Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-07, 12:54 PM   #169
pingu2

Default Re: ET:Quake Wars Full Version Feedback Thread

people are starting to get the hang of some of the classes and tactics a bit better now I find - making more use of the abilities on offer and the terrain of the maps..

really think they need to limit the firepower of Icarus, but still having lots of fun
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 02:12 PM   #170
nemecb

Just out of curiosity did the in-game ads ever get added? I don't see them on Linux, but I suppose it's possible that they just didn't bother to port that part (hmm, a possible bonus for running on the less-supported platform?).
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 02:30 PM   #171
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Just out of curiosity did the in-game ads ever get added? I don't see them on Linux, but I suppose it's possible that they just didn't bother to port that part (hmm, a possible bonus for running on the less-supported platform?).
There are some Core 2 ads in there... but not many.
Old 11-21-07, 04:25 PM   #172
HYBRID

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu2
people are starting to get the hang of some of the classes and tactics a bit better now I find - making more use of the abilities on offer and the terrain of the maps..

really think they need to limit the firepower of Icarus, but still having lots of fun

I agree with you with regards to classes games are becoming more competitive I do feel the Stroggs have a better chance defending because of some of the weapons.

I really dislike the rail, and various sniper weapons also it really sucks to try and repair MCP while your taking shots from all over the map....still fun as hell game.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 04:43 PM   #173
jcossin
-=> Indy <=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcossin
ARGH, I spent over an hour last night screwing around to get the game to stop crashing when it was loading the map...

I tried upgrading my X-Fi Drivers, nVidia drivers, still crashing. Finally I uninstalled the whole game, reinstalled and reapplied the 1.2 patch and BINGO! WTH? I never had to do that with a game before. I think the 1.2 patch screwed something up when I applied it last time...

Anyone else having any crashing issues after the 1.2 patch?

Still love the game though! I was just frustrating to not be able to play for an hour when I FINALLY had time to game it up!!!
I found out what the problem is with the 1.2 patch. Don't ever check the box to save your password! Apparently it is very buggy and will crash your game often. Since I stopped trying to check that my game hasn't crashed once...

http://www.greetingcardsgirl.com - Check out the weekly Free Sale list posted every Sunday.

Asus G71Gx Laptop
nVidia 260m GTX 1GB DDR3
Intel Core2Duo P8700 (2.53GHz)
6GB 800MHz DDR2
64GB Corsair Xtreme SSD
500GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
17" 1440 x 900 WXGA+ LCD
Windows 7 64-bit
jcossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 08:16 AM   #174
HYBRID

I 've Had the password checked off since the 1.2 patch. and ETQW has never crashed on me.

I,am not saying this is not an issue for you but I doubt thats the problems seriously.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 09:19 AM   #175
rek075

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRID
I 've Had the password checked off since the 1.2 patch. and ETQW has never crashed on me.

I,am not saying this is not an issue for you but I doubt thats the problems seriously.
It depends on the password you use as to whether it crashes when you connect to a server. I've never had to crash until I changed my password. Found out on the forums that its an encoding issue and it will be fixed in the next patch probably. Meanwhile, I just changed my password back to the original one.
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 10:00 PM   #176
3DBrad

Just got this game with my card.

. . .it's still pretty bad.

Old 12-05-07, 10:11 PM   #177
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
Just got this game with my card.

. . .it's still pretty bad.
Graphics-wise?
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 10:48 PM   #178
3DBrad

I wouldn't mind them that much, but the jerky, robotic animations.
Old 12-05-07, 11:17 PM   #179
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
I wouldn't mind them that much, but the jerky, robotic animations.
I've had trouble playing it after Crysis for the same reason... I like the gameplay pretty well, but the animations suck, especially after shooting Koreans for a few weeks. I'm spoiled now.
Old 01-01-08, 03:21 PM   #180
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

some strats questions guys?
I usually play as infilterator, for this class this is probably how my round would go
Spawn > Deploy radar > Move out > pwn some dumbass that comes strolling into our base > camo and waltz into their base > hack as much as i can and kill spawned enemies > I get killed, start again.
Sometimes instead of hacking, i would liberate a spawn point or something. Is this right?
Another question, for the island map, or i am not sure if its island, you start on the beach, and have to work your way up into their base (from strogg side) and distroy core thing with flying drones. My side was completely dominated, we were outnumbered and much less experienced. I tried to switch classes around but nothing worked. I would kill maybe 5-8 enemies every round, but would loose so much health that i would fail at comlpleting objectives. For the whole time, we did not get farther then the first objective. Any clues on how not to get bogged down on the beach?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote