Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-07, 12:37 AM   #61
malachi1313

Default Re: ET:Quake Wars Full Version Feedback Thread

I bought the full game today and all I have to say is IGN{AUS} is frikkin retarded. This game has alot to offer and it's alot faster paced than bf2 or bf2142. Awesome game. I like how some objectives you can fly thru and some points really take a LONG time to complete.
malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 12:46 AM   #62
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachi1313
I bought the full game today and all I have to say is IGN{AUS} is frikkin retarded. This game has alot to offer and it's alot faster paced than bf2 or bf2142. Awesome game. I like how some objectives you can fly thru and some points really take a LONG time to complete.
Can you connect to ranked servers? Cause I can't.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 12:47 AM   #63
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
Can you connect to ranked servers? Cause I can't.
You loaded the patch, right?
Old 10-03-07, 12:50 AM   #64
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
You loaded the patch, right?
Of course. It's loaded by auto updater. I checked the official lot of people are having issue with their ranked servers. Also, this is game is not joystick and controller friendly. Very disappointing.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Old 10-03-07, 12:54 AM   #65
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Of course. It's loaded by auto updater. I checked the official lot of people are having issue with their ranked servers. Also, this is game is not joystick and controller friendly. Very disappointing.
I played w/o updating when I first loaded the game, and I only had 8 servers to choose from... but I didn't notice if the ranked ones were working or not later.

And who plays FPS with a joystick?!
Old 10-03-07, 12:58 AM   #66
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
I played w/o updating when I first loaded the game, and I only had 8 servers to choose from... but I didn't notice if the ranked ones were working or not.

And who plays FPS with a joystick?!
I do for flying in BF2 and BF2142. And lot of people do too. Check the official forum and see it yourself. There's a way to bind joysticks by creating an autoexc.cfg file but it only works with none force feedback controllers.

Old 10-03-07, 04:09 AM   #67
pingu2

Quote:
There're connections problems with the servers. I know a few people who have the game 3 days but still can't play online.

This game can be fun if you like infantry focused combat. But I prefer games that put bigger emphasis on vehicles.

I guess I'm the opposite to you then - I was worried that gameplay would be too reliant on vehicles but instead I find that I only ever use them to get from A to B, and I can spend the rest of my time on foot like I prefer

Am also happy that there is a lot more close combat/indoors action than I had expected from the demo map (Valley) - several of the maps end up with long firefights inside.

There aren't many people playing medic (compared to original ET) - rambo medic is a lot harder to play now thankfully - but I am playing half medic and half engineer and really like both classes.. turrets are fantastic as are tripmines and the strogg medic creating spawn hosts is a great idea that really helps differentiate not just between the medics of each side but also between the way both teams attack (ie gdf can rush in a lot harder but if they dont make it all the way they are back where they started - whereas the strogg have to make a more gradual/progressive attack due to the their longer revive time (which is compensated for by the addition of spawn hosts)..

anyway the point im making is that they have made both sides very different to play (this is just 1 example).. as a real ET fan, im happy with the game and think it will take off
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 03:04 PM   #68
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Wow

Just got the game and when looking at the game credits.. found that .. Lloyd Morris one of the most popular level designers of the quake3 community is working there..

Is there is someone that know how to push QUake3 engine to its limits is him.

http://lvlworld.com/search.php?q=Lloyd+Morris

I just remember when he used to be a regular member in quake3 editing forums and told that was looking desperately for ANY job .
And now is in one of the main level designers of Splash damage.

I never though anyone with skills in level editors will get a job so quickly in the gaming industry and in top developer studios.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-07, 05:52 PM   #69
ty1er

Is there music in the full game when playing the maps? I'm currious since the demo does not have any.
eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS
Windows XP
ty1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 05:57 PM   #70
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Ok the full version rocks. And I'm a lil miffed as to why they chose Valley for their public demo. Like so many others, Slipgate and Island are my favs early on, well, Area 22 too. The entire European campaign is freaking cool. Dont get me wrong, Valley is cool, but man, there are some way choicer maps they could have went with as far as the demo went. Volcano! Hah, first thing that came to mind was RTCW's beach map. If everyone is doing what their supposed too, the freaking Strogg take a beating on that first wave of the map, but once they get passed that and the 2nd faze, it's pretty hard to defend that regulator with all those flying drones (you know, the remote control flying mine/explosive deal...) going into the vents and finding their way to the regulator/generator (it starts at 100% and those lil flying bastards knock it down a good 10-20% each hit ).

The vehicles dont seem trivial anymore. They all serve their purpose really well I think. Once I figured out the ctrl key stops that jet on a dime and lets you hover, it was on baby! I think they are a tad too weak as far as taking damage goes, but you do get an armour upgrade once you do enough killing in them.

I love team based mp's, and with the variety in the classes and the 4 types of game play mixed throughout the campaigns, I'm going to get some miles out of this bad boy.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 06:04 PM   #71
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1er
Is there music in the full game when playing the maps? I'm currious since the demo does not have any.
No. Unless theres an option to turn some on? There is between maps, kinda reminds me of that tribal sounding stuff they played in the Rage trailer.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 08:34 PM   #72
Noodles

I'm getting this for free when i register my evga 8800u

i'm gonna lend it to a friend

there hasnt beena good battlefield game since VIETNAM

and so. with all the other hot titles i have to play like MOH and GRAW2 and WIC...

i'm kicking this ot the side for a bit.
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

^That's 4 years old, YIKES! time to upgrade!
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote