- Added support for new GPUs:
- Quadro NVS 290
- Quadro FX 370
- Quadro FX 570
- Quadro FX 1700
- Improved GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap out-of-memory handling.
- Fixed a performance regression on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Added support for a 'NoScanout' mode to the X driver, useful for high performance computing environments and remote graphics; please see the 'UseDisplayDevice' option description for details.
- Improved power management support with GeForce 8 and older GPUs.
- Improved compatibility with recent X.Org X servers.
- Improved G-Sync support with Quadro FX 4600 and Quadro FX 5600.
- Added XV brightness and contrast controls to the GeForce 8 video texture adapter implementation.
- Further improved interaction with ATi RS480/482 based mainboards.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed XvMC support on GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a GPUs with PureVideo support.
- Added support for bridgeless SLI with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed rotation support on some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem causing X to render incorrectly after VT switches with composited desktops.
- Fixed a RENDER acceleration bug that was causing 2D rendering corruption in Eclipse with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Improved VGA console restoration with DFPs and TVs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the generation of incorrect EDIDs on some notebooks.
- Fixed flickering corruption with SLIAA on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed installation problems on systems with modular X.Org X servers.
- Fixed X driver event delivery problems interfering with event driven features like DamageEvents.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 100.14.19
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
Please note: This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForceFX and newer NVIDIA GPUs
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.01
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 100.14.19
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678