Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-07, 05:23 PM   #1
DiscipleDOC

Default An idea about the fs/t forums

When someone is ineligible to sell in the forums, their email/website should be deleted so that no one will be able to contact that person. Even though we close threads, the seller is still able to get emails from someone that will probably get cheated out of their money.

Just my .02 cents.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 05:49 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: An idea about the fs/t forums

I don't agree with this. It's not MikeCs responsibility if someone contacts the seller through email when his thread was locked for not following the rules. the Buyer should have been smart enough to know that its a bad sign to contact a seller who had the thread locked.
Old 10-07-07, 06:05 PM   #3
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I don't agree with this. It's not MikeCs responsibility if someone contacts the seller through email when his thread was locked for not following the rules. the Buyer should have been smart enough to know that its a bad sign to contact a seller who had the thread locked.
Agreed. If someone's dumb enough to go through on a deal with a shady seller then they need to deal with the consequences.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 07:26 PM   #4
DiscipleDOC

Well...those were just my thoughts. What would be the purpose of just closing a thread when people can still get in contact with that person?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 07:40 PM   #5
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
Well...those were just my thoughts. What would be the purpose of just closing a thread when people can still get in contact with that person?
So people can see why it was closed. Removing the email might be a nice, but it's up to the FS mod to devote the extra bit of time I guess. Can mods edit posts?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 08:19 AM   #6
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
I agree DiscipleDoc. It is no harder to delete a thread than it is to close it. If they don't register to sell it's not serving a purpose to leave the thread visable to members. Once they register it's easy enough to undelete the thread.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote