Old 11-04-07, 11:52 AM   #142
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

New tip that I figured a few days ago:

When you gain 1 level in vehicles as GDF you can call in a husky from the central command using the V-menu. Simply request a vehicle and it will be airdropped to your location shortly after
Old 11-04-07, 01:15 PM   #143
nemecb

Quote:
It appears that each time you use the drone it takes a certain amount of your repair energy, no matter how much repairing the drone actually does.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 01:53 PM   #144
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

hah! Well I just finished up some gaming, now I feel like a total noob (honestly I'm somewhat proud of that ). I could never figure out why the repair tool would make the lock on sounds. I thought it meant to repair or something, but pressing mouse2 releases the repair drone, oh man. Sheesh, I guess I'm a slow learner...

I decided to go through all the keys in the options again. Seen the Caps Lock was for aiming while in a vehicle. This is great while flying. I thought I was some ace pilot before. That makes it WAY easier. I'm thinking maybe I should spec a little more. When I die, I usually wait till the last second before tapping out in hopes of a rev or when I join a server I just jump right in. I think I might spec some people later on today. Who knows what else I'll learn.

iPhone junkie...