Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-07, 11:16 AM   #85
mcolbourn
Time waits for no man!

Default Re: ET:Quake Wars Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I think I'd rather spend $50 on "Fuji Water" than spend it on this game. Biggest disappointment of the year, by far.
welll over here its ony 18 so its cheep as chips. And for that price its a bargin. For once we in the UK get a good deal on game prices on most things we get ripped off.
Old 10-15-07, 07:29 AM   #86
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

this game is slowly building a bit of momentum. certainly releasing the beta was a bad idea. killed off most of the interest. I've never seen that happen before.

A local ISP is running a comp with $10,000 first prize for the best clan.
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 07:47 AM   #87
pingu2

really enjoying it - have installed unreal and crysis demo/beta but havent even played them yet as whenever I sit at the computer I am sucked in to Quake Wars..!
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 02:42 PM   #88
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

i am looking to get to this one. I was also a huge Q3 fan....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 07:12 AM   #89
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
this game is slowly building a bit of momentum. certainly releasing the beta was a bad idea. killed off most of the interest. I've never seen that happen before.

A local ISP is running a comp with $10,000 first prize for the best clan.
I agree.

Funny how a beta is meant to fix bugs, balance issues etc, yet so many based the game off of it. I recall RTCW test's being that way, lots of mixed emotions early on, then it caught fire. Talked a few of my friends who didnt care for the beta into getting the full version, they got hooked. "Your leaving? No dude stay longer!" Goodtimes.

I'm amazed at the ET community. I still visit it. They seem to want the ET universe to forever be a free download. And even tho the free download was one of the coolest things id has done, just get the feeling it's hampering the franchise a bit.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 08:47 AM   #90
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Already uninstalled this POS game. Frontlines Fuel Wars is so much better even in current beta form.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 10:47 PM   #91
Noodles

yeah not so crazy about this... i find the weapons retarded/unfun to use.. i can only use the assault rifle... thats it.
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

^That's 4 years old, YIKES! time to upgrade!
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 10:55 PM   #92
methimpikehoses

I don't understand what there isn't to like about this game... I'm going to fire it up again right now.

Old 10-17-07, 12:05 AM   #93
Amuro
Newtype Ace

What's not to like? Well, first the gameplay is linear, so it gets boring quick. Once you have completed an objective, the game moves on, and there's no going back, retaking lost ground, etc. The primary sequence of objectives on a given map stays the same every time, so after a while everyone will be so good at completing those objectives with no strategising involved. Frontlines Fuel of War is also objective based, but it's dynamic as the frontline shifts back and forth depending on your actions.

Oh, and retarded heli controls.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Old 10-17-07, 12:42 AM   #94
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
What's not to like? Well, first the gameplay is linear, so it gets boring quick. Once you have completed an objective, the game moves on, and there's no going back, retaking lost ground, etc. The primary sequence of objectives on a given map stays the same every time, so after a while everyone will be so good at completing those objectives with no strategising involved. Frontlines Fuel of War is also objective based, but it's dynamic as the frontline shifts back and forth depending on your actions.

Oh, and retarded heli controls.
I like the objective thing so at least there is some sense of progressing, not just pointless chaos... and I like that you can return to the same objectives and hone your skills. The ability to retake spawn points can turn a game around... if you're good enough.

The other good things are that the maps are large so you can cover a lot of ground destroying things with the right weapons, and air strikes are great. The infantry based fighting is also enjoyable when you can perfect switching between grenades and primary or secondary weapons... lets see, building turrets is also a plus, and the variety of classes is also +.

I agree that the controls for the flying vehicles can be very difficult, and I stay away from them for the most part. Some people are excellent pilots though, and can command the game if you don't have the correct anti-air defense for them.

I'll try Fuel of War though-- I haven't had a chance to play yet so I could change my entire opinion if it is the QW killer you say it is.
Old 10-17-07, 01:12 AM   #95
Amuro
Newtype Ace

The heli controls are too unrealistic. They're not hard actually. W elevate and S descend with auto hover, allowing seat switching anytime without crashing. And there's the airbrate key to instantly go into a full stop in mid air. Plus the mouselook key that allows aiming without steering the aircraft.

Old 10-17-07, 10:08 AM   #96
HYBRID

I'am seriously enjoying this title. Long time ET player.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote